Thread: 5.4 Changes

Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Is it safe to say we'll macro Hamstring into Mortal Strike for pvp?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    You could also macro it into charge as well. The only reason Hamstring is off the gcd is because Blizzard is forcing every Arms Warrior to use Slam.

I'm still going to keep it on a separate keybind just because I like where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The only reason Hamstring is off the gcd is because Blizzard is forcing every Arms Warrior to use Slam.
    Well, I do hate this part with all my heart. Would've preferred a CD reduction on MS and/or some significant buff to Overpower/Cleave/HS, maybe the tuning pass will do something about Overpower at least.

I can see how they're trying to differentiate the build up/burn phases of arms a bit more, but I think they'll need to decrease OPs rage cost to 5 or something. I'm not sure they can do much with MS if they really want our dmg to be loaded within CS.

Well, I do hate this part with all my heart. Would've preferred a CD reduction on MS and/or some significant buff to Overpower/Cleave/HS, maybe the tuning pass will do something about Overpower at least.
    With every passing week, it is less and less likely that we'll be seeing a "tuning pass" for warriors. OR the 50% Slam buff WAS the tuning pass.

And it's going to be fucking hilarious when it ends up being a retarded overbuff to a single ability that ends up neither helping us in PvE nor making up competitive in PvP. Wait, no it won't. Getting real tired of your shit Blizzard.

There is literally no reason for them to be completely ignoring the multitude of warrior threads stating that warriors need a FLAT damage increase on their rotational abilities. That does NOT mean buffing a single ability by an absurd amount. That means buffing MS and OP which will also ensure that the rare few times a warrior is able to connect with it's target it doesn't slam spam them 100-0 in the course of a shockwave stun.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-08-13 at 05:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Bad idea. There is no cd on hamstring in 5.4 to my knowledge and if you spam press buttons waiting for gcd you could dump alot of rage just reapplying hamstring multiple times. Honestly I am going to drop my heroic strike macro's and replace them with hamstrings; HS has no place in the world of pooling all rage to slam more often. Doubt ill ever use HS again. It also makes hindering strikes glyph beyond useless which is good buff for people like me who ran it; frees up a glyph slot for us and we have so many baller glpyhs.

Looking objectively warriors are getting tons of pvp buffs that aren't related to damage (and slam ofc). Even if we don't get any damage buffs we will be in a pretty good place. Unfortunatly we scale so badly with stats that aren't crit, thats what hurts us the most. Middle of the pack most likely, kinda like where dks are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    With every passing week, it is less and less likely that we'll be seeing a "tuning pass" for warriors. OR the 50% Slam buff WAS the tuning pass

That's just dumb. No other class has had a tuning pass, assuming warriors specifically won't when no one else has is asinine.

At any rate, deep wounds buff.

So, Deep Wounds gets a nice buff. More sustained damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Easy as hell to buff Arms DPS by tons, without breaking pvp. Deep wounds does % more damage. See...no game breaking burst, but nice sustained damage.
    I had a feeling about this. I just wonder if it's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I had a feeling about this. I just wonder if it's enough.
    Isn't this going to make deep wound tick for crazy amounts as arms. It's a simple buff method though as it help everything but burst, helps slightly in pvp when being kited and pve on fights where you have to run out or away eg thok the big hungry dinosaur where you can keep deep wound up for the entire kite phase

Probably the most uninteresting buff I can think of. At least they buffed rogues and locks as well.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-08-13 at 03:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Probably the most uninteresting buff I can think of. At least every other spec gets huge buffs as well wait what.
    Fury gameplay is fun IMO--just more dmg is nice. Don't worry, for every 2 buffs, we get 1 nerf. Just wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Probably the most uninteresting buff I can think of. At least they buffed rogues and locks as well.
    Its the assassination buffs that really make me shake my head. Subtlety sure, but assassination? It was already the top melee spec by a significant margin, meanwhile fury and unholy are middle bottom, and frost and arms ARE bottom.

Nice DW buff. BT really could use a buff though. It's so weak for a core ability.

Anyone know how much of a dps buff the deepwounds change is? On ptr me and another warrior were trailing other dps by around 30 to 50k last weekend

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    Anyone know how much of a dps buff the deepwounds change is? On ptr me and another warrior were trailing other dps by around 30 to 50k last weekend
    That depends on your DPS ofc, looks like DW will tick for about twice as much as before, so anywhere from 5 to 7% single target increase I guess, more potent for Arms due to the AoE spreading.

It's pretty bland, but still rather decent, even tho Assassasination just got buffed lol
    Will see how the no more double/tripple benefits of haste for RPPM trinkets will turn out for us, while comparing us to other melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    With every passing week, it is less and less likely that we'll be seeing a "tuning pass" for warriors. OR the 50% Slam buff WAS the tuning pass.

And it's going to be fucking hilarious when it ends up being a retarded overbuff to a single ability that ends up neither helping us in PvE nor making up competitive in PvP. Wait, no it won't. Getting real tired of your shit Blizzard.

There is literally no reason for them to be completely ignoring the multitude of warrior threads stating that warriors need a FLAT damage increase on their rotational abilities. That does NOT mean buffing a single ability by an absurd amount. That means buffing MS and OP which will also ensure that the rare few times a warrior is able to connect with it's target it doesn't slam spam them 100-0 in the course of a shockwave stun.
    A 20% armor penetration bonus for arms warrior, maybe through Seasoned Soldier? So 70% with Colossus Smash... Talking PvP here of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    So with the change deepwounds now does 65% more damage, so its around 3.5% overall buff

I haven't been keeping up with the storm bolt change, just tried it out on the PTR. Is this what we're going to be using next patch? lol, at least as TG, the thing was doing more than my melee damage. I was using my current gear, 5/5 t16 pieces and the CD reduction trinket (allows storm bolt to be used for each colossus smash).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...heart/advanced

SB will most likely not be a damage increase over BB in any normal situation. I'm sure someone can sim the actual difference between them, but until then, just go with the assumption that BB is better.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders