Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    It was only for Marks in Wrath and Cataclysm as well. It's only in MoP that other specs have had access to it.
    Yay for someone who knows!

I should really find something worthwhile to put here now...

30 focus arcane just feels really weird now and the BM bonus only lasts 2 seconds after bestial wrath. I'm not sure if the bonus applies to pets or not.
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2013-06-13 at 11:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    30 focus arcane just feels really weird now and the BM bonus only lasts 2 seconds after bestial wrath. I'm not sure if the bonus applies to pets or not.
    Ugh...
    Suddenly not even the 4 piece looks interesting anymore. I mean I'm sure it's a DPS increase and all but that doesn't look like something good players can actively manage for a bigger bonus.

Also, I know this is test realm and early, but a lot of our stats are gone. I went from 62k attack power to 51k somewhere. Checked all my buffs and gems. Just making note of this now.

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 12:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Ugh...
    Suddenly not even the 4 piece looks interesting anymore. I mean I'm sure it's a DPS increase and all but that doesn't look like something good players can actively manage for a bigger bonus.
    My thoughts on:

2 piece - we will most likely get 1 extra rapid fire a fight depending on length.

4 piece - For BM it's just a flat damage increase to bestial wrath. I don't really understand why they did this. We're most likely going to have to shift kill command to 4s and 10s of bestial wrath so we get the most damage out of it (if pets benefit from the bonus)? I'm not sure. This would be really annoying. Also, I do not think our pet gets the bonus so this is really like a 15x2% divided by 2. For survival, it seems bugged. I was continually gaining stacks of explosive shot and at one point somehow had 6 stacks. This one is actually pretty fun. It's there for when hunters are unlucky with the proc, but really it's just going to be an extra explosive shot per LnL.

Overall they feel really meh. Nothing fun like the shaman or rogue tier bonuses. I really hope these are just "petri dish" ideas because they're pretty boring and not that original. Oooo boy your bestial wrath does a little more damage for the hunter. Oooo you get an extra explosive shot per lock n load. Oooo you get -maybe- an extra rapid fire per boss. These feel like early tier bonuses, not last tier of expansion.
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2013-06-13 at 12:22 PM.

Also, I know this is test realm and early, but a lot of our stats are gone. I went from 62k attack power to 51k somewhere. Checked all my buffs and gems. Just making note of this now.

My thoughts on:

2 piece - we will most likely get 1 extra rapid fire a fight depending on length.

4 piece - For BM it's just a flat damage increase to bestial wrath. I don't really understand why they did this. We're most likely going to have to shift kill command to 4s and 10s of bestial wrath so we get the most damage out of it (if pets benefit from the bonus)? I'm not sure. This would be really annoying. Also, I do not think our pet gets the bonus so this is really like a 15x2% divided by 2. For survival, it seems bugged. I was continually gaining stacks of explosive shot and at one point somehow had 6 stacks. This one is actually pretty fun. It's there for when hunters are unlucky with the proc, but really it's just going to be an extra explosive shot per LnL.

Overall they feel really meh. Nothing fun like the shaman or rogue tier bonuses. I really hope these are just "petri dish" ideas because they're pretty boring and not that original. Oooo boy your bestial wrath does a little more damage for the hunter. Oooo you get an extra explosive shot per lock n load. Oooo you get -maybe- an extra rapid fire per boss. These feel like early tier bonuses, not last tier of expansion.
    Our pets should get the bonus from this just because it goes off all other dmg increases. I still think (once they test these bonuses and get positive feedback) they will be 100 times better than tier 15 guardian pet that attacks what ever and a blaned extra arrow attack. But we are hunters and the tier bonuses or the hunter class in general will get nerfed then band aid fixed then nerfed again.

My thoughts on:

I totally agree wiht the last bit. I personally think that Blizz made the best 4pc (and probably 2pc too now that I think about it) when they made T14 bonuses. The extra 6 secs on BM, 20% extra chance to proc lock and load from BA (iirc), and the extra haste to steady focus or whatever were very nice and streamlined bonuses for the most part. Blizz got it right with those bonuses and didn't have to come up with confusing/quirky ideas to boot. I think that now they are just out of ideas and throwing anything out there.

