Thread: 5.4 Changes

Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Probably i'm missing something, but i don't think it's possible to balance Arms in it's current state.

If they tweak the numbers so it stays competitive in heroic gear, in lfr/flex/normal gear would be ahead of every other melee given how bad it scales with everything besides weapon damage.

I don't dislike the idea of being ahead for 2-3 weeks, but i doubt that would be the case, i guess that they'll tweak the numbers for normal gear and, once everyone is in hc gear, arms will fall behind again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Easy as hell to buff Arms DPS by tons, without breaking pvp. Deep wounds does % more damage. See...no game breaking burst, but nice sustained damage.

Fury, lower the cost of Heroic Strike, and bring back Deadly Calm for fury only.
    If the damage of deep wounds is increased even more, they should make MS increase the duration and TC apply the dot, MS'ing with 10 feather stacks was the worst feeling ever knowing that 1-2 ticks later i would apply a crappy DW no matter what.

Holy cow... i just checked out the ptr patch notes (updated august 7th)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/101...7_2013#warrior

Slam now deals 50% more damage, but the Rage cost has been increased by 50% as well.

I kinda exaggerate the size of the text because i am excited if this goes live, holy cow slam is going to do DECENT damage, with the cost of 30 rage which doesn't sound bad.

Easy math: 220 x .5 =110 +220 = 330%

Oh boy, slam is going to do DECENT damage, i am pretty excited on this.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2013-08-08 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    IWhat they're most likely going to do: increase slams rage cost back to 30 but let it hit really hard (+50% flat damage increase or something like that)
    Give this man a fucking gold star.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Give this man a fucking gold star.
    indeed..

10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghostcrawler tweeted about big class balancing coming soon so we can only hope that fury gets what it needs, when the trinkets were OP on the PTR it def seemed a lot better but honestly don't want to base how well we do by a certain piece of gear. Locks and Mages need to be toned down for sure and we need something to bring us up. I would rather see a flat dmg buff across the board to be honest and go from there. Execute needs to be back where it use to be for sure though.

With RPPM doing the way of the dinosaur, or at least to an extent we are looking very strong come 5.4.

Could we use a dmg buff as fury? Sure but I don't think it's required.

What we need is a trinket from t16 that we actually want to use, besides the AMP one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by regularspecial View Post
    With RPPM doing the way of the dinosaur, or at least to an extent we are looking very strong come 5.4.

Could we use a dmg buff as fury? Sure but I don't think it's required.

What we need is a trinket from t16 that we actually want to use, besides the AMP one.
    That's exactly the point I was making, I do not want to have to rely on a certain trinket to drop for me to be competitive. We do not need a huge buff just need a little bit of our edge back and I rather not have 1 certain trinket define my dps. I hate the way trinkets are setup now because before each pull we need to make sure we get rez'd if we die or we wait til our trinkets have a chance to proc off the pull. I would rather see more static trinket buffs with some procs on it, but could only add to the dps if they proc at the right times or better than that, make them On Use again so I can use them when I feel it is best.

Deleted
    Try looking at it from the other side of the table snuglz, you missed regularspecial's point. When you demand fury buffs don't forget about the huge nerfs to RPPM trinkets and their scaling with haste, greatly decreasing the (burst) dps of rogues, enhancement shaman, rets and to some extent DK (and basically hunters + all casters except for fire mages as well). We are somewhat untouched from those changes because we did not bother with haste at all.

The lack of a strength multistrike trinket isn't as bad as it sounds, not every warrior picked up engineering to line it up with bloodbath and dragon roar and all those will see some great boost from using the CDR trinket along the amplify one, bloodbath will still line up with colossus so that's not an issue, the only meh point is skull banner being unaffected. And what's with the cruelty trinket? It adds up to 50% crit chance in a short amount of time, using it during sweeping strikes/bladestorm for arms or just a colossus for fury should still add a decent amount of damage. I'm torn on the cleave trinket, <4% chance seems super low. I'd rather have a higher chance but with decreased spreaded damage than a totally 1 out of 25 styles copied.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-08-09 at 05:50 PM.

The crit trinket seems nice, but it received the same 10sec duration treatment that ji-kun got, and it was already worse then ji-kuns before that change.

I'm not so much worried about our dmg as I am the fact that only 1 trinket is ideal for us next tier, unless they don't make 7% AMP trinkets unique then running with the str along with the spirit/int one is sadly going to be best on single target fights. At 4 targets the cleave trinket begins to pull ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by jotabito View Post
    If the damage of deep wounds is increased even more, they should make MS increase the duration and TC apply the dot, MS'ing with 10 feather stacks was the worst feeling ever knowing that 1-2 ticks later i would apply a crappy DW no matter what.
    Deep wounds is munched damage, that 10 stack feather damage will continue to bleed out over 15 seconds, it doesn't get overwritten like a normal spell dot.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Deep wounds is munched damage, that 10 stack feather damage will continue to bleed out over 15 seconds, it doesn't get overwritten like a normal spell dot.
    No, Deep Wounds is just a normal dot now. Damage is recalculated with every refresh. BB uses the old DW mechanics.

E.g. from my logs:

[21:10:55.700] Ra-den's Deep Wounds is refreshed by Rallik // refreshed at about 9 feather stacks
    [21:10:57.430] Rallik Deep Wounds Ra-den *106252*
    [21:10:59.084] Rallik's Feathers of Fury fades from Rallik
    [21:11:00.405] Ra-den's Deep Wounds is refreshed by Rallik // refresh immediately after feather stacks drop
    [21:11:00.502] Rallik Deep Wounds Ra-den 18624 // recalculated damage is much lower
    Last edited by Xanthan; 2013-08-12 at 02:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanthan View Post
    No, Deep Wounds is just a normal dot now. Damage is recalculated with every refresh. BB uses the old DW mechanics.

E.g. from my logs:

[21:10:55.700] Ra-den's Deep Wounds is refreshed by Rallik // refreshed at about 9 feather stacks
    [21:11:00.405] Ra-den's Deep Wounds is refreshed by Rallik // refresh immediately after feather stacks drop
    [21:11:00.502] Rallik Deep Wounds Ra-den 18624 // recalculated damage is much lower
    Just tested it on dummy can confirm .
    Last edited by Requiel; 2013-08-12 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthan View Post

E.g. from my logs:

Oh joy. Not a huge deal, but that kind of sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it kinda does but hopefully we will hear some good news today. At least from the twitter post they should be releasing what they want to do with different spec's today. I honestly do not know though where that will get posted at first. And Collision you need to add me, I am on mal'ganis as well. Always looking for other warriors to bs with and theorcraft.

- - - Updated - - -

The Dev watercooler talk about all classes.... http: //us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10580508/Dev_Watercooler_Dissecting_Patch_54_Class_Changes-8_12_2013
    Last edited by Snuglz; 2013-08-12 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snuglz View Post

And we are shafted again.... http: //us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10580508/Dev_Watercooler_Dissecting_Patch_54_Class_Changes-8_12_2013
    Posts like these remember me always once more how retarded they are.

Lol, i like how they said (i am discussing about dks for a moment here):

In terms of DK talents, as with all the classes, our primary goal was to open up some more talent choices and address some underpowered talents. While Anti-Magic Zone was capable of mitigating a lot of damage when used at precisely the right time, it was also easy to not gain the full benefit of the cooldown. We changed it to just be damage reduction similar to Power Word: Barrier. We also buffed Death Siphon and Plague Leech, which were underutilized.
    Seriously? any back up reasons as to why those worthless talents are being buffed besides being "underutilized"? Blizzard... i thought you had a brain. I actually think AMZ got "adjusted" and not "buffed", so basically its still underutilized, and death siphon/plague leech is still beyond underutilized, this is just severely pathetic... the talent choices will still be the same after 5.4, i still won't pick death siphon, AMZ, and plague leech.

gave Slam a Cleave ability.
    I still wonder why they gave slam a cleave to begin with, its soo random... and the 2 yard range is not even remotely far enough in ANY situation.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2013-08-12 at 07:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Posts like these remember me always once more how retarded they are.
    I read the post over again and noticed they were talking more about mechanics than anything else so I updated the post. Plus did some research with the RPPM trinket change and hopefully that will bridge the gap I was worried about.

We would have needed Affdots for DEEP WOUNDS?? Lol, brb I need to go get the Lei Shen 100% crit spell trinket..

I did some PTR testing in a Flex Raid last night and our damage is feeling a lot better.
    Last edited by Cyclonus-WOW; 2013-08-12 at 08:22 PM. Reason: it was a joke :p
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

For fury I'd just like to see something like this for a place in PvP

Equality of the Beszerker

You have an increased 5% chance to hit targets of an equal level with auto attacks
    Come forth coward and answer for your crimes!!

Quote Originally Posted by snuglz View Post
    I read the post over again and noticed they were talking more about mechanics than anything else so I updated the post.
    Oh I am aware of that maybe I should have just quoted the link.