Page 1 of 67
... LastLast

Mage 5.4 Discussion

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Item - Mage T16 2P Bonus (New) Arcane Missiles causes your next Arcane Blast within 10 sec to cost 25% less mana, stacking up to 4 times. Consuming Brain Freeze grants 1 charge of Fingers of Frost. Consuming Pyroblast! increases your haste by 750 for 4 sec, stacking up to 5 times.

Item - Mage T16 4P Bonus (New) Arcane Missiles has a 20% chance to not consume Arcane Missiles!. Consuming Brain Freeze has a 75% chance to drop an icy boulder on your target. Fireball and Pyroblast have a 10% chance to cause Inferno Blast to have no cooldown for 6 sec.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...TR-Build-17056

Looks like some interesting set bonuses for once.

________

PTR notes June 20:

Talents

Frost Bomb now deals 70% damage to players (up from 60%).
    Living Bomb now deals 85% damage to players (up from 70%).
    Nether Tempest now deals 85% damage to players (up from 70%).
    Temporal Shield now also reduces damage taken by 15% while active in addition to existing effects.

Glyphs

Glyph of Blink now increases distance travelled with the Blink spell by 8 yards (up from 5 yards).
    Glyph of Remove Curse now increases the damage dealt by 15% after successfully removing a curse (up from 10%).
    Glyph of Spellsteal now heals the Mage for 5% of their maximum health after successfully stealing a spell (up from 3%).

Frost

Mastery: Frostburn has been redesigned. Fingers of Frost now increases the damage of Ice Lance by an additional 2%, Brain Freeze increases the damage of the instant cast Frostfire Bolt by 2%, and damage done by the Mage's Water Elemental is increased by 2%.
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2013-06-20 at 11:56 PM.

Fire 4pc is very, very weak. Blizzard doesn't seem to understand that we bank HU + HS and our reliance on Inferno Blast is lessening. At 546 ilvl I hardly even need it at all.

It needs a complete rework. Let's not let it go live like this.

Yea what I'm seeing here is that arcane got some of the best so far next is frost since it will give them more sustained dps. the T16 4p is great For arcane and Seems helpful for fire in some times and for Forst it will depend on how much the Boulder hits for

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Fire 4pc is very, very weak. Blizzard doesn't seem to understand that we bank HU + HS and our reliance on Inferno Blast is lessening. At 546 ilvl I hardly even need it at all.

Man i agree i was so dissapointed when i saw my bonuses but heard how everyone else in mumble was excited about theirs lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nique View Post
    Man i agree i was so dissapointed when i saw my bonuses but heard how everyone else in mumble was excited about theirs lol.
    Yep, the fire set bonus gets worse as gear gets better, if they don't adjust CM then it's absolute crap.

If the fire 4p stays to live, I probably won't use all 4 tier pieces unless they just happen to be optimized perfectly in the first place. The two piece doesn't really strike me as very interesting either, given fire's interaction with haste. Frost 2 and 4 pieces bonuses seem pretty interesting, depending on the damage coefficient on the boulder.

Clearly it's just a release build, but we seem to have way less changes than other classes on the first batch.

Tweeting GC now about it. Let's get it changed.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post

Yea, now that I think about it, fires 4pc seems pretty weak. Maybe they just want a mediocre set bonus for fire instead of having to nerf CM again but meh, this seems like the wrong way to go about it.

On a side note, it looks like frost will just continue to be even more reliant on haste instead of less because both set bonuses deal with Brain Freeze procs which scale with haste. Oh joy, this will be one clunky mess.

Conjure Mana Gem Conjures a Mana Gem that can be used to instantly restore 165 360,000 mana, and holds up to 3 charges. Conjured Items Conjured items disappear if logged out for more than 15 minutes. 18% of Base Mana. 3 sec cast.

YEE, 360k MANA!
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

who has that much mana any way?

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Conjure Mana Gem Conjures a Mana Gem that can be used to instantly restore 165 360,000 mana, and holds up to 3 charges. Conjured Items Conjured items disappear if logged out for more than 15 minutes. 18% of Base Mana. 3 sec cast.

YEE, 360k MANA!
    Yeaaaaa I'd bet that that's just a fail in data mining, though that would be pretty awesome.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=243&e=423

I only needed to use Inferno Blast 8 times in a 3 minute Jinrohk tonight (#3 Mage rank, 546 ilvl helps). The bonus wouldn't have done anything at all for me. It needs complete rework. Just tweeted GC about it.

Does "No CD Inferno Blast for 6 seconds" mean you can just cast three of them and have HS + HU ready to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Themageflamil View Post
    who has that much mana any way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylol View Post
    Yeaaaaa I'd bet that that's just a fail in data mining, though that would be pretty awesome.
    Yeah I know, just laughing at the datamines
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Does "No CD Inferno Blast for 6 seconds" mean you can just cast three of them and have HS + HU ready to go?
    You could, but Inferno hits for like a wet noodle and has poor scaling. It might be good very low ilvls, and maybe that's what they're going for. Blizz has been using set bonuses to fix class problems (like T15 4pc was meant to prop up our crit to offset the CM nerf)

If you guys are sad about that 4pc you're really going to to be sad when they nerf fire again to keep it in check...........

<Stage Clear> 14/14H Always Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I'd assume so, but for a 4P, that's REALLY weak.

"Consuming Brain Freeze has a 75% chance to drop an icy boulder on your target." Makes me wanna go back to frost even more

Probably the most usless 4P that has been made for fire so far. I will feel ashamed of playing a mage if that thing goes live....

Quote Originally Posted by klausito View Post
    Probably the most usless 4P that has been made for fire so far. I will feel ashamed of playing a mage if that thing goes live....
    Don't worry! It's coupled with another CM nerf, so Fire will be unviable anyways!