Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Single-Target KSp – 5.4 PTR

Yep.

Killing Spree Step through the shadows from enemy to to an enemy within 10 yards, attacking an enemy it every 0.5 sec with both weapons until 7 assaults are made, and increasing all damage done by 50% for the duration. Can hit the same target multiple times. Cannot hit invisible or stealthed targets. Blade Flurry Effect: Killing Spree will teleport to and damage a nearby enemy target every 0.5 sec instead of focusing on your primary target. Requires Melee Weapon. Rogue - Combat Spec. 10 yd range. Instant. 2 min cooldown.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-06-12 at 02:31 AM.

Deleted
    Huuuge up in PvP, and useful for a few situations in PvE. They nicely changed it with the modified effect when Blade Flurry is active.

It doesn't solve anything about the common complaints about KSpree killing you when badly used though - and, in my opinion, it's a good thing.

This makes me so happy you have no idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Dryaan View Post
    Huuuge up in PvP
    Single target KS + Shadow Blades and trinkets/procs = free HK, especially if the target is under a 9s Kidney due to Revealing Strike.

Blizzard once again, buffing PvP burst through the roof.

If combat becomes popular do to this in pvp I'd said the cc immunity will likely be removed from killing spree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Single target KS + Shadow Blades and trinkets/procs = free HK, especially if the target is under a 9s Kidney due to Revealing Strike.
    8s, before someone starts a conversation about it - the PvP CC cap.

I'm also wondering about this with the T16 4p bonus - fights would certainly get, uh, "interesting" with KS landing harder each tick on top of the damage it does already and not worrying about target hopping.

Mechanically, though, it's about damn time. I can't think of an occasion you actually wanted to switch between targets for KS, unless you were using blade flurry and wanted EVERY OUNCE of extra damage (specifically, poisoning each enemy, potentially) - and even then it was iffy, because the second target might not have all debuffs. Sticking to one is a really, really big QoL change and a minor DPS increase in some situations for PvE.

All I have to say about this is: FINALLY!

Quote Originally Posted by Dryaan View Post
    Huuuge up in PvP, and useful for a few situations in PvE. They nicely changed it with the modified effect when Blade Flurry is active.

It doesn't solve anything about the common complaints about KSpree killing you when badly used though - and, in my opinion, it's a good thing.
    when you use it badly its not a problem its going to kill you. but using it safly on a boss and then a add comes and teleports you to a bad place is. looks fine now imo

10+ Year Old Account
    What a joke. I have no idea why they're trying to push Combat into pvp. They should focus on fixing Sub the real rogue pvp spec instead of trash mashing specs like Combat.

Tbh this is also huge for PVE in multi target fights....

also:
    Draw upon the surrounding shadows to empower your weapons, causing your autoattacks to deal pure Shadow damage and your combo-point-generating abilities to generate an additional combo point when used. Lasts sec.
    so shadow blades does not work with killing spree and has never worked

Combining Shadow Blades with Killing Spree instead of Adrenaline Rush just seems like a waste to me... Not sure how the two provide any synergy in any way...

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    All I have to say about this is: FINALLY!
    Basically what i wanted to say.

Now KS will be less of a "i'll port you randomly in the fire so you're going to die" cooldown.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Basically what i wanted to say.

Now KS will be less of a "i'll port you randomly in the fire so you're going to die" cooldown.
    yes but still have to watch for certain skills ^^ it's not like we get immune to raid mechanics ^^ i'd still like to see some kind of invulnerability which only works in pve after KS for like 1-2 seconds of course it should not trigger any kind of raidmechanics like wind bombs that would be so frigging awesome i would roll for combat it this happens ^^
    Last edited by Koji2k11; 2013-06-12 at 12:04 PM.
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

15+ Year Old Account
    Give it another eight months and they'll carbon copy the "intelligent teleport" part of my suggestion.

Killing Spree -Reworked-

Functions as a Single-target nuke if Blade Flurry is off.
    Functions as a Muti-target nuke if Blade Flurry is on.
    While on Single-target mode, you'll step through the shadows if your current target is more than 5 yards away.
    While on Multi-target mode, it'll first attack your current target and then dance through the others. If there's no target selected, it'll choose the target nearest to you.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post18965378

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    What a joke. I have no idea why they're trying to push Combat into pvp. They should focus on fixing Sub the real rogue pvp spec instead of trash mashing specs like Combat.
    I don't know. Maybe they should also make rogue a pve class and focus on making other classes pvp classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's about time. Now I can finally play Combat in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious this is a change that's been waiting to happen, and not an attempt to push combat into pvp. It's been talked about for PvE for years.

Linneth - would be nice, and possibly your post helped lead to the actual change we're seeing now? They don't credit their influences, of course, but it can't hurt to have put the idea out there.

It's definitely been a needed change on both sides of the rogue world, PvE and PvP. However I have the feeling that it will get nerfed into the ground in a hotfix shortly after it goes live, if it goes live like it's written.

I can see the massive complaints coming from PvP players that "Omg rogue burst is to powerful again, I'm getting globaled with no way out" Almost instantly it will get nerfed into the ground, and we'll be back to being sad.

PvP Rogues will just revealing strike, kidney, sb and ar and just unload on a single target.

I agree that it would need some form of raid mechanic fix though. With most PvE rogues luck, you'd pop it and end up in a windbomb or right in front of a bosses cleave at the wrong time and die instantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimbleflick View Post
    I agree that it would need some form of raid mechanic fix though. With most PvE rogues luck, you'd pop it and end up in a windbomb or right in front of a bosses cleave at the wrong time and die instantly.
    This is already how it functions. If they could just shift us back from the "center" of the boss a few yards, or make the abilities originate from the front of the center rather than somewhere else in the character model... eating frontal cleaves from the back makes a sad rogue.

I can understand the logic in needing to hold off on KS if the boss is standing on a fire, but if the boss is breathing fire, jumping on his back should be perfectly safe, not a death sentence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prey on the Weak + T16 4pc + Killing Spree = dead target.