Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    So playstyle-wise ret palas are warriors, just slower and more flashy. All hail the homogenization.
    I dare you to find anything similar between paladin and warrior, besides obvious "hurr they both smash people with big 2handers durr"

On a chinese forum, some people feel that ret is obviously buffed (inq/turn evil/GoAK changes). But some others don't, they say with the removal of BoG and the decrease of GoAK strength stacks (20 to 12), ret is actually slightly nerfed.

It seems that many of them don't like the new turn evil telent, they say without BoG, it will be impossible to defeat some class specs like unholy/blood dks.

Quote Originally Posted by farrailgun View Post
    On a chinese forum, some people feel that ret is obviously buffed (inq/turn evil/GoAK changes). But some others don't, they say with the removal of BoG and the decrease of GoAK strength stacks (20 to 12), ret is actually slightly nerfed.

It seems that many of them don't like the new turn evil telent, they say without BoG, it will be impossible to defeat some class specs like unholy/blood dks.
    Not that I care about blood DK specifically, but this is entirely true. Losing the ranged snare is a HUGE blow to playstyle options in both PVE and PVP. It's a TERRIBLE tradeoff for repent 2.0 in EiaPOV. We already had Repent, a casted hard cc that breaks on damage with a 15sec CD. We then had meaningful choices in FoJ or BoG. But from the tweets, it sounded like "Holy didn't benefit enough from and/or use BoG, so we removed it and replaced it with EiaPOV". Cool, but not not everyone plays Holy. And even so, the BEST you could come up with is to give 2 versions of the exact same mechanic that ONLY differ in terms of what they DR with? REALLY?

Honestly hoping that BoG goes baseline for Ret, or that SoJ will apply its slow on Judge (like censure) to at least keep some semblance of kiting ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Though I donot care about pvp much, I must agree that the removal of BoG is a nerf to pve, which means holy/prot pallys have no n
    snare (melee or range) again, this sucks. And even ret could do nothing in situations which range snares are needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say to remove all damage from SoJ and give the BoG effect. So you trade a lot of damage for the snare and it get to a fair tradeoff, as Blizz said that there can't be a snare for free.
    "I notice my rating actually boosts when I remember to have fun. Playing competitively while also enjoying yourself and focussing on having good games instead of getting rating is way more important.
    After 2.2k the fun devolves into a twisted realm suffering and despair and you will quit pvp from extreme traumatic stress and you will probably xfer to Moon Guard and join some Belf rp guild and become a prostitute in Silvermoon."by Clukclukbewm

Quote Originally Posted by farrailgun View Post

Yeah, considering we don't even know if Turn Evil will be instant cast or not for Ret, since the glyph is being redesigned. It's fairly hard to tell how big of a buff these changes will be overall, I really hope a new ptr build comes out today, it's been a full week since the last one :/

Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    Yeah, considering we don't even know if Turn Evil will be instant cast or not for Ret, since the glyph is being redesigned. It's fairly hard to tell how big of a buff these changes will be overall, I really hope a new ptr build comes out today, it's been a full week since the last one :/
    On that note though, we seem to be drawing conclusions about Turn Evil that we maybe shouldn't, re: it being instant (w/ glyph):

Mind if I ask another question? You didn't like blood fear in 5.0 but you're practically giving it to Paladins? I'm confused
    Ghostcrawler: Turn Evil has a CD and cast time and paladins have to give up FoJ or Repentance to take it.

Wasn't Blood Fear nerfed for locks because it was an instant fear? What about glyphed Turn Evil on PTR...
    Holinka: Patch notes say we will redo the glyph.

Do you think Holy Paladins will be stronger or weaker without access to a slow mechanic AND an instant cast Turn Evil?
    Holinka: I don't think Paladin competitiveness hinges on the Turn Evil glyph. Holy Paladins don't take Burden of Guilt.

