Thread: 5.4 PTR notes

Deleted

5.4 PTR notes

Warrior (Forums, Talent Calculator)
    Enrage Mortal Strike, Bloodthirst and Colossus Smash Colossus Smash, Devastate, and Shield Slam critical strikes and critical blocks Enrage you, generating 10 Rage and increasing physical damage done by 10% for 6 sec.
    Impending Victory (Arms) Instantly attack the target causing [ 1,558 + 70% of AP ] damage and healing you for 15% of your maximum health. 30% of your maximum health.
    Impending Victory (Fury, Protection) Instantly attack the target causing [ 1,246 + 56% of AP ] damage and healing you for 15% of your maximum health. 30% of your maximum health.
    Intimidating Shout Causes the targeted enemy to cower in fear, and up to 5 additional enemies within 8 0 yards to flee. Lasts 8 sec. 8 yd range. Instant. 1.5 min cooldown.
    Shattering Throw 25 Rage.

Talents
    Bladestorm 1.5 min cooldown. 60 sec cooldown.
    Enraged Regeneration Instantly heals you for 5% 10% of your total health, and an additional 5% 10% over 5 sec. Can be used while stunned. Effects are doubled if used while Enraged. Warrior - LvL 30 Talent. Instant. 60 sec cooldown.
    Impending Victory (Arms) Instantly attack the target causing [ 1,558 + 70% of AP ] damage and healing you for 15% of your maximum health. 30% of your maximum health.
    Impending Victory (Fury, Protection) Instantly attack the target causing [ 1,246 + 56% of AP ] damage and healing you for 15% of your maximum health. 30% of your maximum health.
    Storm Bolt Hurl your weapon at an enemy, causing 125% weapon damage and stunning the target for 3 sec. Deals an additional 375% 500% weapon damage to targets that are permanently immune to stuns. Requires Melee Weapon. Warrior - LvL 90 Talent. 30 yd range. Instant. 30 sec cooldown.
    Vigilance Focus your protective gaze on a party or raid member, transferring 30% of damage taken to you reducing their damage taken by 30% for 12 sec. During the duration of Vigilance, your Taunt has no cooldown. Warrior - LvL 75 Talent. 40 yd range. Instant. 2 min cooldown.
    Warbringer Your Charge also knocks pins a target to the ground, stunning it for 3 rooting it for 4 sec and reducing movement speed by 50% for 15 sec. Warrior - LvL 15 Talent.

Arms
    Slam Arms, Fury: Slams the opponent, causing 220% weapon damage plus 2,193. Causes an additional 10% damage to targets affected by your Colossus Smash. Protection: Slams the opponent, causing 220% weapon damage plus 2,193. Requires Melee Weapon. Warrior - Arms Spec. 20 Rage. Melee range. Instant.

Fury
    Titan's Grip Allows you to dual-wield a pair of two-handed weapons. Cannot be comined with wielding staves or polearms. Requires One-Handed Axes, Two-Handed Axes, One-Handed Maces, Two-Handed Maces, Polearms, One-Handed Swords, Two-Handed Swords, Staves, Fist Weapons, Daggers. Warrior - Fury Spec.

Major Glyphs
    Glyph of Blitz Your Charge stuns and snares also stuns an additional 2 nearby targets. Major Glyph.

Item - Warrior T16 DPS 2P Bonus (New) Attacks against a target with your Colossus Smash debuff generate 10 Rage.
    Item - Warrior T16 DPS 4P Bonus (New) Your Mortal Strike and Bloodthirst have a chance to activate Death Sentence, allowing Execute to be used above 20% target health. Below 20% target health, Death Sentence makes Execute free.
    Item - Warrior T16 Protection 2P Bonus (New) You heal for 30% of all damage blocked with a shield and 30% of all damage absorbed by Shield Barrier.
    Item - Warrior T16 Protection 4P Bonus (New) For 10 sec after Shield Wall fades, you gain Rage from taking damage.

Digging the self heal buffs for VR/IV, TG polearms/staves, bladestorm cooldown reduction and the shattering throw rage cost removal.

Discuss all the 5.4 warrior changes here.
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2013-06-12 at 02:37 AM.

Created a thread a few minutes ago.

Mod please merge mine with tursk's so discussions aren't diluted.

The PvE set bonuses are EXCEPTIONALLY compelling for PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Ah sorry Flaks, guess yours wasn't up when I checked before creating mine. Merge if possible indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior T16 DPS 4P Bonus (New) Your Mortal Strike and Bloodthirst have a chance to activate Death Sentence, allowing Execute to be used above 20% target health. Below 20% target health, Death Sentence makes Execute free.

ORGASM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokugan View Post
    Warrior T16 DPS 4P Bonus (New) Your Mortal Strike and Bloodthirst have a chance to activate Death Sentence, allowing Execute to be used above 20% target health. Below 20% target health, Death Sentence makes Execute free.

ORGASM
    inb4 a 0.1 RPPM proc rate

Finally a good heal. Pve setbonus was obviously going to be some sort of proc to keep the rotation interesting with the high crit. Arms still looks shitty. Not that impressed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Created a thread a few minutes ago.

Mod please merge mine with tursk's so discussions aren't diluted.

