Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Where do people get this stuff? Balancing issue because of one doc buffed ravage? lol

Putting numbers aside they gave their reason; simplification.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    Where do people get this stuff? Balancing issue because of one doc buffed ravage? lol

Putting numbers aside they gave their reason; simplification.
    Oh, I don't know... maybe because a DoC buffed Ravage can hit for 150k+ in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    Oh, I don't know... maybe because a DoC buffed Ravage can hit for 150k+ in arena.
    Why do I always hear the same number "150k ravage crit on arena" always the same exact number like someone had a traumatic experience and keeps sharing the story in the internet.
    I don't believe that's a normal average crit from ravage with DoC against fully resil targets inside a pvp arena.

Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    I've taken hits that big from other classes in PvP. If that was the problem they would nerf Ravage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubus View Post
    Considering Blizzard stated they don't want some specs to only have one go-to talent, they seem to be going back on their word here. I understand DoC was pretty much useless for every spec except Feral, leaving some specs with only one choice, but with these changes ferals will only have one go-to lvl 90 talent. I know that numbers can be tweaked, but even if they manage to make the new DoC equal in dps to HotW, nobody is going to take it over a passive, which is something Blizzard wants to get away from. I'm hoping the feedback will be enough for Blizz to realize the mistake in changing DoC in the way they have.
    I don't know if I consider HotW a passive talent. It has a passive effect, yes, but it also has a game-changing on-use effect. I'm not going to claim that spamming Wrath or Mangle is particularly hard, mind you. Still, it requires planning and good execution to make the best use out of those 45 seconds, especially if you're tasked with healing or tanking as well.

A passive effect is more along the lines of Soul of the Forest, which for most specs simply improves your performance without asking you to change the way you play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    I don't know if I consider HotW a passive talent. It has a passive effect, yes, but it also has a game-changing on-use effect. I'm not going to claim that spamming Wrath or Mangle is particularly hard, mind you. Still, it requires planning and good execution to make the best use out of those 45 seconds, especially if you're tasked with healing or tanking as well.

A passive effect is more along the lines of Soul of the Forest, which for most specs simply improves your performance without asking you to change the way you play.

So for you DoC playstyle is spamming Mangle and gg? Sorry but play DoC at a good level is a bit hard then you said...
    Sure if you use your PS with no brain, refresh Bleed/SR total random, and you spam only Mangle for dpsing, pls change class dude, it's better.
    Active effect of DoC is now the better thing if you like a brain playstyle in my opinion.

Deleted
    I really hope this change doesn't go live. DoC the lure that keeps me playing feral from any other class, it allows a really good feral to pull some absolutely crazy numbers (with a helping hand from lady luck of course) but also allows a decent feral to do competitive dps. I really enjoy the reward of playing this spec very well and getting big numbers in return.

Guys...
    Keep it calm, whine a bit more and Blizzard will change it

No worries!

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thudin View Post
    Guys...
    Keep it calm, whine a bit more and Blizzard will change it

No worries!
    This is our intent

Quote Originally Posted by Parna View Post
    So for you DoC playstyle is spamming Mangle and gg? Sorry but play DoC at a good level is a bit hard then you said...
    Sure if you use your PS with no brain, refresh Bleed/SR total random, and you spam only Mangle for dpsing, pls change class dude, it's better.
    Active effect of DoC is now the better thing if you like a brain playstyle in my opinion.
    No, HotW DPS is spamming Wrath (at least as a Guard/Feral since Moonfires hit for nothing).

I really hope this goes live for feral. DoC is not fun or difficult, it's gimmicky and boring. Plus that talent tier needs some serious balancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Burburburs View Post
    I really hope this goes live for feral. DoC is not fun or difficult, it's gimmicky and boring. Plus that talent tier needs some serious balancing.
    I think you might have DoC confused with HotW.

I would agree that the talent tier needs some work, but really only for other specs. To me it makes no sense to pick a talent, have to do less work/timing/preperation to achieve a lower end result. Each talent needs to have a trade off. For me (right now), the trade off of moving to HotW means that I drop a bit of damage for a true hybrid ability and slightly overall more survivability which comes from the extra stamina. You can still use the PS proc's to heal yourself or others in bad situations, but it changes it to be purely defensive. After they changed NV, taking it just doesn't make sense and to balance it, they should increase the amount of healing (at least for feral). DoC actually makes you work for your damage and within the talent you can still use PS defensively.

