Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The changes to guardian and inq just made me ecstatic, really excited for this patch so far...ya day 1 of patch notes...still excited

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I really doubt these changes are going to make Ret OP. Most of them are just quality of life changes that we should have had anyway.
    but i don't want to be OP! i want to be balanced, and this is a good stepping stone towards it..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

3min GoAK and 1 minute Inquisition duration... Just about the best it can be until HP gets taken out.

Kinda disappointed about us losing our slow, but whatever, it's how we were up until now, so shouldn't be too hard adapting back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Forde View Post
    3min GoAK and 1 minute Inquisition duration... Just about the best it can be until HP gets taken out.

Kinda disappointed about us losing our slow, but whatever, it's how we were up until now, so shouldn't be too hard adapting back to it.
    You actually use Burden of Guilt?
    So subpar compared to 30s CD HoJ.

Deleted
    Burden is often much stronger, such as 2v2 playing with a healer when u are training an enemy healer 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawelek View Post
    Burden is often much stronger, such as 2v2 playing with a healer when u are training an enemy healer 24/7.
    so tell me how can a snare be stronger than frequent stun while tunneling a healer?

Quote Originally Posted by Pawelek View Post
    What mmr/fantasy world do you play in where that is better than FoJ?

Take everything with a pinch of salt, I expect these to be revised heavily before release but so far looks promising at the very least that we seem to be getting a proper look at.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, these changes are great. I love it.

Turn Evil now has a 15-second cooldown. (Note: Glyph of Turn Evil will be redesigned and noted in a future PTR update.)
    No where does it say Turn Evil is gonna be instant. Or the glpyh will stay the same.

-I dont understand why do we need repentance and fear on the same tier with same cooldown and cast time. Seems pointless.
    -Is loh gonna be useable in rated pvp with spirit talent?

GotAK has its stacks reduced to 12 instead of 20 with a 3 min cd correct? I think its a poor attempt to make us less bursty and give constant dmg output. I just don't see it as game changing as the rest of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    you are being delusional.
    When they say "everything with cooldown of 10 or more minutes cannot be used in arena", it is based on unglyphed and untalented cooldowns.
    Lay on Hands never was, and never will be, usable in arenas, and thank god or any other deity for that.
    This is correct. Arena abilities' usability are based on base cooldowns. Keep in mind that in Cata, there was the minor glyph that reduced the CD on Lay on Hands by 3 minutes (so 7 min instead of 10 min), but you still cannot use LoH in competitive PvP because the base cooldown is still 10 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    About being OP:

Short version: Not overpowered.

On DPS topic: We will get: a GCD every 30 secs and 3HP from Inq. More sustained/less burst from GoAK. Basicaly just sustained DPS and quality of life.

On CC/Utility topic: We will be able to CHOOSE a fear. Even if get to be 15 secs CD instant, it will consume a Talent and a Glyph - think how Monks have a Instant Incapacitate 15secs CD as BASELINE, not to mention they're giving Locks a 30 secs AREA Fear BASELINE too. Not to mention it'll DR a lot. Not to mention it'll be clarified/reworked for SURE since there is no point of Repentance if it launches as it is.

On survivability topic: Think with US (umbreakable spirit) we will trade a Free/Sac/Prot for a 30 secs DProt and 2,5 min DS. OK, how much do we use hands? I can use a BoP (and I do) once every fight, sometimes twice. Freedom as it is, is taking place of Emancipate - we can live with having to Emancipate sometimes. Now SACRIFICE is the big problem. We NEED to dispel every 30 secs - loosing this could be e a problem. We're on short of it right now as it is... on 2 mins, our Healer Trinket will fall short. But for this much survivability could be an interesting situational.

On loosing BoG topic: Remember we have a Snare on demand with SoJ, the DPS downside isn't that big and the ranged from BoG can come from other classes we play with. We already have a baseline snare, this is the big point.
    "I notice my rating actually boosts when I remember to have fun. Playing competitively while also enjoying yourself and focussing on having good games instead of getting rating is way more important.
    After 2.2k the fun devolves into a twisted realm suffering and despair and you will quit pvp from extreme traumatic stress and you will probably xfer to Moon Guard and join some Belf rp guild and become a prostitute in Silvermoon."by Clukclukbewm

Deleted
    First blood fear, now this. Instant CC had to go, hadn't it?

Well if everyone else gets instant CC, we should too. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    The Glyph is being redesigned, Turn Evil is not going to be instant, it'll be the same cast time as repentance on a 15 sec cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Elovan View Post
    The Glyph is being redesigned, Turn Evil is not going to be instant, it'll be the same cast time as repentance on a 15 sec cd.
    Source? Not saying that it's not possible, but doing what you stated means that on tier 2 we have:

1) Fear on a 15 sec CD, 8 sec duration, 1.5sec cast, breaks on damage
    2) Incap on a 15 sec CD, 8 sec duration, 1.5sec cast, breaks on damage
    3) 30 sec ranged stun.

1 and 2 are damn near identical...
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

All good changes. I will re-sub if the fear thing actually makes it live.

If Turn Evil glyph makes the spell instant, the CD will need to be atleast 30 seconds - 45 seconds. The other two talent's on that tier get made obsolete otherwise. I wonder how well this new talent and the Unyielding Faith change will play with Holy though. Do they really want to buff that spec for PvP?

I can also see them increasing Divine Protections baseline cooldown. A 30 second CD on a defensive ability seems too good.

Ret would still lack a CC break outside of Bubble and the constant Glyph swapping (arena) annoyance with DP remains. Will Ret be viable enough for Rated Battle Grounds?

Any word if Polearms will be Transmogable with other 2-handed weapons now? I want to mog a Poleaxe on my Pally and Scythe on my DK so badly!

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    So you can A) Spec Repentence so it doesnt break on Censure if you talent that (only certain comps would), or B) Spec Burden of Guilt for a fail fear...
    Repentance breaks on any damage but Censure and Consecration.
    Turn Evil breaks on damage but you have to be mauling the target for it to break as opposed to sneezing on it.

I hate this will be used by Holy Paladins, they don't need it, in fact I hope there's A) no glyph for it or B) it's flagged Ret/Prot only.

Quote Originally Posted by Xnon22 View Post
    Lay on Hand cooldown =10min, -50% = 5min, anything that has 5 min or less can be used in arenas
    Is people really this dense or they just haven't played long enough.

Alright listen up, anything with 5 or less minutes of a BASE cooldown.
    This has happened before with a tier set making LoH basically have no CD so they changed it.

10 * 50 / 100 = 5 = 10 BASE.. LOL.

Ok rant over.
    Last edited by Veliane; 2013-06-12 at 04:07 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronosmash View Post
    So if nothing changes (and it will)

3) Execution sentence being dispelable sucks - now its just bad.
    Right now Excecution is full dispelable, if remember good, because in arenas i did a couple of times...

Plz confirm this any other healer...

I just remember a big hammer and dispell and no debuff on me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, ES is dispelable and on PTR will be too. It just gives the effect of the final burst when it is. It's just a not enough damage to be worth using on PVP Ret.
    "I notice my rating actually boosts when I remember to have fun. Playing competitively while also enjoying yourself and focussing on having good games instead of getting rating is way more important.
    After 2.2k the fun devolves into a twisted realm suffering and despair and you will quit pvp from extreme traumatic stress and you will probably xfer to Moon Guard and join some Belf rp guild and become a prostitute in Silvermoon."by Clukclukbewm