Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

[PvP] Ret 5.4 patch notes: OMG.

All these awesome changes.
    Incoming ret actually being good again.

Paladin (Forums, Talent Calculator)
    Execution Sentence A hammer slowly falls from the sky, causing [ 593.6% of Holy Spell Power + 12,989 ] Holy damage over 10 sec. This damage is dealt slowly at first and increases over time, culminating in a final burst of damage. Unlimited range. Instant. Dispelling the effect triggers the final burst. Unlimited range. Instant.

Stay of Execution A hammer slowly falls from the sky, causing [ 593.6% of Holy Spell Power + 12,989 ] healing over 10 sec. This healing is dealt slowly at first and increases over time, culminating in a final burst of healing. Unlimited range. Instant. Dispelling the effect triggers the final burst. Unlimited range. Instant.

Turn Evil The power of the Light compels an Undead, Aberration, or Demon target to flee for up to 40 sec. Only one target can be turned at a time. 10.5% of Base Mana. 20 yd range. 1.5 sec cast.15 sec cooldown.

Talents
    Burden of Guilt Your Judgment hits fill your target with doubt and remorse, reducing movement speed by 50% for 12 sec. Paladin - LvL 30 Talent. Your Turn Evil now also affects Humanoids and Beasts. Paladin - LvL 30 Talent.

Execution Sentence A hammer slowly falls from the sky, causing [ 593.6% of Holy Spell Power + 12,989 ] Holy damage over 10 sec. This damage is dealt slowly at first and increases over time, culminating in a final burst of damage. Dispelling the effect triggers the final burst. Stay of Execution If used on friendly targets, the falling hammer heals the target for [ 593.6% of Holy Spell Power + 12,989 ] healing over 10 sec. This healing is dealt slowly at first and increases over time, culminating in a final burst of healing. Dispelling the effect triggers the final burst. Paladin - LvL 90 Talent. 40 yd range. Instant. 60 sec cooldown.

Hand of Purity Places a Hand on the friendly target, reducing damage taken by 10% and damage from harmful periodic effects by an additional 70% 80% (less for some creature attacks for 6 sec. Players may only have one Hand on them per Paladin at any one time. Paladin - LvL 60 Talent. 7% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant. 30 sec cooldown.

Unbreakable Spirit When Reduces the cooldown of your Divine Shield, Divine Protection or Lay on Hands are on cooldown, spending Holy Power will reduce the remaining cooldown by 1% per Holy Power spent, up to a maximum of 50% reduction. Paladin - LvL 60 Talent. and Lay on Hands by 50%. Paladin - LvL 60 Talent.

Retribution
    Guardian of Ancient Kings Summons a Guardian of Ancient Kings to help you deal damage for 30 sec. The Guardian of Ancient Kings will attack your current enemy. Both your attacks and the attacks of the Guardian will infuse you with Ancient Power that is unleashed as Ancient Fury when the Guardian departs. Paladin - Retribution Spec. 30 yd range. Instant. 5 min cooldown. 3 min cooldown.

Inquisition Consumes up to 3 Holy Power to increase your Holy Damage by 30% and critical strike chance by 10%. Lasts 10 20 sec per charge of Holy Power consumed. Paladin - Retribution Spec. 1 Holy Power. Instant.

Major Glyphs
    Glyph of Denounce Your Holy Shocks have a 50% chance to reduce the cast time of your next Denounce by 1.0 sec. Major Glyph. 0.5 sec. This effect stacks up to 3 times. Major Glyph.

Glyph of Inquisition Reduces the damage bonus of Inquisition by 15% but increases its duration by 100%. Major Glyph. When you land a killing blow on an opponent that yields experience or honor, the duration of your Inquisition is inscreaded by 30 sec. Major Glyph.

Glyph of Turn Evil Reduces the casting time of your Turn Evil spell by 100%, but increases the cooldown by 8 sec Redesigned. Major Glyph.

Inquisition Reduces the damage bonus of Inquisition by 15% 30% but increases its duration by 100% Major Glyph. Instant. 0% Major Glyph. Instant.

Turn Evil Reduces the casting time of your Turn Evil spell by 100%, but increases the cooldown by 8 sec. Major Glyph. Instant. 0 sec. Major Glyph. Instant.
    Last edited by solvexx; 2013-06-12 at 03:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

5.4 Ret PVP - Finaly some Quality of Life

So if nothing changes (and it will)

1) Big problem with the Inquisition maintanence: mostly gone - orgasms here.
    2) Big problem I AWAYS asked for instant Repentance: now we get Turn Evil on Humanoids + Glyph to be instant on 15 secs CD.
    3) Execution sentence being dispelable sucks - now its just bad.
    4) Umbreakable Spirit can be considered for RBGs maybe for survival...
    5) Guardian on 3 mins AAAAWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAHHH!!!

