Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

To all those druids that wanted DoC to change..

Well, now you got it:

So using this in pvp...
    Dream Of Cenarius
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/108373-d...us#16965-17056

Balance
    Increases healing from Healing Touch by 20% and casting Healing Touch increases the damage bonus of your next Eclipse by 10%.

Feral
    Increases healing from Healing Touch by 20% and casting Healing Touch causes your next Rip to deal 15% additional damage.

Guardian
    Increases healing from Healing Touch by 20% and your Mangle (Bear) critical strikes have a 20% chance to make your next Healing Touch or Rebirth instant, free, and castable in all forms.

Restoration
    Increases Wrath damage by 20% and your Wrath spell causes a nearby ally to be healed for 100% of the damage done.

Happy kitty!

15+ Year Old Account
    I would rather have 100% healing from say starfire and wrath and get 10% damage for an eclipse when I use healing touch...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

WoW bad change for feral.
    They had to screw it up.

Time to play faceroll HotW.
    Last edited by Skadovsk; 2013-06-12 at 03:17 AM.

Will probably use it for Resto... and have to dump it for HotW as Feral... and still won't use it for Guardian. Doesn't really feel like a net gain unless they change it back to the current version for Feral or add a bonus to your next Rip & Rake. : /

Resto Atonement makes me happy; Feral DoC nerf makes me sad.

I wonder why they changed DoC for feral, was it because the trash players couldn't use it?
    I mean they buffed ferals on 5.3 because their sustained dmg was low, now they have decent sustained dmg but still not top tier, and no burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiarra View Post
    Will probably use it for Resto... and have to dump it for HotW as Feral... and still won't use it for Guardian. Doesn't really feel like a net gain unless they change it back to the current version for Feral or add a bonus to your next Rip & Rake. : /

Feral DoC nerf makes me sad.
    Feral
    Increases healing from Healing Touch by 20% and casting Healing Touch causes your next Rip to deal 15% additional damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziene View Post
    I was using that already, but I should just keep on Heart then?
    You would need to ask our theorycrafting gods for that but 25% buff to Rip/Rake vs the new 15% buff to only Rip seems like a fairly hefty nerf to me? That's ignoring the nerf from 30% to 20% on HT. I'll certainly be easier to use, but seems like a rather large overall nerf assuming you could already manage to do a decent current DoC rotation.

Assuming I read it right anyhow; need more coffee.
    Last edited by Kaiarra; 2013-06-12 at 03:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will be interesting for resto, since it's doing the same exact thing as new vigil but with different numbers. I assume one of the two isn't sticking and it's a work in progress.

New Vigil: Increases all damage and healing done by 10% for 30 sec. All single-target healing and damage spells and abilities also heal a nearby friendly target for 25% of the damage amount done.

DoC: Restoration Increases Wrath damage by 20% and your Wrath spell causes a nearby ally to be healed for 100% of the damage done.

While I barely used DoC because I'm not as skilful a feral as those who do, I did see mastering it as ultimately a goal I had to reach to min-max DPS. A little sad that it's nerfed (and thus going against the 'takes skill to master' formula), but it's now looking like something I'll be able to use more often instead of only during Patchwerk-type fights.

You would need to ask our theorycrafting gods for that but 25% buff to Rip/Rake vs the new 15% buff to only Rip seems like a fairly hefty nerf to me? That's Ignoring the nerf from 30% to 20% on HT. I'll certainly be easier to use, but seems like a rather large overall nerf assuming you could already manage to do a decent current DoC rotation.

Assuming I read it right anyhow; need more coffee.
    Ah yes. So this this was a worthless thread on me (egg on my face). Apparently so do I. Think before I post something.. LOL
    Last edited by Ziene; 2013-06-12 at 03:26 AM.

Datamined changes aren't final as usual. The change for feral makes it a total pile of shit and there's no way it will stay that way.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Datamined changes aren't final as usual. The change for feral makes it a total pile of shit and there's no way it will stay that way.
    I shall totally hold you to that! After the Hunter PvE stampede massacre I don't want nerfs on my main.

For Resto I don't see how that's useful at all. Wrath doesn't hit hard enough for it to be worth it for us, HotW will still be better for fights that don't have a damage buff. Something like Horridon DoC will be good, but most fights HotW will be better.

I hope your right, Aggixx.

Its blizzard...
    then add feral not very popular spec
    then possibly the least popular talent in the game

We're gonna have to bitch and moan extra hard this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    We're gonna have to bitch and moan extra hard this time.
    Because that worked so well back in Cata when they decided shifting roots was OP - I guess they did revert it in the next expansion.

Deleted
    Don't understand why they had to change DoC for feral...the new version is dumb literally.

I shall totally hold you to that!
    Preparing to eat my own words. Just in case.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by Ziene View Post
    Feral
    As opposed to the 25% you get for lining it up with rip currently. Great.

Resto = poor man's Attonement healing (better than nothing)
    Guardian = The soloing talent of choice (Only 8 second and no stacking? I take it back, DoC is probably worse in 5.4 than currently live and is a poor replacement for those Bears that have to brez for their raid from losing NS)

can't comment on Balance and Feral beyond what's already been said.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-06-12 at 09:16 PM.