Thread: 5.4 Changes

Page 1 of 40
... LastLast

5.4 Changes

Front Page

Bladestorm CD reduced to 60 seconds.

Titan's grip allows staves and polearms.

Slam damage increased by 10% on targets with csmash debuff.

Impending Victory heal increased to 30%

Enraged regen heal increased to 10% instant 10% hot and doubled still while enraged leading to 20% instant 20% hot.

Stormbolt damage in PvE increased to 500% from 375%.

Vigilance now reduces target's damage taken instead of transferring damage to the warrior.

Warbringer no longer stuns but roots target.

Enrage applies to shield slam (probably already did).

Glyph of Blitz stuns two targets instead of snaring them too (did it ever actually snare them?).

*MY TAKE*

Interesting changes. Bladestorm probably still won't be picked over the other two for serious pvp.
    Warbringer change is way too little way too late.
    Stormbolt needs a buff in pvp too.
    Impending victory and enraged regen changes are great; would have been even better if they'd listened to us 3 months ago during 5.3 PTR.
    TITAN'S GRIP?! STAVES?! SORCERY!
    Increased slam damage during csmash? More streamlining of our rotations. Basically making it clear that csmash is supposed to be followed by slam spam. Also a dps buff for arms.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

As I read it, there was no increase to Storm Bolt. Original wording is "125% weapon damage, and an additional 375% to targets immune to stun" 125% + 375% = 500% weapon damage total

New version: "125% weapon damage. 500% if target immune to stuns." still 500% weapon damage on bosses, unless I am reading it completely wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzel View Post
    As I read it, there was no increase to Storm Bolt. Original wording is "125% weapon damage, and an additional 375% to targets immune to stun" 125% + 375% = 500% weapon damage total

New version: "125% weapon damage. 500% if target immune to stuns." still 500% weapon damage on bosses, unless I am reading it completely wrong.
    It states "an additional 500% to targets permanently immune to stuns"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Enrage applies to shield slam (probably already did).
    Interesting changes. Bladestorm probably still won't be picked over the other two for serious pvp.
    Enrage actually was never proced by any of Prot's abilities, only by crit blocks. This makes an interesting change causing crit to become a usable (probably not valuable) stat for Prot warriors for mitigation.

Bladestorm becomes a 60 second trinket for PvP. Decent PvE AoE buff, but still not as useful as Dragon's Roar for single target due to the 6 second cast time.

Stormbolt change=never loose aggro when taunting off/on pulls. About 750% weapon damage at boss? OUCH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    It states "an additional 500% to targets permanently immune to stuns"
    The "an additional" was removed, It now just says deals 500% weapon damage to targets that are permanently immune to stuns.

T16 4set bonus was the most interesting thing in the notes for me, wotlk sudden death is back
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

No way T16 PVE set bonuses will be turned on in instanced PVP. Lol imagine unlimited executes that cost no rage.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 04:22 AM ----------

Also Shattering Throw doesnt have a rage cost anymore!!! Finally!!!

Warbringer change is way too little way too late.
    Pretty much sums up all the 5.4 changes, not just warbringer...
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    No way T16 PVE set bonuses will be turned on in instanced PVP. Lol imagine unlimited executes that cost no rage.
    Again, and I could be wrong here, but it reads as though execute is only free when the 4 piece procs AND the target is below 20% HP (so as to give a point to the proc for the actual execute phase). We probably won't see any change in our <20% rotation, except for now being able to throw some extra HS into a Colossus Smash or when it procs and we are about to cap rage we can Execute+HS instead of just Execute like we do now.

I see no reason for it to be disabled in instanced PvP; we're not going to be spamming Execute <20% at all times ever.

