Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I think the glyph should probably make it a 25 - 30 second cd but instant cast. If it has a cast time or too long of a cd it will probably not be worth taking over FoJ.
    That's what worries me, the old glyph is fine and needs no changing. It would make it instant cast on a 25 sec cd... which is basically perfectly fair. My main hope is that the glyph is being changed because of Holy, and Ret will get it instant cast in some way through a spec-only ability.

Y'all need to take these supposed changes with a grain of salt.
    Half of the "patch notes" in this PTR datamining don't even make sense. Like completely removing Shadowform damage reduction from SPriests.

Inquisition and Execution buff may sound like good changes, but Turn Evil and Burden of Guilt changes are simply retarded.
    Unless of course 1.) you simply want to be OP and to hell with balance, and 2.) expect to be hotfixed nerfed two days after the patch even if they went live.

Ret paladins are already quite decent right now, not too OP and not too weak. Warriors/WW Monks are below them and DKs/Ferals above. With these changes, they would become the undisputed melee gods.

Being the best melee will be fine with me.
    Will be better than practically being the worst for a whole expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Y'all need to take these supposed changes with a grain of salt.
    Half of the "patch notes" in this PTR datamining don't even make sense. Like completely removing Shadowform damage reduction from SPriests.

Inquisition and Execution buff may sound like good changes, but Turn Evil and Burden of Guilt changes are simply retarded.
    Unless of course 1.) you simply want to be OP and to hell with balance, and 2.) expect to be hotfixed nerfed two days after the patch even if they went live.

Ret paladins are already quite decent right now, not too OP and not too weak. Warriors/WW Monks are below them and DKs/Ferals above. With these changes, they would become the undisputed melee gods.
    These changes will not make Ret Op. Don't overreact.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    If they don't make Turn Evil instant (for Ret at least) it will end up being way worse even than Repent, since it has a shorter range and because Turn Evil is already nice against dks, warlocks, all priest aberrations...
    This will probably happen.

The changes seem great for the first few minutes, but if you actually go through them properly its still the same old stuff.

They haven't flat out given anything, everything that is a buff comes tagged with a nerf too.

I won't be surprised when the glyph doesn't come back / make it instant cast. Its just the sort of thing blizzard would do. Try and buff ret, end up nerfing it while buffing holy.

It seems rather odd for ret to ask for a glyph of repentance or something to make it more usable for ret for ages and then for them to introduce a fear type ability... I suppose its not and maybe they will just end up removing all of the turn evils changes and adding in a glyph of repentance, probably taking away the current turn evil glyph lol. Oh well..time will tell.

Looks like a lot of people still don't know the rules for abilities in competitive pvp by all the people suddenly jumping at the thought that they will get to use LoH in arena. Like even if that were to happen by mistake on the PTR (and im not saying it will)...do people honestly feel it would go live? After they just removed it from rated bgs as well...?

There are some nice changes, while not being flat out buffs will still put ret in a better position. However its very early days yet and as always will most likely change...and probably for the worse

I love these new changes!
    I can't wait for the PTR to go live.

Deleted
    Can someone explain to me the 4 set bonus please? Am I the only one thinking being able to spam and AE ability somewhat underwhelming, has Divine Storm changed?

Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    Can someone explain to me the 4 set bonus please? Am I the only one thinking being able to spam and AE ability somewhat underwhelming, has Divine Storm changed?
    Yes, it is underwhelming unless the fight has adds. I'm sure it will be buffed somehow in later PTRs, at the very least they need to make it generate a holy power so that it can compete with other fillers. Of course the nicest option would be to have the free ds give 3 hp instead of costing 3hp.
    Last edited by Tangra; 2013-06-13 at 03:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Source? Not saying that it's not possible, but doing what you stated means that on tier 2 we have:

1) Fear on a 15 sec CD, 8 sec duration, 1.5sec cast, breaks on damage
    2) Incap on a 15 sec CD, 8 sec duration, 1.5sec cast, breaks on damage
    3) 30 sec ranged stun.

1 and 2 are damn near identical...
    For everyone who doubts that they're changing the glyph: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...r-coming-soon/

"Turn Evil now has a 15-second cooldown. (Note: Glyph of Turn Evil will be redesigned and noted in a future PTR update.)"

Yeah, I don't get why people are going so crazy for the new turn evil. It's literally a worse version of repent if the glyph gets trashed. Longer cast, shorter range, and it DRs with blind. Woo.

I'm happy with the inq change, its a small dps buff in disguise as it will let us use that HP that once went to inq on our TV or DS. Approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    Yeah, I don't get why people are going so crazy for the new turn evil. It's literally a worse version of repent if the glyph gets trashed. Longer cast, shorter range, and it DRs with blind. Woo.
    They're changing the glyph because it gives it an 8 second CD, and they want it to be 15 seconds.
    Jeez, this forum is full of such cynical paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    They're changing the glyph because it gives it an 8 second CD, and they want it to be 15 seconds.
    I can almost promise you that they won't make the glyph an instant cast. They just got done nerfing instant CCs last patch, they're not gonna go back on that. I hope I'm wrong, but meh.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Well i hope so, but removing the increased cd doesn't really require a "redesign" of the glyph.

I can almost promise you that they won't make the glyph an instant cast. They just got done nerfing instant CCs last patch, they're not gonna go back on that. I hope I'm wrong, but meh.
    The redesign might be that Holy doesn't get to use it. Maybe.

Right now on the PTR Turn Evil casts slightly quicker and can be used on more PvP targets (beasts). The range is still shorter and it is on the same DR as blind. Both spells currently have a 15 second cooldown. The cooldown on one of the two talents will need to change or Turn Evil is just better. Aside from the skill lock out, the positional manipulation component of Fear spells make them very strong for PvP.

i'm waiting to see what they do with the glyph. If it makes Turn Evil instant the cooldown would probably be tripled(at minimum). We will see.

Battlegrounds are down and there is an issue with binding keys on the PTR currently. I will post later about how it feels in game when these issues are resolved.

I will say that anyone who does not see how having a Fear in addition to a Stun and an AoE disorient (and Silence if you are BE) will make for a strong combination probably doesn't PvP seriously enough.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think people also forget that repentance breaks on just the SLIGHTEST amount of damage except from censure. the fear however, can take 10% of someones hp before breaking. i would also like to see what the glyph does to the fear( BTW evil is a point of view as a talent name is FUCN COOL AS HELL!) it would seem misguided once again though. blizzard forgot holy paladins have access to OUR TALENTS AS RET TOO! those big dummies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramiell View Post
    I will say that anyone who does not see how having a Fear in addition to a Stun and an AoE disorient (and Silence if you are BE) will make for a strong combination probably doesn't PvP seriously enough.
    We have a winner over here.
    We still have one thing on the line - will it replace Fist of Justice? Because if it's not going to be an instant with the glyph, then I will personally stick to the 30s Hammer instead.
    You can get easy interrupted while casting this, too easy. However that could help much with other comps, which is ferals/hunters.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    it will be a hard toss up honestly, but i think one of the biggest factors as to why we dont take repent is because it breaks on the stupidest amount of damage ever( aka 1 damage could break the damn CC lol) not only that, but how useful would the fear be if it not only CCed the target but ran them into LoS or out of range of the target they want to support? ( talking about you, you pesky healers!)

Repentance will probably be changed. Made holy only?
    New talent to replace it.