We're still low on survivability but it's getting there.
    "I notice my rating actually boosts when I remember to have fun. Playing competitively while also enjoying yourself and focussing on having good games instead of getting rating is way more important.
    After 2.2k the fun devolves into a twisted realm suffering and despair and you will quit pvp from extreme traumatic stress and you will probably xfer to Moon Guard and join some Belf rp guild and become a prostitute in Silvermoon."by Clukclukbewm

10+ Year Old Account
    At first glance they look like good PvP buffs. Very excited to see the final polish. And 3 min guardian!

Blizzard must be high or making mistakes. They never buff Paladins, Ret nevertheless.

But Lore is working at Blizzard now! He's forced them into buffing Ret I'm sure.
    What's up Guys Syiler Here! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvL...r9S7buOA_-Vr7Q!
    Guide and Info content Creator for WoW and other MMOs/RPGs

This is pretty much it.. Lore is working there now, he hooked us up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit confused about the Inq glyphs. There are two of them now?
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    I'm a bit confused about the Inq glyphs. There are two of them now?
    One of them increases your inquisiton by 30 seconds when you get a killing blow on someone which grants honour/exp.
    The other one reduces inquisiton's effectiveness for a longer duration.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    This is pretty much it.. Lore is working there now, he hooked us up.
    Lol didn't even think about this.

Honestly these changes are so bonkers.

inq is so long now =\

So unneeded. zzzz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therm View Post
    inq is so long now =\

So unneeded. zzzz
    Yeah, it's going to completely ruin the ability to tell who's a bad ret and who's a good one. Damn them!

@solvexx: The first is going to be very nice for pvp/leveling alts for sure.

Yeah, it's going to completely ruin the ability to tell who's a bad ret and who's a good one. Damn them!

@solvexx: The first is going to be very nice for pvp/leveling alts for sure.
    Inquisiton is a button press.. It doesn't really show whether someone is good or bad lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now Ret will have solved 2 of the 3 biggest problems.

1) Nice DPSing, meaning no crappy Inq
    2) An actual reliable CC with 15 secs Turn Evil on Humanoids with Glyph (wtf)

3) There is still low survivability outside of Divine Shield but there is Umbreakable Spirit - just there is NO WAY we can play without Clemency now.
    "I notice my rating actually boosts when I remember to have fun. Playing competitively while also enjoying yourself and focussing on having good games instead of getting rating is way more important.
    After 2.2k the fun devolves into a twisted realm suffering and despair and you will quit pvp from extreme traumatic stress and you will probably xfer to Moon Guard and join some Belf rp guild and become a prostitute in Silvermoon."by Clukclukbewm

10+ Year Old Account
    Inquisiton is a button press.. It doesn't really show whether someone is good or bad lol.
    According to Blizzard, there are many rets who can't keep Inq up. Maybe you and I don't think it's a big deal to press that button every 30 seconds, but apparently enough do for that glyph to exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping the sarcasm would leak through my post but it didn't. My apologizes!

ANYWAYS not wanting to steer the thread into the abyss with any debate of that sort...

I have taken a heavily casual route away from pvp in MoP. ES can be dispelled? o_o

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    According to Blizzard, there are many rets who can't keep Inq up. Maybe you and I don't think it's a big deal to press that button every 30 seconds, but apparently enough do for that glyph to exist.
    This is true. There are always people who struggle with particular concepts.

Also, I honestly don't think Clemency is mandatory.
    If you actually play with a good healer you will not be using HoS twice per game.
    Many, many games the healers I play with say they didn't use their trinket for entire games, take one HoS out, replace with trinket. GG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, LIFE will be so much better with a Instant Fear on 15 secs CD and we will get a GCD and 3HP every 30 secs (this is HUGE).

With this we get to CC to land a kill, to peel someone, to cap a flag on RBGs even. Our DPS will go so much better, we can consider 1 or 2 HP Inq to land a quick kill... man, I can't wait.

Deleted
    One of them increases your inquisiton by 30 seconds when you get a killing blow on someone which grants honour/exp.
    The other one reduces inquisiton's effectiveness for a longer duration.
    Actually I think that's just a datamining error. Blizzard have said in the past that glyph didn't really meet their design intent.. The notes also show a wording change from the original to the new despite the appearance of "Inquisition" as a separate glyph. Really doesn't make much sense to leave the old (bad) one in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have taken a heavily casual route away from pvp in MoP. ES can be dispelled? o_o
    Unfortunately yes. When Mists was first released, it was undispellable, but that didn't last long. It became dispellable within the first couple of patches. Never made it to the notes either.

Deleted
    Now if ES is dispelled, it'll do the final burst damage on the target it's placed upon. Currently, once it's dispelled, it's dispelled. Think UA dispel minus the silence.

EDIT: Also, what's the deal with burden of guilt change? Are we getting the current version as baseline or?
    Last edited by mmocf1819e4e86; 2013-06-12 at 03:38 AM.