Thread: 5.4 Changes

Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    i really love this new slam crits up to 750k with crappy 535 weap vs Boss Dummy ....

Quote Originally Posted by Girana View Post
    i really love this new slam crits up to 750k with crappy 535 weap vs Boss Dummy ....
    Yes, but now it seems that slam is very superior to overpower and heroic strike... this is just making me sad!

Deleted
    This is what I am aiming for, kill garosh take 2h heirloom and go destroy the world ;s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Yes, but now it seems that slam is very superior to overpower and heroic strike... this is just making me sad!
    This is the main problem now. There's no reason to use Overpower. They need to remove the Rage cost from Overpower or make it miniscule if they're going to keep the Slam buff

I hate Slam. They should've never buffed it in the first place. All they should've done was just buff Seasoned Soldier by 5-10% and make Colossus Smash ignore 60% armor on player targets. Arms Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    This is the main problem now. There's no reason to use Overpower. They need to remove the Rage cost from Overpower or make it miniscule if they're going to keep the Slam buff

I hate Slam. They should've never buffed it in the first place. All they should've done was just buff Seasoned Soldier by 5-10% and make Colossus Smash ignore 60% armor on player targets. Arms Fixed.
    I agree with you, but then find weakness for sub rogues needs to be adjusted as well, i well indeed hate slam very much and the attack animation just doesn't seem "slamish" they shoulda just removed a long time ago.

Deleted
    you should use OP while you got Sudden Execute Buff ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    I agree with you, but then find weakness for sub rogues needs to be adjusted as well, i well indeed hate slam very much and the attack animation just doesn't seem "slamish" they shoulda just removed a long time ago.
    Don't worry about Rogues. They've already received across the board buffs to all specs. Never seen that shit before.

Besides, Sub has more control and utility than Warriors. It would be better for Warriors to have more damage over Rogues. Prior to the Rogue buffs I would've agreed with you but I can't anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

you should use OP while you got Sudden Execute Buff ;P
    The only time I'm going to use OP is when I have Die By The Sword up. Probably the only idiot who uses that Glyph.

I'm just exaggerating though. I'll use Overpower but its basically going to swap "roles" with Slam. Before 5.4 I would just use MS on cool down and spam overpower while using Slam only if everything was on cool down. It was basically just a filler button that was only used during Reck/Avatar phase. I know this isn't optimal in pve, but in pvp it was definately the best way to go about things. Slam wasted too many gcds that could've been used on Hamstring or any other utility ability. The only reason they took hamstring off the GCD is because they're buffing Slam to make it less of a burden to use it in pvp.

Now with 5.4 ptr I'm hardly using Overpower. I actually feel more "gcd" locked because of the high cost in rage of Slam. I've been abusing Bull Rush glyph and even Berserker Stance/Defensive Stance swapping if I get caught into a fight where two people are attacking me. It's kinda frustrating but the damage is out of control.

Idk wait and see I guess. Hopefully they make Overpower something that I want to hit. Feels good with that .5 gcd time. Fuck Slam and its slow ass 1.5 gcd timer.

Idk wait and see I guess. Hopefully they make Overpower something that I want to hit. Feels good with that .5 gcd time. Fuck Slam and its slow ass 1.5 gcd timer.
    Just a quick correction, its 1.0 gcd actually, not .5 gcd.

But yeah that is actually one of my main reasons why i hate slam, and the fact that the rage cost has an insane rage cost (especially when we are forced to stay defensive stance), even in pve i actually find rage to be a HUGE problem and the fact that now cleave and heroic strike and overpower are just 100% WORTHLESS (well, maybe overpower as some uses).

Overpower does hit like a WET noodle (err crit), i wish overpower was just as useful as it was back in wotlk and cata, but now its a wet noodle ability with a rage cost of 10, sounds like nothing but the fact that we have expensive stuff to use (execute/slam/sweeping strikes) just isn't worth using at all. Even with the additional effects to overpower (.5 reduce cd on MS per cast) just doesn't help that much any more, we need less 1.5 gcds if we want to pull something off or we need better rage regen, i am always RAGE STARVED!!
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2013-08-14 at 08:58 PM.

Deleted
    Got some rage problem in pve? go get t16 2p, reforge for mastery and some crit around 30% and non stop CS guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sankaba View Post
    Got some rage problem in pve? go get t16 2p, reforge for mastery and some crit around 30% and non stop CS guaranteed.
    I actually had the 2 piece set, 5 rage during CS isn't going to help much, though it is a thought i might consider.

But in a PVP POV, idk how rage is going to get around.

Having played around a bit on the ptr with arms I actually really thought that it couldn't be worse but I was wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Having played around a bit on the ptr with arms I actually really thought that it couldn't be worse but I was wrong.
    pve or pvp ?

@ pve arms feel a bit op imom

pve or pvp ?

You serious right? i am pretty sure that an arms warrior cannot go from DEAD LAST to being the top dog (or at least in the middle of the pack) in one buff...

Deleted
    Rage cost is just too damn high for Arms shitty rage generation, both PvE and PvP. If they now reduce OP to take 5 rage that could sort it a bit but atm its pretty bad in PvP, you decide between OK burst and OK sustained. Almost all other classes have OK sustained while they prepare for OK burst, we dont. They seem to want us stancedance, but thats not really an option when you cant switch back to defensive while CCd.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agartha View Post
    Slam is now fucking usable by fury why is no one talking about this
    Becuase it´t not
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

pve or pvp ?

pve. Probably the most boring shit I have ever witnessed. Damage wise I don't know gear is scaled down and testing was very short.

God I hate Arms. If I'm forced to go Arms for 5.4, I will cut a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    As long as i don't have to spend the entire tier waiting for two two-handers to drop i will be happy as fuck.

I'm with you. F Arms.

Yep, agreed, unless they make slam hit like a FRIEGHT TRAIN ( i am talking 500% weapon dmg), but with pvp in the way it will never happen so hence, i hate arms, such a boring rotation.