Thread: Shadow T16 Set

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadow T16 Set

What on earth is shadowy recall?

Item - Priest T16 Shadow 2P Bonus (New) Shadowy Recall effects have their critical damage bonus increased by 100%.
    Item - Priest T16 Shadow 4P Bonus (New) Each Shadow Orb consumed for Devouring Plague increases the damage of your next Mind Blast, Shadow Word: Death, or Mind Spike cast within 12 sec by 20%

4 set looks awesome, and may make instant mind spikes decent burst.

Quote Originally Posted by supersnap View Post
    Shadow Mastery
    Ah I see, didn't think it was called shadow recall, I just refer to it as mastery.

inb4 they nerf it to only "Non-Instant Mind Spike"
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    inb4 they nerf it to only "Non-Instant Mind Spike"
    Hah! Icwutyoudidthur..

Some interesting(/really retarded) changes for shadow, the 4pc looks.. odd and makes me wonder what will happen to Solace, will it still be good and we'll just MB > Flay > MB? *shrug* I hope they pick some of this up in testing and change it.

15+ Year Old Account
    More increased synergy between Divine Insight our mastery and orb gen, I like
    Sig by Safhira

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    More increased synergy between Divine Insight our mastery and orb gen, I like
    I remember T13 4p burst... WAS AWESOME.
    This seems even awesomer, a bit closer to "on demand burst" without sacrificing overall fight damage done, compared to T13.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

I feel like they;re really making mastery the go to stat after haste. Which is good imo because the crit vs mastery discussion were getting out of hand i think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not too sure about the 4 set bonus. It seems like it'll only apply to just the first Mind Spike/Mind Blast/SW: Death you cast within those 12 seconds after using Devouring Plague. I can see DI becoming slightly more powerful for the increased DP uptime for single target bosses as a result, but I can't see FDCL becoming better than Insanity if this is the case.

The 2 set hmmmm I like mastery, but at the same time it's only worth anything at all when said mastery ticks crit. So I don't know.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Not too sure about the 4 set bonus. It seems like it'll only apply to just the first Mind Spike/Mind Blast/SW: Death you cast within those 12 seconds after using Devouring Plague. I can see DI becoming slightly more powerful for the increased DP uptime for single target bosses as a result, but I can't see FDCL becoming better than Insanity if this is the case.

The 2 set hmmmm I like mastery, but at the same time it's only worth anything at all when said mastery ticks crit. So I don't know.
    I suppose could also try SW glyph with 4p bonus. The glyph no one ever takes.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boring bonuses, generic as hell design.
    The only good thing is that it's too early to judge and 99% some changes will happen.

Would like to see the new trinkets, And how viable Leishens would be if you get it heroic or maybe even heroic tf with the 2 piece that would be insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    Would like to see the new trinkets, And how viable Leishens would be if you get it heroic or maybe even heroic tf with the 2 piece that would be insane.
    I think that Shadowy Recall is not affected by Lei Shen's trinket proc beyond the 4 second duration.
    Last edited by Robfornow; 2013-06-15 at 12:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Robfornow View Post
    I don't think that Shadowy Recall is not affected by Lei Shen's trinket proc beyond the 4 second duration.
    This is correct. Easy to test for yourself. Just dps a dummy with Mind Flay until the trinket procs and then apply a dot. You'll see 100% crit chance on the dot ticks but very few crits on the mastery procs.

However, Mind Flay: Insanity mastery procs with the 2-pc will be quite insane when they do crit

these bonuses are terrible. +60% to one mindblast or SWD after each DP and harder hitting mastery *crits*? compare these to warlocks who get to chain shadowflame on everything, get 30% to their single target focus while multidotting in affliction, and get substantial crit bonuses for destruction and it's just dumb. realize, also, that since these are mastery ticks that it's going to be slightly worse for insanity than our other dots due to that last insanity while DP is falling off.

these bonuses are nowhere near as strong as t13, and are nowhere near as useful. t13's were all on demand, whereas the only one here we have on demand is the +60% to one out of every three mindblasts.

the only ones worse are the guardian druid bonuses. lol a gimpy hot for a tank - and it only costs you your entire rage bar.

at least they finally pulled their heads out of their asses and nerfed KJC.

They also buffed ToF to be active on 35% HP apparently so IDK if DI will indeed be ahead, at least on multi target situations.

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    They also buffed ToF to be active on 35% HP apparently so IDK if DI will indeed be ahead, at least on multi target situations.
    ToF will activate at 35%, but most of ToF's strength came from ToF fights also being extra SWD orb fights. if they were to give us 35% SWD, however... /pray

15+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of these set bonuses actually. I was okay with them last night, but the more I've thought about them the less exciting they seem. The 4p has a pretty massive synergy with DI just because it will lead to more orbs, more 4p stacks, more damage - so that's probably why they tried to buff ToF uptime to match.

They need to buff Power Infusion again I'm guessing, I'll maybe do some simulations tonight to confirm that.

The 2 piece bonus is generic and unnoticeable.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I am not really a fan of the 2pc, but atleast the bonuses are more interesting than T15. Also just realized that its 20/40/60 not on the next 3 abilities. Pretty much makes DI the go to talent, which im fine with since I don't enjoy the crazy cast times with LMG Lust PI Berserking.

With 2pc it just makes insanity that much more mandatory also, inc 300k insanity mastery crits.

Quote Originally Posted by supersnap View Post
    I am not really a fan of the 2pc, but atleast the bonuses are more interesting than T15. Also just realized that its 20/40/60 not on the next 3 abilities. Pretty much makes DI the go to talent, which im fine with since I don't enjoy the crazy cast times with LMG Lust PI Berserking.

With 2pc it just makes insanity that much more mandatory also, inc 300k insanity mastery crits.
    DI was already the go-to talent because you're going to gcd cap your mindflays in PI otherwise. remember how much of a gear reset 5.2 was... plus more legendary crap...

wtb 4 second mindflays so we can stack haste to 30k.