So, it sounds like the glyph won't be making/keeping it as instant cast. The last one is a bit vague, but also a slap in ret's face that "we're removing this Ret item because Holy doesn't use it". Sigh. Followed up with:

Ret. Ages we were after a reliable slow. A "Cast time CC" isnt what we wanted. Welcome for RBG control. but Meh.
    Holinka: You have a spammable root break, hand of freedom, a passive snare and a whole tier of talents about run speed.
    DK and Warrior need to spend a talent or global to apply their snare. You have it passive on a seal

I guess they just REALLY want us to use SOJ all the time in PVP, and can't comprehend that we can and do use SOT at times.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Because apparently having to swap seals doesn't cost a GCD. Good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    Because apparently having to swap seals doesn't cost a GCD. Good one.
    They think we run SOJ all the time. Because who needed that ranged snare from BoG anyway, when you have a weak seal that gives a 50% snare when you melee something? RIGHT?
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    They think we run SOJ all the time. Because who needed that ranged snare from BoG anyway, when you have a weak seal that gives a 50% snare when you melee something? RIGHT?
    Not to mention BoG snare was physical, and seal snare is magical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant say i like the BoG change. FoJ is better in most situations but it was still a choice. We'll still have SoJ ,which i think is an ok slow, but BoG is the best slow in game imo. Come 5.4 we'll have repentance and turn evil on the same tier. Different DRs dont justify two very similar cc talents on the same tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Rep should be Holy only, Fist should be Ret only and the talents have better Area Control options as improvements of Blinding Light, BoG and Evil is a PoV.

Make the Turn Evil Glyph let it cast while moving and if BoG is removed, make it into SoJ but remove all damage increase from it - so we have a baseline 5 secs CD ranged snare that requires seal twisting or a big DPS loss so it won't get OP.

Blizz have failed on this tier anyway on the moment they tried to make Ret stop to cast Repentance anyway.
    "I notice my rating actually boosts when I remember to have fun. Playing competitively while also enjoying yourself and focussing on having good games instead of getting rating is way more important.
    After 2.2k the fun devolves into a twisted realm suffering and despair and you will quit pvp from extreme traumatic stress and you will probably xfer to Moon Guard and join some Belf rp guild and become a prostitute in Silvermoon."by Clukclukbewm

Yeah wow, so for all we know thus far: Ret is losing access to BoG and also losing the ability to glyph into instant Turn Evil, which is of course is great against all sorts of Dk ,Lock, Priest and other teams. A new ptr just came out and there is no word on the glyph so far. I really wish they would directly answer how a melee is supposed to hard-cast abilities in serious PvP; there is a reason why virtually no melee has had to hard cast anything in years before MoP Repent came out. Fears are really powerful, so I'm not going to panic just yet, I suppose it might be ok on some comps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronosmash View Post
    if BoG is removed, make it into SoJ but remove all damage increase from it - so we have a baseline 5 secs CD ranged snare that requires seal twisting or a big DPS loss so it won't get OP.
    Why would it be OP? More importantly do you really think id be fun to spend 2 GCDs switching seals every 10 seconds. Because i dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    Yeah wow, so for all we know thus far: Ret is losing access to BoG and also losing the ability to glyph into instant Turn Evil, which is of course is great against all sorts of Dk ,Lock, Priest and other teams. A new ptr just came out and there is no word on the glyph so far. I really wish they would directly answer how a melee is supposed to hard-cast abilities in serious PvP; there is a reason why virtually no melee has had to hard cast anything in years before MoP Repent came out. Fears are really powerful, so I'm not going to panic just yet, I suppose it might be ok on some comps.
    Dude, feral, ret, and enhance have been hardcasting abilities as long as I can remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crap.

They're NERFING Selfless Healer, bringing old SS back on 2 min CD and of course, buffing Holy /facepalm

So we're back to that. I'll start using UmbS, SS and play a DK without grip u_u'

Quote Originally Posted by Cronosmash View Post
    Crap.

They're NERFING Selfless Healer, bringing old SS back on 2 min CD and of course, buffing Holy /facepalm

So we're back to that. I'll start using UmbS, SS and play a DK without grip u_u'
    Selfless healer didn't get nerfed. It didn't charge at all for ret.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewwindeeps View Post
    Dude, feral, ret, and enhance have been hardcasting abilities as long as I can remember.
    And as long as I can remember also. I would prefer an aoe ability to counter rogues and druids than this crap fest of a "choice."
    Welcome to New Blizzard where everything ages backwards, dead servers are left gasping for breath, homogenization is disguised as uniqueness, leveling mirrors the progression of travel in the last 150 years, and gold is just a nuisance.

10+ Year Old Account
    No news from the glyph of EiaPoV yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewwindeeps View Post
    Very rarely and currently almost everything important for other specs is instant. Cyclone has a cooldown now so it's pretty much always instant cast, hex also usually is. I know it's needed sometimes, but you have to admit that MoP version of repent had people scratching their heads from day one and now so does turn evil. Talent really aren't supposed to be awkward like that, and ask melee to sit there and cast, and are usually meant to feel strong.