I concur. That tier is supposed to be the hybridization tier. DoC, from what I can tell just looking at it, was supposed to encourage ferals to use their heals more often. In the current version, you almost never use the heal strategically. The numbers could use some work, but the mechanics of the new design are much more in line with allowing PS procs to be used for utility again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    I concur. That tier is supposed to be the hybridization tier. DoC, from what I can tell just looking at it, was supposed to encourage ferals to use their heals more often. In the current version, you almost never use the heal strategically. The numbers could use some work, but the mechanics of the new design are much more in line with allowing PS procs to be used for utility again.
    Euhmm what? The current ptr model noone will use, if they tweak Rip damage to a acceptable level it will break PvP. They got to make NV and HotW real shit or rethink DoC.

Edit: fixed typo
    Last edited by mmoc3782ac376e; 2013-06-13 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    Euhmm what? The current ptr model noone will use, if they tweak Rip damage to a acceptable level it will break PvP. They got to make NV and HotW real shit or rethink DoC.

Edit: fixed typo
    They've reduced it to one number. All they have to do is increase that number and it's viable again. And while I don't pvp and can't comment on that side with much certainty, getting 25% buffed rips on other players wasn't breaking the game anyway, was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post
    I think you might have DoC confused with HotW.

I would agree that the talent tier needs some work, but really only for other specs. To me it makes no sense to pick a talent, have to do less work/timing/preperation to achieve a lower end result.
    I am not confused at all. DoC is not difficult to play. The timing and preparation to execute it correctly is stupidly easy to get the hang of. It really is just a slowed down feral play style. But since it incorporates something new (strict healing spells in a dps spec to increase damage), people are spouting how difficult it is to play. DoC is just so far ahead right now it needs a nerf. I doubt this change will make the spec unplayable, but it will certainly make the other options competitive. And I personally like feral because it is fast paced, but right now DoC doesn't allow you to play like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post

Sorry but Feral is a dps-class and Talents MUST think to increase dps component, not healing components. In an endgame composition raid (who want a good dps) Hybrid with probably lower dps and a occasionally single-HT Vs Pure Damage with higher dps and a Raid-Cd, probably a brained guild choose second option. Above all in a 10-men raid.
    HotW can will be a good raid cd, right. But If i use HotW for cast a powerfull Tranquillity (probably BL-off), i can't use the talent for my priority thing: MAKE DPS.
    Survavibily and raid-Utility are important, yeah, but this must don't affect Dps part of the class, in my opinion.

So, still not good for Balance, as they've removed Nature's Swiftness from talents and it is a Level 30 Resto spell...
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Deleted
    I am not confused at all. DoC is not difficult to play. The timing and preparation to execute it correctly is stupidly easy to get the hang of. It really is just a slowed down feral play style. But since it incorporates something new (strict healing spells in a dps spec to increase damage), people are spouting how difficult it is to play. DoC is just so far ahead right now it needs a nerf. I doubt this change will make the spec unplayable, but it will certainly make the other options competitive. And I personally like feral because it is fast paced, but right now DoC doesn't allow you to play like that.
    Probably you use your spells completely random for say "feral is not difficult to play". Is it not difficult compared to which class sorry?

Quote Originally Posted by Parna View Post
    Sorry but Feral is a dps-class and Talents MUST think to increase dps component, not healing components. In an endgame composition raid (who want a good dps) Hybrid with probably lower dps and a occasionally single-HT Vs Pure Damage with higher dps and a Raid-Cd, probably a brained guild choose second option. Above all in a 10-men raid.
    HotW can will be a good raid cd, right. But If i use HotW for cast a powerfull Tranquillity (probably BL-off), i can't use the talent for my priority thing: MAKE DPS.
    Survavibily and raid-Utility are important, yeah, but this must don't affect Dps part of the class, in my opinion.
    This is true. But you missed my point. The point of the hybrid tier is to allow limited hybrid utility without compromising dps. Who would blow GCDs on PS heals unless it was offset by a dps boost? Not many. Hence, DoC. Half of this talent is supposed to be the healing component, same way as half of HotW is a hybrid cd and half of NV is a healing cd. On live, DoC functionally has no healing component.