The PvE set bonuses are EXCEPTIONALLY compelling for PvP.
    If they dont buff our pvp set bonuses or change pvp power/resil on gear then that 2set at least is going to be huge. I wonder about the wording though, "Attacks" probably means white. Theres no way it means all; between mastery procs / white / specials we would rage cap in seconds.

Thank the lord, I might actually be able to spec out of second wind since MoP started? What is this sorcery?? Shattering throw no rage thank god, soft burst under CS increase. Loving the changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    a off hand storm bolt was also datamined
    Last edited by Requiel; 2013-06-12 at 03:57 AM.

Vigilance change is pretty amazing for raid utility I gotta say. The increased self heal is nice and all but we'll still be pretty squishy. Set bonuses for dps look pretty cool aswell, but we could do with some rppm scaling changes or damage buffs. Also shattering throw on pull now is nice.

Overall lots of "oh thats neat" changes, but no real major buffs. Oh well it's a start!

quick and dirty math for tier bonuses

Item - Warrior T16 DPS 2P Bonus (New) Attacks against a target with your Colossus Smash debuff generate 10 Rage.
    Item - Warrior T16 DPS 4P Bonus (New) Your Mortal Strike and Bloodthirst have a chance to activate Death Sentence, allowing Execute to be used above 20% target health. Below 20% target health, Death Sentence makes Execute free.

Two piece:
    There's no way it'll affect autoattacks, it'll probably only affect yellow sttacks.

8 abilities per CS (4 GCD and 4 off-gcd.) = 80 rage every 20 seconds, 240 rage every minute.

Heroic strike average for me is around 110k. Assuming all the extra rage is shifted into heroic strike, that's 240/30 = 8 HSs a minute, or around 800k per minute, 13.3k dps added.

Now, most of the extra heroic strikes will be added outside of colossus smash. Fudge-math a 0.7 multiplier to that, and we're at 9k dps increase, or a 1800 SEP bonus. Besting the previous best warrior tier bonus of 1200~ from 4 piece T15.

Four piece is impossible to math out without knowing proc rates.

x*13.3333*(325,000-110,000)=
    (mutiplier times chances to proc every 60 seconds times the difference in damage between an average execute and an average heroic strike)
    x*2,866,595
    x=0.1 == 286,659 damage added every 60 seconds, or a 9.5k dps increase. (1800 SEP)
    x=0.2 == 573,318 damage, 19k dps increase (3600 SEP)

Judging by how quickly that'll ramp up, the proc rate will likely be <20%.

I like the changes. Warriors don't need huge buffs to be viable, they only need small tweaks here or there.

Napkin Math for prot crit changes.

The enrage stuff is not really useful as it needs to be modeled (how do you calculate overlapping enrage times), I just included it for interest sake. I am not raiding atm due to real life issues so I picked up some logs from a friends guild.

Please note; this is a one parse from one particular fight. It is incomplete data (you need a whole data set from multiple fights to see the big picture). I only picked this fight because Omegal was on the boss 100% of the time to see how the changes come in to effect during tanking uptime (as opposed to off tanking).

Fight Info
    Heroic Tortos
    Duration of Fight 324 seconds (05:40)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4746&e=5087

Potential Rage Increase
    Shield Slam - 4 crits
    Devistate - 6 crits
    Increase Rage per Second : .30

Compairing to Rage Generated from Critical Block
    Shield Block Crits - 32
    Increased Rage per Second : .98

Potential Enrage Uptime
    Note: there is no way you will see the full benifits of this as it overlaps with itself as well as critical block enrage!

Crit Change : ((10 crits * 6 seconds) / 324) * 100 = 18.51%
    In comparison to Enrage Uptime from critical block 51.2%

Left wondering what problem this change is trying to solve. Rage is nice but was it a problem? If it is trying to bridge the damage gap between prot warriors and other tanks I feel it comes way short. Other tanks are doing crazy numbers compared to us. Just from napkin math the best we are going to see is a 1-3% damage increase. Please prove me wrong on this someone.
    Last edited by dodonpachi; 2013-06-12 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post

Two piece:
    There's no way it'll affect autoattacks, it'll probably only affect yellow sttacks.

8 abilities per CS (4 GCD and 4 off-gcd.) = 80 rage every 20 seconds, 240 rage every minute.
    I think its the opposite. Im thinking its only going to be white attacks. Think about arms; OP is on a 1 sec gcd, mastery procs are considered yellow to my knowledge, and CS uptime is ALOT higher than furys. If that were the case arms would be rage-capped literally all the time. Arms could definitely use the bonus, but that seems a bit ridiculous not too mention required for pvp.

Looks like I may say goodbye to Dragon's Roar and Hello Again to Bladestorm if this becomes a reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am really appreciating that the dev's finally addressed the issue with prot warriors. First off, the enrages from devastate and shield slam crits will be so, so helpful. And 50% of parry and dodge added as crit for 20 seconds after a dodge or parry... Wow. Not to mention the 2-set bonus. Bravo, Blizzard, bravo.
    And the fury bonuses are quite awesome as well. The 2-set bonus is kinda.. meh. It will be nice to have the additional rage, but I've never had a problem with rage during the debuff since fury warriors are supposed to pool up beforehand anyway. Think this is to try to make them less bursty? Like, allowing warriors to spend rage more liberally on HS and things like that during the inbetween time? And as far as the 4 piece, hot damn. Lol.. love the warrior changes.