Thread: 5.4 Changes

Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    if they want to "buff arms" then blizz should be buffing MS and OP.MS should be much stronger then it is now.
    It should, its a very simple buff that blizzard CANNOT get it through their stubborn heads, there are sooo many alternatives to buffing warriors its not even funny, the 35% cleave to slam was completely random and unnecessary.

Except they don't have to buff MS or OP in order to buff Arms. They always talk about how they have all these knobs to turn (and they do) so it would be just as easy to buff the spec by doing so. For example, they could easily buff mastery benefits or something like Deep Wounds.

Regardless of how they do it, it seems pretty unanimous (at least among us Warriors :P ) that Arms is in need of changes.

n.b. I'm speaking strictly from a PvE perspective though I don't see adjustments like that affecting the spec too drastically for PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Frayed View Post
    n.b. I'm speaking strictly from a PvE perspective though I don't see adjustments like that affecting the spec too drastically for PvP
    Doesn't matter what prospective your speaking from, both pve and pvp are in need in dps buffs.

I would like to have StormBolt replace Heroic Throw. ATM HT feels very situational- at best. Mostly just to get into combat targets that would otherwise leave combat. Taunt does that same... Its damage is lolable and so is cd. Like every other melee class has some kind of ranged attacks, some are very powerful- don't ask for that. Maybe Castable (1-1.5s) Stormbolt with 30s cd that stuns for 3s would be cool, it would increase our survival also.

Looking into picking my warrior up for PvP again since this new season set looks fabulous (yes I decide who I play by their gear for the season), I don't see any huge changes to make warriors super stronger but I see other classes like shadow priests, boomkins, and warlocks losing that 10-15% base damage reduction and getting a 60% armor buff, now is this better or worse for warriors?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by helic View Post
    Looking into picking my warrior up for PvP again since this new season set looks fabulous (yes I decide who I play by their gear for the season), I don't see any huge changes to make warriors super stronger but I see other classes like shadow priests, boomkins, and warlocks losing that 10-15% base damage reduction and getting a 60% armor buff, now is this better or worse for warriors?
    Damage wise I can't say, but them losing their passive reduction, and us gaining unshielded shieldwall and spellreflect is very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by helic View Post
    I don't know this as a fact, but I'd guess that it'll be something close to a wash.

Deleted
    Damage wise we're okay*, sadly 3 minutes are to long on our cooldowns. It's super hard to find a decent kill window with so much crowd control avaible to everyone and his mom. And our praised mobility gets more laughable with each major patch and basically all ranged classes having an escape tool on a similar cooldown to our charge.

Sadly you can't make good use from 9/10 of the arms changes (all aoe related), you still won't have the rage to spent it on slam and with 2 piece pve bonus disabled there will be no new reign of the 5.0 plated killing machine

We finally get some quality of life changes (hamstring of gcd, the already mentioned spellreflect and shieldwall - no shield changes) but i don't see why you'd want to bring an arms warrior over the clearly stronger hybrid melees.

But what i still dislike is that i can't stick to decent pillar humping healers even with piercing howl, 8% movement speed is super annoying there and leap/charge isn't either usable all the time or no path is avaible.

* = that's a tough one, often enough we can read complaints about ie DK and their 120k critting obliterate while we get 60k mortal strike out when all stars allign, but most people tend to ignore our mastery proccs + deep wounds ticks + heroic strike off gcd + healing reduction on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Damage wise I can't say, but them losing their passive reduction, and us gaining unshielded shieldwall and spellreflect is very nice.
    They lost their passive damage reduction only against casters. They gained 60% more armor in return which equates to the very similar damage reduction against physical damage; and that just so happens to keep warriors and rogues down while boosting all of the other classes that were already doing fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yack346 View Post
    I wonder if they have thought about adding a few more healing abilities, since we only have what... 2 or 3 I think...
    Is this a joke? Warriors should have 0 healing abilities. Part of the problem with this game is that they've given every class a bunch of healing spells.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    * = that's a tough one, often enough we can read complaints about ie DK and their 120k critting obliterate while we get 60k mortal strike out when all stars allign, but most people tend to ignore our mastery proccs + deep wounds ticks + heroic strike off gcd + healing reduction on top of that.
    That's probably because you're comparing numbers incorrectly. When we're comparing to obliterate we compare it with colossus smashed slams, not to mortal strike which would be more comparable to frost strike or crusader strike (both of which happen to do more damage to medium-heavy armored targets). Triple obliterates FAR outdamage a full rage bar slam spam during a csmash window and there's no reason for this to be the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler View Post
    Is this a joke? Warriors should have 0 healing abilities. Part of the problem with this game is that they've given every class a bunch of healing spells.
    You need to understand that in a game where EVERY class has healing abilities, we can't up and change everything or just nerf a single class. Warriors ARE behind in the healing department; I'd argue though that we make up for it pretty well with our defensives especially since they're getting buffed.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    You need to understand that in a game where EVERY class has healing abilities, we can't up and change everything or just nerf a single class. Warriors ARE behind in the healing department; I'd argue though that we make up for it pretty well with our defensives especially since they're getting buffed.
    Yepp - which is what makes the previous oh so famous by blues quoted "mobility armsrace" such a joke.

You will probably be seing more players try out Storm Bolt, but Bladestorm is only really useful in PvE during certain encounters in ToT. The increased impending victory will help warriors crappy survive ability and the increased smash damage might make Arms the better play in 5.4, but most likely SMF and TG will stay the best way to go..

Deleted
    Don't forget about the anti root part on bladestorm, it's what avatar should be (60s cooldown, way shorter duration and maybe slightly less damage but still removing annoying stuff - a button rather similar to bloodbath, both would have their uses in certain scenarios. Just read the recent paladin bluepost on paladins burden's guilt to see what i'm doing here ).

Otherwise we'd all like to see the 5.3 ptr on pvp setbonus... but that won't happen as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    That's probably because you're comparing numbers incorrectly. When we're comparing to obliterate we compare it with colossus smashed slams, not to mortal strike which would be more comparable to frost strike or crusader strike (both of which happen to do more damage to medium-heavy armored targets). Triple obliterates FAR outdamage a full rage bar slam spam during a csmash window and there's no reason for this to be the case.
    I'm not entirely sure i can follow you on this one, you'll basically never slam in pvp unless you pop everything (so recks bonus crit isn't wasted). Overpower has less opportunity cost, is way more reliable (no block/dodge/parry vs all those agility & plate wearers is huge and shockwave won't last through your whole CS window) and it comes at a faster gcd.

The crux with DKs (or most melee for that matter) is that their attacks tend to ignore armor altogether while we only ignore several x% during CS. Add the 100% crit chance via Killing Machine which allows for higher guaranteed bursts while we can only *hope* for some big, yellow numbers. And with pillar of frost on a one minute cooldown which perfectly lines up with the on use trinket + rather long single target stun it's over all easier to get into ("durrr"). But that doesn't mean it's all golden and as you already know: the grass is always more green elsewhere.

Ps: you mistake Crusader Strike for Templars Verdict, the first is poor mans autoattack in disguise while the latter hurts.. a lot

10+ Year Old Account
    the sad part is here we are getting close to the end of mop right and warriors are shit in both pvp and pve,again.the last raid of mop is killing the war chief right?thats next if right?regardless here we are again and arms is the worst dps class in pve and is way behind in pvp as well.same shit happened in cata and i thought GC said they wanted arms to do well in both pvp and pve.

blizz does not give a shit if they did arms WOULD do good dps in both pvp and pve.why on earth can locks have all three specs out dps the entire warriors class is beyond me.atm warriors are what blizz wants them to be =shit.its the same cycle over and over again,just stop giving blizz your $ and maybe they wake up at some point.

the sad part is here we are getting close to the end of mop right and warriors are shit in both pvp and pve,again.the last raid of mop is killing the war chief right?thats next if right?regardless here we are again and arms is the worst dps class in pve and is way behind in pvp as well.same shit happened in cata and i thought GC said they wanted arms to do well in both pvp and pve.

blizz does not give a shit if they did arms WOULD do good dps in both pvp and pve.why on earth can locks have all three specs out dps the entire warriors class is beyond me.atm warriors are what blizz wants them to be =shit.its the same cycle over and over again,just stop giving blizz your $ and maybe they wake up at some point.
    Or you could just reroll, i heard ret pallys are going to be sick next patch, i am going to roll a ret pally and thus, win the game!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    I would like to have StormBolt replace Heroic Throw.
    I like this idea since Heroic Throw is kinda worthless ATM anyway with its pathetic 50% weapon dmg. I'm not sure what would be in place of Stormbolt on the talent tree though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zohast View Post
    I like this idea since Heroic Throw is kinda worthless ATM anyway with its pathetic 50% weapon dmg. I'm not sure what would be in place of Stormbolt on the talent tree though.
    LOL, i crit a frost mage with it for 12k with all of my cds popped!!!

Yeah, i wish heroic throw was like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybl-zLIoNV8 skip to 3:04.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Or you could just reroll, i heard ret pallys are going to be sick next patch, i am going to roll a ret pally and thus, win the game!!
    you dont win against blizz unless you stop paying them.blizz does not care what you play as long as you pay!if i cant play what i want "warrior/arms" then they will not get $ out of me.

Arms was most certainly not in the same position during the last tier of Cata as it is or is likely to be in for the final tier in MoP.