Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Resto] 5.4 - "Let's go HAM mode" !

Restoration druide at 5.4 will be BEAST omg !

Finally some modifications that will change everything from gameplay to utility
    Restodisc Druide inc.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#s

Love how we finally get nature's swiftness as a base spell and ysera's gift that will work like the healing stream totem but more op.

/discuss
    Last edited by DeathManz; 2013-06-12 at 02:41 AM.

Deleted
    Dood, Dream of Cenarius = atonement druids.
    DOOD.

Restoration Increases Wrath damage by 20% and your Wrath spell causes a nearby ally to be healed for 100% of the damage done. Druid - LvL 90 Talent.

Much needed resto druid buffs

I'm excited for Nature's Swiftness to be baseline though. I hope ysera's gift is good.

A lot of the changes look great. So much druid love. 4 set looks amazing too.

Edit - So is the DoC change passive? Am I reading that correctly?
    Last edited by Gags; 2013-06-12 at 03:29 AM.

Every change is a buff except :
    wild mushroom
    healing is now X3 buf "Only 1 mushroom can be placed at a time."

I have mixed feeling about this mushroom change.
    One shroom at a time is good that we no longer need 3 gcd to place all the shroom
    However when the raid is spread out I currently rely on placing 3 shrooms in different locations to increase the coverage.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 11:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Dood, Dream of Cenarius = atonement druids.
    DOOD.
    And with genesis we have something like uplift

Atonement + a no-CD raid-CD of sorts revival/uplift spell = man, I'm now sad that I switched to mistweaver this xpac.
    Marshmallows - 10/13H - Recruiting hunter/warlock
    Latest kill vid: Heroic Primordius (10) (from Natoro)

I'm liking the changes but my nerf bat senses are tingling.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Dream of Cenarius - so we can atonement like a priest
    Genesis - so we can uplift like a monk
    Ysera's Gift - looks pretty interesting

I'm a little skeptical about the absorbs that monks / resto shamans (only on earth shield targets however) get in their tier bonuses though on top of holy paladin / disc priests in the raid which could mean more overhealing for druids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gags View Post
    A lot of the changes look great. So much druid love. 4 set looks amazing too.
    Forgive me if I'm wrong (I've only had time for a really quick skim) but the 4 set doesn't look interesting at all. Our only cast time heal is Regrowth which when glyphed will give a living seed anyway. Am I missing something here? Is the idea for the 4 set to make Nourish/HT more desirable?

Quote Originally Posted by craigp100 View Post
    Ysera's Gift - so we can healing stream totem like a shaman
    I fixed that for you.

As someone who plays a MW monk and RDruid, Genesis gets me extremely excited. Looks like a lot of fun to use and I welcome the new 1GCD shrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Thexasoul View Post
    I fixed that for you.
    I really doubt that this changes go live the way the are now on this ptr build. Resto druid will be god mode, meanly in 10 man environment. 100% raid cover with reju + genesis is REALLY OP. Genesis + Mushroom is REALLY OP. Atonement for low damage phases with FoN = 2 Smart heal while you just DPS and heal at the same time.

About tier bonus, Rdruids will simple keep 4 T15 heroic with upgrades until T16 Heroic. Like Top Rdruid did with t14. T16 Will probably go to DPS first due OP bonus.

IF this changes goes live, it will be good to discuss the changes on our itemization, Probably gemmimg for Mastery will not be a good, Int will probably be better then master again due Wrath escale with int for Dream of Cenarius. AND crit will be more atractive since Wrath crits = more DoC heals. if im not mistake crit is already 0.9 mastery in itemization valor. At Last, but no at least, our next haste Break Point will be much more atractive for a lot of reasons. With it, you will gain +1 HT for Treants, +1 tick with WG and more DoC heals.
    Last edited by AvatarM; 2013-06-12 at 09:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow this is gonna make Rdruids even better in RBGs (yes i only mainly PVP this expansion), stack rejuv on 10 people and cast Genesis (hoping for no CD on it), some mad hots, this will kind of make haste less valuable imo
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

They gave us Attonement and the lesser child of Uplift + TFT.

I'm a satisfied tree.

Hope it won't make it live or be nerfed.

"We don't want classes to look alike" they said. Sure.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarM View Post
    100% raid cover with reju + genesis is REALLY OP. Genesis + Mushroom is REALLY OP.
    I'm going to assume we won't be able to keep this up as itll be mana intensive. If I read Genesis correctly it also expires the Rejuvenation 400% faster while it ticks 400% faster. So we lose our blanket and would have to put Rejuvs out again. I honestly haven't raided outside of LFR this tier (and even that) so I have no idea how mana management is like at this current stage so correct me if Rejuv spamming is viable with the regen we have now.

I'm also thinking that these PVE buffs, which are absolutely great, are going to make PVP Rdruids extremely strong.

edit; and while I'm here I'll just put that the Treetonement seems a bit unnecessary (or maybe I just don't like the fact that now druids can dps heal also. Doesn't seem to fit them in my opinion but that's just my opinion).
    Last edited by rcgn; 2013-06-12 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by craigp100 View Post
    Ysera's Gift - looks pretty interesting

I'm a little skeptical about the absorbs that monks / resto shamans (only on earth shield targets however) get in their tier bonuses though on top of holy paladin / disc priests in the raid which could mean more overhealing for druids.
    Dont forget the buff to NV and HotW. And with the setboni for singletargets heal, disc plus tree may be best 10m comp. And would be cool to know how the DoC heal scales, can it crit is it affected by mastery/t16 4piece
    Last edited by Viromand; 2013-06-12 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    Dont forget the buff to NV and HotW. And with the setboni for singletargets heal, disc plus tree may be best 10m comp. And would be cool to know how the DoC heal scales, can it crit is it affected by mastery/t16 4piece
    Probably it will not be effected by mastery. BUT with 20% more damage, raid buffed and int gemmed, it will probably hit for 80k, even 90k dmg. It will scale with crit and haste. I really liked to run with treants since 5.3, i think they are much better for most fights (8% of my healing), So i would probably go for the next haste breakpoint, due plus +1 Ht for treants, DoC scale and 1 more tick for WG. And gem int instead of mastery.

One think that we should take into account, Glyph of Efflorence will probably be must have, so we ill need to remove on glyph. Im inclined to remove the WG Glyph for 10 man. Dont how people will do for 25 man. And i ll probably keep 4t15H with upgrades, since t16 normal are ilvl 541 and 4t15 bonus are much better.
    Last edited by AvatarM; 2013-06-12 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcgn View Post
    I'm going to assume we won't be able to keep this up as itll be mana intensive. If I read Genesis correctly it also expires the Rejuvenation 400% faster while it ticks 400% faster. So we lose our blanket and would have to put Rejuvs out again. I honestly haven't raided outside of LFR this tier (and even that) so I have no idea how mana management is like at this current stage so correct me if Rejuv spamming is viable with the regen we have now.
    Rejuv spamming is indeed viable and even needed on some heroic bosses. Of course not for the whole fight (except Tortos) but for burst phases, and this is where the new Genesis is going to be awesome. I will happily spend more mana for more AoE throughput in burst phases, because I'm usually GCD capped and not mana capped.

Just an example, on heroic IronQon I have a raw throughput (incl. overheal) of 180-200k HPS over 9 minutes, and Rejuv alone is 40% of that. It's definitely a lot of rejuv spamming.

15+ Year Old Account
    The way they word "target ally's location" and being able to relocate the mushroom, it makes it sound like it's not ground droppable now, but you select an ally and plant it, and it drops next to them. You can also select someone else to move it and bloom, so it'll make the whole positioning issue go away.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre