Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezuma View Post
    just for the sake of argument sounds like a rly nice ideea to get the old legendaryes back but tbh i dont think i get to use my warglaives in a competitive raiding again or the fangs daggers altho i will pick them glaives any given day that look is sick

on a side note where the OP saw the buffs to the fangs cuz i missed that in the patch notes released so far
    Miscellaneous

Item - Shadow PvP 4P Bonus When your Vampiric Touch is dispelled, the dispeller and all nearby enemy targets within 6 yards are is instantly feared in horror for 3 sec.
    Item - Dragon Soul Legendary Daggers Your melee attacks have a chance to grant Suffering, increasing your Agility by 2 7, stacking up to 50 times.
    Item - Dragon Soul Legendary Daggers Your melee attacks have a chance to grant Nightmare, increasing your Agility by 5 17, stacking up to 50 times.
    Item - Dragon Soul Legendary Daggers Your melee attacks have a chance to grant Shadows of the Destroyer, increasing your Agility by 17 57, stacking up to 50 times. Each application past 30 grants an increasing chance to trigger Fury of the Destroyer, which immediately grants 5 combo points and causes your finishing moves to generate 5 combo points. Lasts 6 sec.

not sure if its on the offical notes, found it on mmos datamined

ic ic anyway if that goes live must be a reason for the buff we might aswell expect a return of the dagger , after all they are still related to Wrathion so atm even tho is only pure speculation i see no reason the buff them other than reuse in the upcomeing patch ( would be nice if they would fix the proc aswell to get to use it at 50 stacks or to use it when u want not to have the random proc when he wants , had so many wasted procs in DS is not even funny)

Scaling old legendaries to new content solves another "problem."

It allows people to wear old legendaries without explicitly allowing them to be transmogged.

Deleted
    if my memory serves me right the daggers got some kind of buff on a early MoP ptr or if it was mop beta or something, but then reverted back. and they need more then an agi buff to actully be strong again

Hold your horses, I'd have to guess that nothing significant is going to happen with the daggers and/or glaives or any legendary for that matter.

That being said, I want them to be transmoggable though. Even the daggers aren't that "unique" and "special", I like the looks.

Deleted
    I guess it would be a very lame excuse of Blizzard for messing up rogues the last few expansions.
    In Cata rogues were given those daggers to appease the rogue community. I hope they dont intend to try the same now again...
    Furthermore I dont want legendaries to come back. Sure, the daggers were not bad but nothing compared to Shadowmourne or the caster staff in Cata...

I would LOVE to see my Fangs of the father get some new life breathed into them; I would also LOVE if they changed the Slow Fall w/CD to a straight "Hey! I can fly!" dealio…!!!

Deleted
    Kind of ridiculous that anyone who missed the cata expansion would be at a disadvantage though, gona start farming the daggers but I doubt it's going to have any impact in the raiding department.

They did the same thing to Thor'idal a long time ago. Boosted it's damage in the PTR, people got to talking about the implications, the boosted damage went live, but there was nothing more than that.

They're probably just making sure the item still competes at the level it was intended for.

Quote Originally Posted by kindar View Post
    They did the same thing to Thor'idal a long time ago. Boosted it's damage in the PTR, people got to talking about the implications, the boosted damage went live, but there was nothing more than that.

They're probably just making sure the item still competes at the level it was intended for.
    as in to OP at lvl 85 twinks or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Kezuma View Post
    as in to OP at lvl 85 twinks or what?
    dude legendaries were as good as any HC weapon back then
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

15+ Year Old Account
    Why on earth would they allow legendaries to scale? Everybody who is even a little bit invested in his character already has sulfuras/tf/glaives/bow/shadowmourne/valanyr etc., you'd be handing out legendaries for free!

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    dude legendaries were as good as any HC weapon back then
    u havent read the post before that by the looks of it but to simplify for you , if that buff is only like it was with the Hunter bow just to boost the dps the jump from 17 agi
    to 57 and the daggers just dont scale or w/e and remain at 85 whoever is useing them as twinks are rly op cuz of the new buff , thats what i ment not that they daggers in cata were omg best legendary every made cuz they were actually quite bad compare with trololwrath staff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Why on earth would they allow legendaries to scale? Everybody who is even a little bit invested in his character already has sulfuras/tf/glaives/bow/shadowmourne/valanyr etc., you'd be handing out legendaries for free!
    got the daggers in cata , still farming BT every week for the offhand warglaive , damn thing just wont drop !
    all the same i'd like to see what comes of this but I think it will just be like what others have said , a buff for players @ lvl 85 to use them.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's interesting... because they recently hotfixed the DMF card "Blue Dragon" trinket so that healers wouldn't use it end-game. Now they might be scaling daggers for end-game rogues. I'm a little confused..
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiknee View Post
    That's interesting... because they recently hotfixed the DMF card "Blue Dragon" trinket so that healers wouldn't use it end-game. Now they might be scaling daggers for end-game rogues. I'm a little confused..
    well since we are the only class using agi daggers why not i wouldn't mind its a better solution then just design new daggers from scratch.
    also lets be honest here how hard is it to get the daggers on lvl 90 ? get a group going 25man heroic 1 shot everything and your done in a month
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    with all the scaling i think that they are doing this so that we can spend jp/vp to upgrade the lvl of an item aka from what ever lvl to our current lvl.
    That would be terrible, especially if it applied to legendaries...

Basically, legendaries would be absolutely required for raiding.

I think people are missing one of the main reasons why it would make sense if we got them again; Wrathion consistently refers us (rogues) during the MoP legendary quest chain as the original owners of the Fangs of the Father.

People are bringing up points saying that "it'd be unfair for people who have to grind through Dragon Soul to get them", well let me ask you this, why would we need to grind through Dragon Soul for the daggers when he already refers us to the original owners of them? Sure, you may have not experienced the Cata legendary quest chain first hand, but Wrathion is under the belief that you were the wielder of the legendary blades. For all we know, lorewise, he could be holding onto the daggers until he believes we need to wield their limitless power again, it would make perfect sense if we got them next patch, I hope people can see where I'm coming from.

Why did noone mention the two only relevant words for this topic? kael'thas and tempest keep

They will not be serious contenders but the stacks will give you up to 2850 agility, which is 14% agility for someone like me (ilevel 527).

So for Assassination the dps return will be reasonable, especially when they proc, because 5 Envenoms in a row is very strong. They also proc and stack up with FOK, so are very strong on multi target fights, like Windlord, Tortos and Lei Shen.

I am not suggesting they are serious contenders with heroic daggers, but they will be less unviable.

I will be using these in LFR for sure