Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The problem isn't just the straight damage, it's the damage per focus. The hotfix buff to AS actually pushed it's damage per focus close to/ahead of KC. KC holds a huge edge in DPET.

The 5.4 change improves the DPET of AS by 50%, not quite to the level of KC, but it's a legitimate concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Aertea View Post
    The problem isn't just the straight damage, it's the damage per focus. The hotfix buff to AS actually pushed it's damage per focus close to/ahead of KC. KC holds a huge edge in DPET.

The 5.4 change improves the DPET of AS by 50%, not quite to the level of KC, but it's a legitimate concern.
    A 50% increase in damage and a 50% increase in focus is exactly the same amount of damage per focus, not that damage per focus ever mattered. Focus isn't a limited resource, and will remain that way even with this change. Kill Command will still be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Aertea View Post

Yeah, i still am confused why they choose AS over each specs signature shot. I get the feeling they want MM to play a certain way, so can KIND of see why they'd do this i that regard. But I think a dmg tweak to ES/KC/AiS would be more sensible while not having the risk of AS spam builds coming into play.

It's early so I imagine there will be tons of changes and re-workings, but the only changes that are really good IMO right now are the changes to arcane shot, spirit bond, and mend/cleanse pet glyph. The tier bonuses will probably get re-worked, but right now the 2pc is pretty atrocious and the 4pc seems clunky for every spec except Surv. The silencing shot change will get reverted I think because it's stupid to give our only interrupt to the spec that is useless and unplayed for the most part. Overall I'm kinda numb to the crazy/awkward changes, MM has been useless for the whole expansion so far and Blizz has bumbled and been ok with leaving our class in the trenches of mediocrity since MOP started. I am reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hoping for a re-design of the class in 6.0/next expansion.

Deleted
    After reading other classes changes, seems like Blizzard is removing passive damage reduction from all DPSers. So this 10% DMG reduction via AotIH could have even greater impact in T16 then 15% in T15.

thank god i only play mm

It looks like defensive cooldown nerfs are part of some kind of bigger vision so I don't even think that's worth looking at yet. Not really going to care about Iron Hawk getting nerfed until we see what ends up happening with everyone else.

Although it's odd that they actually buffed Soul Leech for destruction locks, which was already hilariously overpowered to begin with, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Soo whats the BM hunter rotation in raids now? Im a bit confused.

Note that I stopped using kill command awhile back and it increased my dps by a lot, so should I be using it again or?
    Not using Kill Command is probably the absolute worst thing you could ever do as BM.

Well thats where Im confused, I got like at least 2k more dps in almost all LFRetard bosses that I fought. Without KC.
    Not using KC at all is 5.5k DPS loss for me according to FD, this is with the highest iLvl bow available and otherwise mediocre gear(532)

Soo whats the BM hunter rotation in raids now? Im a bit confused.

Note that I stopped using kill command awhile back and it increased my dps by a lot, so should I be using it again or?
    I need logs to believe this lol.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    There's one thing I find peculiar. They absolutely destroy Stampede, because hunters have too much burst (at least that seems the main reason). Then they turn around and improve our burst by a fair bit, by increasing AS dmg and cost. During a BW you'll be able to spam AS to your hearts content anyway, and those AS will hurt.

Loving these changes, even with the couple nerfs. Tier sets look very interesting for all specs. Some people seem to think that they're bad for MM but I strongly disagree. Yes, it will mean that you won't be able to spam Aimed Shot as your focus dump, but you'll have extra Rapid Fires, during which it will be viable to cast Aimed Shot. A lot of people have complained that two of MM's most annoying problems are its focus capping and Aimed Shot cast time--both are helped by these bonuses (the rest is just number tuning).

Deleted
    First they nerf bm cc by reducing the pet abilities, then they nerf the hunter stun which has been part of bm for at least a few years. Now silencing shot.

Why don't they just remove all hunter cc, this is becoming a joke of idiots that can't even remotely play or balance their own game.

-

How will thrill of the hunt work with the 2set and arcane shot buff? worth taking now?

Wouldn't MM be simpler to play if Blizzard simply removed the ability to hardcast Aimed Shot? We have another wind-up-nuke option with Powershot, and it's the complexity of the interaction between Haste buffs/focus dump (Arcane shot vs. Aimed) which makes MM harder to play than the other specs.

I could see the new 2-piece bonus as the lead-in to Aimed Shot changes for 5.4, hopefully with some proper DPS tuning to make MM a realistic option for PvE or PvP.

Well thats where Im confused, I got like at least 2k more dps in almost all LFRetard bosses that I fought. Without KC.
    At a certain point of gear, KC hits harder than anything else and is priority. The people who say they get more damage from not using KC are either quite undergeared, didnt sim their new priority system of cutting out KC, and/or did 1 boss fight or boss dummy without KC and got a lucky streak. Use KC please hunters, there is nothing innovative by not doing so, i am sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I'm guessing the buff will last for a few seconds much like the Assassination Rogue 4 set bonus. The Rogue bonus gives every damaging ability against a target with Vendetta a mastery buff which stacks and last for 5 (if I'm not mistaken) seconds.
    Vendetta lasts 20 seconds, and the bonus stacks to 20. BW lasts 10 seconds, and the 4 pc states it stacks to 15. I'm still not really understanding it well. If it is indeed only possible to reach the 15 stacks by using back to back BW then I'm not so sure I like it. If it's some permanent buff or w/e then it's a pretty damn awesome set bonus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Vendetta lasts 20 seconds, and the bonus stacks to 20. BW lasts 10 seconds, and the 4 pc states it stacks to 15. I'm still not really understanding it well. If it is indeed only possible to reach the 15 stacks by using back to back BW then I'm not so sure I like it. If it's some permanent buff or w/e then it's a pretty damn awesome set bonus.
    What I meant was that the buff stays for a few seconds even after Vendetta ends. You aren't able to add more stacks, but you will get some more attacks out with the damage bonus.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone else react at the stats on the tier items? In the last raid of an expansion, we've come to expect very good itemization. The way it's looking right now, the tier items are stacked with non-agi socket bonuses, hit/expertise, and yellow/blue sockets.

Hopefully it's a work in progress.
    Last edited by Beace; 2013-06-13 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Did anyone else react at the stats on the tier items? In the last raid of an expansion, we've come to expect very good itemization. The way it's looking right now, the tier items are stacked with non-agi socket bonuses, hit/expertise, and yellow/blue sockets.

Hopefully it's a work in progress.
    It's literally just T15 scaled up to new ilvls for now as a placeholder. Expect all of it to change.