Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Build 17093 Rogue Changes

<File Not Found>

Better than being on the buff/nerf rollercoaster I guess.

Am I the only other Rogue who LIT UP when I saw Riposte in the patch notes, only to see it going to tanks instead of us?
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

I was pretty hot about that too. They might not have space in the game for Riposte for rogues right now, but they need to hold the name instead of making it some dumb tank passive.

What were you expecting when you saw Riposte? We already have dismantle for all rogues. Not just combat anymore. Having a RNG disarm on top of a class build-in disarm is not fun at all if you're on the receiving end of that.

Being on the receiving end of well, nothing kinda sucks too. I know there are changes coming( nothing major according to Blizz), but as usual I see changes, scroll down and look twice expecting to see Rogue in yellow font but it goes straight from Priest to Shaman....

Every patch is like this they will have 2-3 patches where they do something for rogues then nothing for long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudebanger View Post
    What were you expecting when you saw Riposte? We already have dismantle for all rogues. Not just combat anymore. Having a RNG disarm on top of a class build-in disarm is not fun at all if you're on the receiving end of that.
    It wasn't a disarm anymore in Wrath of the Lich King. Instead, it hit way harder than your other combo point builders, cost less energy, and reduced attack speed by 20%. It would have been a good slot for a level 30 talent.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they don't fix Combat it'll be fun seeing past blue post about nerfing Blade Flurry because Rogues were forced to be Combat for 2 fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Linneth View Post
    If they don't fix Combat it'll be fun seeing past blue post about nerfing Blade Flurry because Rogues were forced to be Combat for 2 fights.
    Lol I chuckled at this. So true.

Topic: I'd be more than pleased with a damn redirect fix. On character and get rid of the damn thing. Or let it transfer Vendetta for God sakes. Nevertheless, I want to see some spec diversity. It would be nice if they fixed Combat, made it feel different AND perform on par with Assassination. This way I can actually get an OS piece of loot Ill actually use. Or have fun swapping combat to assassination with the other Rogue in the core roster.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

Deleted
    Combo points on ourselves - Definitely. We are the original combo point class and we still have this sloppy "redirect" feature on a skill with a long cooldown? It will be very dissapointing if we still work this way in the next xpac.

As for vendetta I'm ok with it being on target. It's the whole point of the skill - you have a vendetta with someone (flavor is important sometimes!).

Rogues feel more useful in raids more than ever tbh, even with the loss of the OP cleaves of 5.0. I'm ok with being like this till the end of 5.5

10+ Year Old Account
    Combo points on self will most likely NOT make it this expansion, if ever. Redirect MIGHT be made a 45 second cooldown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Haha I had a little start when I read "Riposte" as well. But yeah, another patch another lack of Rogue changes.

To be fair though, Rogues are still in a pretty good place. Short of maybe diversifying the specs a bit more, which I'd say should be looked at next expansion rather than in a patch.

P.S. Screw Riposte I want Ghostly Strike back!

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 06:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Combo points on self will most likely NOT make it this expansion, if ever.
    Yeah no Rogue likes it but the devs insist it's an intrinsic part of being a Rogue and they don't want too much homogeneity. Don't see them changing their minds any time soon. Pity because it's a crap design.

Similar issue with Backstab, ShD and every other ability in the game that requires you being behind targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    To be fair though, Rogues are still in a pretty good place. Short of maybe diversifying the specs a bit more, which I'd say should be looked at next expansion rather than in a patch.
    Um, not really. Assassination is in a pretty good place. If only 1/3 of something is good, it is a bit of a stretch to say that the whole is good. Combat needs some major attention this patch since they only made it passable with a giant bandaid last time (the gcd reduction on the 4pc).

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Um, not really. Assassination is in a pretty good place. If only 1/3 of something is good, it is a bit of a stretch to say that the whole is good. Combat needs some major attention this patch since they only made it passable with a giant bandaid last time (the gcd reduction on the 4pc).
    this, 1 viable spec out of 3 = broken class not good class, combat is a mindless spamfest, subt is subpar dmg for a lot of effort...

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    mostlikey gonna get a other 5% ap buff if anything. that or make Evis hit harder baseline. it pretty weak damage outside of a trinket proc..... sub 200k crits and sub 80k hits with my current gear.... yeah diff not broken. That and our ramp up 30% buff isn't cuting it anymore. they need to put that into talents or buff to something like 15% to 30% to 45 or 50%.

And rupture scaling. Oh my god why does it only crit for 30k with pot bad juju/soul charm heroic+30% dmg buff.....i mean really. combat is my fav spec and i wanna play but my god is it awful

If anything make rupture scale with haste that would be amazing.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 08:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    this, 1 viable spec out of 3 = broken class not good class, combat is a mindless spamfest, subt is subpar dmg for a lot of effort...

With how four set works. Sub might be viable since you can pretty much have 80-100% uptime on FW. That will be a HUGE dps gain for sub. 100% armor pen, yes please. have to see how it plays out in ptr tho.
    Last edited by Enhshamanlol; 2013-06-20 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    mostlikey gonna get a other 5% ap buff if anything. that or make Evis hit harder baseline. it pretty weak damage outside of a trinket proc..... sub 200k crits and sub 80k hits with my current gear.... yeah diff not broken. That and our ramp up 30% buff isn't cuting it anymore. they need to put that into talents or buff to something like 15% to 30% to 45 or 50%.

And rupture scaling. Oh my god why does it only crit for 30k with pot bad juju/soul charm heroic+30% dmg buff.....i mean really. combat is my fav spec and i wanna play but my god is it awful

If anything make rupture scale with haste that would be amazing.
    Wouldn't be suprised if the only buff to combat was a buff to vitality, seen that hundred of times already coz blizz is too lazy to redesign combat...
    about rupture, it should scale with haste and work with snapshot mode like other dots

well i guess we wont see anything impactfull maybe some visual changes or something
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Am I the only other Rogue who LIT UP when I saw Riposte in the patch notes, only to see it going to tanks instead of us?
    Bring back ghostly strike?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah no Rogue likes it but the devs insist it's an intrinsic part of being a Rogue and they don't want too much homogeneity. Don't see them changing their minds any time soon. Pity because it's a crap design.

Similar issue with Backstab, ShD and every other ability in the game that requires you being behind targets.
    Sweeping generalizations are a bad thing. I like combo points being target-based and positional attacks, they're worth a lot of flavor to the class and they can be implemented well, we just aren't quite there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Wouldn't be suprised if the only buff to combat was a buff to vitality, seen that hundred of times already coz blizz is too lazy to redesign combat...
    about rupture, it should scale with haste and work with snapshot mode like other dots
    I fucking knew it didn't snapshot. thanks. Been buging me for awhile

If we're going to keep combo points remaining on target, then combo point generation needs to be changed in my opinion. It would be quite nice if we could perform an interesting combo of attacks to reach different goals. Or perhaps increase the rate at which you generate combo points based on whether you're getting the combo correct.

This would probably raise the skill cap way too high for Blizzard's liking though, so I'm stuck for ideas.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh