Thread: 5.4 Changes

Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by helic View Post
    Are warriors getting anything to help them in PvP arenas this patch? I know a lot of the cloth classes are losing that 15% damage mitigation that they got passively for no reason, but id like to know if I can play my alt in arenas without people passing me up for all the other classes just because they are much better.

60 second BS, 5% more healing on IV.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    60 second BS, 5% more healing on IV.
    As someone who doesn't warrior a lot but likes it as an alt, s BS blade storm? I dont think that helps out much in pvp that it has a lower cd does it? I didnt think anyone took that in arenas. More healing on IV does that mean the 4th talent line? I have no idea what that means.

Got it, IV is Impending Victory? I dont think they take that in arenas either?
    Last edited by helic; 2013-06-20 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by helic View Post
    As someone who doesn't warrior a lot but likes it as an alt, s BS blade storm? I dont think that helps out much in pvp that it has a lower cd does it? I didnt think anyone took that in arenas. More healing on IV does that mean the 4th talent line? I have no idea what that means.

Got it, IV is Impending Victory? I dont think they take that in arenas either?
    Some people take bladestorm because beside the damage it gives you the immunity to movement impairing and loss of control effects. When you find yourself sitting in roots or cc 80% of the fight bladestorm becomes more useful The 1 min cd may make it more attractive for pve as well but I'm not good at maths.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=46924/bladestorm

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye I was only listing the things off the top of my head that I thought might hvae so bearing on PVP, not that they would necessarilly.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    I have to admit those changes in the new build are quite exciting.
    I find them a little underwhelming, but I'm a PVE Fury warrior, which means so far this patch isn't really changing anything for me, except the option to use polearms and staves, which I don't imagine I'll really take advantage of because I find SMF more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by VerasGunn View Post
    I find them a little underwhelming, but I'm a PVE Fury warrior, which means so far this patch isn't really changing anything for me, except the option to use polearms and staves, which I don't imagine I'll really take advantage of because I find SMF more enjoyable.
    Wasn't really meant to be serious. The 3k meaningless changes to iv are anything but interesting. Fuck yeah 5% more health. Stupid riposte to band-aid fix shitty tank dps.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Wasn't really meant to be serious. The 3k meaningless changes to iv are anything but interesting. Fuck yeah 5% more health. Stupid riposte to band-aid fix shitty tank dps.
    I wouldn't exactly call it a band-aid fix. It opens up a completely new option for warrior stats. We are the only tank stuck in the bloody stone-age of dodge-parry-mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I know is that we need to learn how to QQ from the locks. They literally talked the devs out of a justified nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Twansition View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call it a band-aid fix. It opens up a completely new option for warrior stats. We are the only tank stuck in the bloody stone-age of dodge-parry-mastery.
    Well dks get the same treatment so I feel the term is not that far off.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    They literally talked the devs out of a justified nerf.
    Yes that's pretty hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I know is that we need to learn how to QQ from the locks. They literally talked the devs out of a justified nerf.

What nerf was that? I don't really follow WoW news.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    What nerf was that? I don't really follow WoW news.
    KJC, what allowed locks to cast and move.

Deleted
    From wowhead:

- Blood and Thunder now also increases the damage of Thunder Clap by 50%. (Arms, Protection)
    - Shield Wall no longer requires a shield. If the Warrior does not have a shield equipped, it will show a visual of an equipped shield. (Fury, Arms, Protection)
    - Spell Reflection no longer requires a shield. If the Warrior does not have a shield equipped, it will show a visual of an equipped shield. (Fury, Arms, Protection)
    - Hamstring is no longer on a global cooldown. (Fury, Arms)
    - Seasoned Soldier now also reduces the cost of Thunder Clap by 10 Rage. (Arms)
    - Sweeping Strikes now causes melee attacks to strike an additional nearby target for 75% of the initial damage (up from 50%). (Arms)

EDIT: http://www.wowhead.com/news=215350/5...ated-june-20th

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yiris View Post
    from wowhead:

- blood and thunder now also increases the damage of thunder clap by 50%. (arms, protection)
    - shield wall no longer requires a shield. If the warrior does not have a shield equipped, it will show a visual of an equipped shield. (fury, arms, protection)
    - spell reflection no longer requires a shield. If the warrior does not have a shield equipped, it will show a visual of an equipped shield. (fury, arms, protection)

- hamstring is no longer on a global cooldown. (fury, arms)
    - seasoned soldier now also reduces the cost of thunder clap by 10 rage. (arms)
    - sweeping strikes now causes melee attacks to strike an additional nearby target for 75% of the initial damage (up from 50%). (arms)

edit: http://www.wowhead.com/news=215350/5...ated-june-20th
    amazingggggg

It's about darn time.

Deleted
    I like the shield wall change.

Where do you see that? I haven't seen anything about the KJC nerf being reverted and they're still bitching about the nerf over on the lock forum too...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Where do you see that? I haven't seen anything about the KJC nerf being reverted and they're still bitching about the nerf over on the lock forum too...
    There are now a few spells that can be cast while moving, and no movement slow is applied.

amazingggggg
    It's the thunderclap and sweeping strikes changes that get me excited

10+ Year Old Account
    Great changes indeed. Especially the shieldwall changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    It's the thunderclap and sweeping strikes changes that get me excited
    Honestly this is what I was saying they should do for Arms. Give it back its benefit on niche AoE/cleave fights. This is a very nice step in that direction.