Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Buff to legendary daggers

I saw this at the 5.4 patchnotes:

Item - Dragon Soul Legendary Daggers Your melee attacks have a chance to grant Suffering, increasing your Agility by 2 7, stacking up to 50 times.
    Item - Dragon Soul Legendary Daggers Your melee attacks have a chance to grant Nightmare, increasing your Agility by 5 17, stacking up to 50 times.
    Item - Dragon Soul Legendary Daggers Your melee attacks have a chance to grant Shadows of the Destroyer, increasing your Agility by 17 57, stacking up to 50 times. Each application past 30 grants an increasing chance to trigger Fury of the Destroyer, which immediately grants 5 combo points and causes your finishing moves to generate 5 combo points. Lasts 6 sec.

The proc results into a 2850 agility from 850.

What do you think, legendary daggers will be the new legendary item for rogues in 5.4?
    /Speculation mode on

More likely tooltip change, doubt that they would make all rogues go back and farm DS.

I don't get it, can someone confirm that it is in fact a tooltip change or not?

I'm highly confused about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    I don't get it, can someone confirm that it is in fact a tooltip change or not?

I'm highly confused about this.
    Honestly, would it be anything else?

Well I know its a huge longshot

But GC & bashiok have both noted multiple times there isn't just one new feature in 5.4. We all know that. Flex was probably the biggest.

But one of the others might be all the original rumors about scaling levels.

With that we may see the legendary items played into this from the past. Again, its a longshot I know, but I wouldn't put it past blizzard. In the 5.2 interview GC exclusively noted the hint about the new feature in 5.4 (which is now feature"s")

And with that we very well could see people scaling down to 85/80/70/60 to get these legendaries. Because we may need them to defeat garrosh so wrathion presumes.

For example rogues with the daggers/glaives (daggers will probably just be better overall)

Perhaps monks/dks/warr/rogues will need to get the glaives

Val'anyr for the healers

Dragonwrath for the ranged caster dps.

The bow from sunwell.

I mean...I honestly would not put it past blizzard

Honestly though, can you see a tooltip fix that large? I don't remember the legendary daggers granting that much of a buff.

The only thing I can think of is buffing them so they are BiS for 85 twinks instead of some random blue daggers

Deleted
    It is not a tooltip change. It might be related to some game-changing feature like scalable items, but for now it's nothing more than a slight buff to 'new' 90 rogues that alreadt have those daggers - they wont be replaced by 450 blue weapons but will probably last until 476/489.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryaan View Post
    It is not a tooltip change. It might be related to some game-changing feature like scalable items, but for now it's nothing more than a slight buff to 'new' 90 rogues that alreadt have those daggers - they wont be replaced by 450 blue weapons but will probably last until 476/489.
    Just how legendaries should be.

They actually still produce solid dps
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Deleted
    Must be a Good Reason why they are doing this and i dont believe its for the Fact so that fresh 90 can use them a bit longer.. doesnt make much sense so far into the Expansion already

I'm willing to bet there's some tie in between the Dragon Soul dagger Agility buff and whatever bonus we get from Wrathion's 5.4 quest line. Maybe a weapon enchant that infuses the power of old legendaries?

There's a LOT of random number changing going on in this patch.

But even if it does intend this, chances are it's just to keep the legendaries in line with the Mists Green/Blue weapons foro level 85 characters that don't have Mists.

The weapon damage alone would not make them ever worth using at 90.

Tied with item scaling. Look at some of the item strings ... MoP-level gems that give +16 to a stat.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

with all the scaling i think that they are doing this so that we can spend jp/vp to upgrade the lvl of an item aka from what ever lvl to our current lvl.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    with all the scaling i think that they are doing this so that we can spend jp/vp to upgrade the lvl of an item aka from what ever lvl to our current lvl.
    That would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    i wouldnt say that. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10440&e=10694 I used them this entire attempt. the other rogues barely edged me out(one with dual 530 maegaras and the other with a 530 maegara and a 504 spiritsever)
    weapon damage isn't that big of a deal.

10+ Year Old Account

But even if it does intend this, chances are it's just to keep the legendaries in line with the Mists Green/Blue weapons foro level 85 characters that don't have Mists.

Tell that to the old rank-1 rogue for Wind-lord in T14 - or the poster above me. It's definitely lacking, but the end-proc is MUCH MUCH better now than it ever was at 85. I'm not saying it'd see consistent use, but they'd give other weapons a run, especially dependent on fight mechanics - in AoE, Env-CTx5 is a lot stronger than 2 FoKs (at around the same cost - admittedly the CT is mostly just another FoK, but it's practically free!).

It's a fair point that if it's not a datamining error, they needed a buff to hold up at 85 - they weren't THAT far ahead in the first place (Q_Q), and against 450 blues atm they're dead in the water.

PTR item scaling!

Maybe they're going to be some sort of "bonus" to rogues who played DS and all of MoP, like - "hey, I can give you new legendary daggers or I can upgrade your old ones to 600 ilvl". It would be a nice 'nod' or 'reassurance' that Blizzard cares about people who play for a long time. Maybe they could do the same for glaives, Thoridal etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    That would be awesome.
    No. Not at all. Former expansions' items being optimal can be funny when it's anecdoctal at most, but having legendary daggers being is not. Giving an edge to those who grinded during DS is absolutely terrible for all those who didn't played their rogues during DS - or for those like me, who got several rogues and whose current main barely have 397s.

a legendary gem from wrathion to upgrade a legendary weapon?