I also forsee a terrible RPPM on this proc

Slam is now fucking usable by fury why is no one talking about this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agartha View Post
    I'm still confused by that. It says "Arms spec."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agartha View Post
    It really isn't it's just a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
    I'm still confused by that. It says "Arms spec."
    Unless it hit with the OH as well, it wouldn't be worth using over Raging Blow as Fury, even during CS (though it'd come close in current tier from my rough napkin math). If it hit with the OH, we'd probably use it to dump in CS instead of Raging Blow at >20% and no Death Sentence proc, which would basically enable us to not care about RB charges.

Still, seems like it is just one of those datamining quirks, and is in all likelihood still an Arms only skill in 5.4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzel View Post
    Unless it hit with the OH as well, it wouldn't be worth using over Raging Blow as Fury, even during CS (though it'd come close in current tier from my rough napkin math). If it hit with the OH, we'd probably use it to dump in CS instead of Raging Blow at >20% and no Death Sentence proc, which would basically enable us to not care about RB charges.

Still, seems like it is just one of those datamining quirks, and is in all likelihood still an Arms only skill in 5.4.
    At the end of the line it says "arms spec 20 rage melee" or something to the equivilant.

Anyway this is my general overview of what these notes mean:

Raid utility is getting a nice buff for both 10/25m in the form of vigilance no longer transferring damage to the warrior. No more needing to worry about killing yourself. In 10m, this is a nice buff to use on tanks (as always) or on people with a debuff like V. Pathogens on Primordius. In 25m, this is even bigger for tank damage. A 30% damage reduction for 12 seconds on a 2 minute cool down. Almost better than Pain Sup, 30% for 12 seconds on 2 minutes instead of 40% for 8 on 3.

As well, shattering throw is now free. Probably still not worth using in 10m, but nice for 25m.

We're getting a nice buff to IV in the form of double healing. Very nice, but only on fights where we can actually hit something. This doesn't help our magic damage issue much, but it's still nice.

Bladestorm being moved to a 60 second CD is very very nice. For any fight with burst AoE or even sustained AoE Bladestorm is going to be even better.

Now for tier, 2p will overall lower the skill cap I believe. Rage pooling won't be as necessary, since you'll be gaining 50+ (depending how it works maybe 80+ rage) each CS. Instead we'll be spamming HS more, and using WS much more often.

4p will depend on the proc rate, buff duration, and how high/if it can stack. These will answer if we dump them right off like a KM proc, or save for a CS phase and either go BT-CS-EX-RB-RB-*BrZ*-RB or maybe just replace one RB with the EX. I doubt we'll be using BT inside CS anyway unless we have no other way to proc a 3rd RB and no execute proc.

Arms is getting a slight buff. Not enough to make it competitive, but it is a start. Slam hits for 10% more during a CS.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2013-06-12 at 06:27 AM.

I like the changes overall, except the ones made to Warbringer and glyph of blitz. Feels like the heroic throw nerf. But everything else seems quite good. Though I really doubt the good stuff will make it to the RC.

Impending Victory buff not in official notes. Will check when PTR is up.

I think we just got the best looking PvP set ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I think we just got the best looking PvP set ever.
    They all look weird imo. Kinda like a lot of scraps and garbage was gathered, and just put together with glue. D:

Now that is unfortunate basically the only thing I was looking forward to.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it comes down this way I´m glad. Speaking from a tank pov, making enrage procc from devastate (out FILLER) and shieldbash will increase our survivability. I´m curious how viable it will be to gem crit. Also, now I´m not so sure anymore if I´ll specc enraged regeneration or impedning victory. Sure, as long as I´m in posession of T15 2p bonus I´ll go for regen, but afterwards? Furthermore, that new stormbolt looks abnormally yummy. I wonder if dragon´s roar + bloodbath will surpass dragon´s roar + stormbolt.
    Finally I´m glad, that they changed vigilance. always appealed more to me, making my intercept useable for mobility.

Oh and fuck, do those fury/arms setboni look ridiculous great?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Well it's a nice start i'm going to be optimistic and believe we'll get some more beneficial changes.