Glyph of No Escape

Quote Originally Posted by Anhi View Post
    Major Glyphs

- Glyph of No Escape Increases the ranged critical strike chance of all of your attacks on targets affected by your Freezing Trap by 20%. Major Glyph. 100%. Major Glyph.
    So could this change make this glyph actually usable for PVE? 100% Crit seems...nice.

Yay for arcane shot spam.

Quote Originally Posted by smawhorter View Post
    So could this change make this glyph actually usable for PVE? 100% Crit seems...nice.
    - Glyph of No Escape Increases the ranged critical strike chance of all of your attacks on targets affected by your Freezing Trap by 20%. Major Glyph. 100%. Major Glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by smawhorter View Post
    Learn your traps. Freezing Trap is the cube trap, not AoE slow.

Deleted
    Just a quick mentioning (not sure if someone has noticed it before) but Arcane Shot does now in fact reflect the live hotfix and now says:
    "An instant shot that does 165% weapon damage plus 3,805 as Arcane damage and applies the Hunter's Mark effect"

should be
    1.5 * 1.15 * (1.0*wdmg + 2306) = 1.5 * (1.15*wdmg + 2651) = 1.725*wdmg + 3976
    though

Like: Silencing shot swap with binding shot.

Dont like: mandatory arcane shot.

"Hey Blizz all hunters play the same."
    Blizz - "OK heres a huge buff to arcane shot."
    "Arcane shot is the reason why all specs play the same."

2pc should be changed to steady and cobra shot instead of arcane/multi. Then it would benefit all specs basically the same and not screw MM over.
    They should just buff the damage on all our shots (all of them) by 10% or something instead of bumping single shot up to screw with our rotations.
    Aimed shot needs to be buffed more than the others to make up for their stupid hotfix the other day.

Then they should redesign hunters for next exp so there is at least 1 spec that doesnt use pets, arcane shot is spec specific, remove stampede, give hunters a better CD(I would like a skull banner).

Honestly they could have literally just made the set bonuses this:

2 set - Your rapid fire cool down is reduced by 30 seconds.

4 set - Your lock and load gains 1 extra charge, your bestial wrath does 10% more damage, and reduces cast time of aimed shot by 50% when you use an instant aimed shot.

That's really all it is. These feel like beginning of expansion set bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by asdfsaf View Post
    should be
    1.5 * 1.15 * (1.0*wdmg + 2306) = 1.5 * (1.15*wdmg + 2651) = 1.725*wdmg + 3976
    though
    If it's a 50% increase in damage from the 110% arcane shot then that is 165%.

4 set - Your lock and load gains 1 extra charge, your bestial wrath does 10% more damage, and reduces cast time of aimed shot by 50% when you use an instant aimed shot.

1 minute on RF seems more where the set bonus would reduce it.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

The LnL charges don't seem to have a cap, so it's a lot more than just one extra charge.

I expect them to cap it though.

That would make it too obvious how shitty they are.

It does, it caps at 20 charges, and really anything past 10 you won't have a long enough LnL buff to use all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenhawk View Post
    It does, it caps at 20 charges, and really anything past 10 you won't have a long enough LnL buff to use all of them.
    I wonder if pooling them all would be beneficial on a fight like Nazgrim during the burn phase

Screwed around on the PTR for a bit testing out the set bonuses; completely uninspired as if the person(s) who came up with them had almost no clue on how Hunters play. Since Blizzard is married to buffing Arcane ("hai gaiz evry hnturr has arcane shot, foucuz change der!") then the next Tier should focus on it:

2pc: *should be centered around AS*

MM - Arcane now procs MMM buff
    SV - Arcane Shot reduces Black Arrow CD by 1sec per cast (5sec ICD)
    BM - Arcane Shot hits restore 5 focus to your pet.

4pc: *work off the 2pc buffs*

MM: After an Instant AiS, next hard cast AiS does 50% more damage. (no reduction on cast time)
    SV: Increase LnL charges to 4
    BM: KC causes the target to bleed for 20% of the damage dealt over 5 secs. (I'd like it to work off Basic Attack from pets instead of KC, but then KC would be ignored)

Just 5 mins spent on the porcelain throne thinking this up gave better ideas than the crap Blizzard is giving us. So sad.