Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    Cause i heard moonkins already have amazing survivability in pvp
    ohwait
    im gonna die so hard, even harder then hard

Deleted
    Im pretty sure those are actually PvE nerfs. All casters atm are way too good in PvE due to taking much less dmg than melee, doing much more DPS in pretty much every situation and being able to have much better positioning. Now they only do more DPS than melee. While i agree that it was heavily needed for Warlocks, it should be reconsidered for Spriest and Moonkin. Maybe a 10% dmg reduction would be perfect...

But from a melee standpoint you have to see, atm there is no real reason at all to play pve as a melee, aside from loot distribution. This has been the case for 2 expasions now and just cannot be. One solution would be to give melee better CDs/passive reduction, but they decided to strip ranged of any passive reduction isntead. Im sure they are going to adjust Base Resilience though, if its gonna affect PvP too much...

This is a great change, was really silly that in PVE a cloth wearer was tougher than plate wearing dps. That should never be the case.

You can still shield yourselfs, have renew on yourselves and dispersion. Still great survivability.

This is retarded. Shadowform passive reduction and ShadowPriest being one of the tankiest dps specs in PVE was part of our spec. Isn't Shadow nerfed enough in PVP yet?

Void Swap (nerfed for PVE too), Mass Dispell(nerfed for PVE as well) and now this?

I really wonder what they are gonna try and give us to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    Im pretty sure those are actually PvE nerfs. All casters atm are way too good in PvE due to taking much less dmg than melee, doing much more DPS in pretty much every situation and being able to have much better positioning. Now they only do more DPS than melee. While i agree that it was heavily needed for Warlocks, it should be reconsidered for Spriest and Moonkin. Maybe a 10% dmg reduction would be perfect...

But from a melee standpoint you have to see, atm there is no real reason at all to play pve as a melee, aside from loot distribution. This has been the case for 2 expasions now and just cannot be. One solution would be to give melee better CDs/passive reduction, but they decided to strip ranged of any passive reduction isntead. Im sure they are going to adjust Base Resilience though, if its gonna affect PvP too much...
    I would say that the melee getting screwed is a thing of the past, look at this expansion pretty much every mechanic only happens on ranged dps and healers while melee just tunnel.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    This is retarded. Shadowform passive reduction and ShadowPriest being one of the tankiest dps specs in PVE was part of our spec. Isn't Shadow nerfed enough in PVP yet?

Void Swap (nerfed for PVE too), Mass Dispell(nerfed for PVE as well) and now this?

I really wonder what they are gonna try and give us to compensate.

I would say that the melee getting screwed is a thing of the past, look at this expansion pretty much every mechanic only happens on ranged dps and healers while melee just tunnel.
    There are some examples for range only/favoring abilities, but tbh melee are in most cases still in a much higher danger of dying. But i guess thats a point you could argue indefinitely... Either way, there has to be some drawback at being a range class and atm there isnt any. You could easily compose a whole 10man grp with only ranged, but doing it with only melee isnt a possibility at all. In fact every serious 10man guild i know has a maximum of 2 melee dps, most only have 1. Same goes for 25mans, which usually roll with 2-3 plate dps and 3-4 rogues/feral/enh at max...

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    a meele comb kills my sp with 68% resi in under 2.5 seconds from 100% to 0% on live servers....this change is justified, yes, yes indeed
    This so much. Won't play spriest if this goes live in any form.

Deleted
    I'm throwing in the towel now, it's not gonna go well trying to PvP on my priest anymore. The spec is already gutted, and a huge subject to meleetraining. I can't even massdispell a fucking frostbomb in a duel before he has already dished off 80% of my health.

What do you get if you have a class, that has supercrappy movement, unable to kite, damage tied to heavy casting and channeling, and the only defensive cooldown being able to be locked out by interrupt? A Priest. Now the way you used to be able to handle this is by being sort of a tank in PvP, as well as being babysat & peeled by a heavy-cc:er. Let's just say i have no hope of surviving when i can't kite, can't tank, can't CC(melee's have multiple trinkets to any of our tools) and can't damage as soon as there is 1 melee on you.

There has already been a ton of nerfs for spriests since 5.1, more than 10 i can assure you, not just the void shift and massdispell people try to mention. All i want is massdispell fast-cast, shadowform 15% and dispersion on interrupt back. I can live with the other things, but this just tips the jug over.

Fuck this game.

Deleted
    Blizzard logic is.. having no logic at all, melee got buffs last patch and its hard enough to stay alive when trained. And now they plan to nerf the damage reduction/survivability of Shadowpriests or any caster almost for that part making melee even stronger and easier to tunnel some one down with. GG, really.. GG!

The only possible good thing that could come from this is finally letting us flash heal from Shadow Form, but at this point why does it even exist anymore?
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    I always RIP... in peace, don't you?
    Unless you only YOLO once.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

I think i'm pissed of not about pve or pvp but because they are changing an old and classic mechanic wich where with us since beginning of wow.

Blizzard are changing world of warcraft in some way that the classes are losing their natural characteristic bacause the lack of criativity in solve the balance problems.

Seems we are going to an dead end where the diferrence between classes will be only some diferent spell animations.

10+ Year Old Account
    but at this point why does it even exist anymore?
    Visuals of course. They could remove the 15% damage and make it purely aesthetic at this point though.

I think i'm pissed of not about pve or pvp but because they are changing an old and classic mechanic wich where with us since beginning of wow.
    Agreed. Shadow was about life drain/heal mana reg using mind attacking/altering magic.
    Now it's just random caster mob #4456.

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    My exact point. Because melees needed more buffs in PvP, but making their own abilities deal more dmg was just too plain..
    Not to mention how hard this hits us all in PvE as well..
    How often do you find yourself <15% HP in PvE as a DPS when it isn't a wipe? And like it'll change your ability to dispersion soak. As for the PvP aspect, I never understood the supposed shortfall of wearing cloth when talents and passives offset them to the point you might as well have been wearing plate.

Next thing to make sp not to be sp. I suggest to make one class with four specs in next expansion, melee, tank, ranged, healer . They are just killing this game, dunno why they are so blind...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    As a melee please restrain yourself from replying here and go tunnel something instead.
    Someone's awkwardly nergrage-y.

OT: This is very early datamining, and they've been removed from Shadow, Balance and Warlocks. It's either intended and probably deserved (I don't PvP much these days), or it's a bug/missing information (damage reductions being moved, for example).

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 01:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa View Post
    Next thing to make sp not to be sp. I suggest to make one class with four specs in next expansion, melee, tank, ranged, healer . They are just killing this game, dunno why they are so blind...
    Yes, a possible removal of a 15% passive damage reduction is "killing the game".

Get real.

15+ Year Old Account
    why would you need a 15% damage decrease when you have 65% resilience? surely this is to balance the game more if they're doing it to all classes

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaine View Post
    why would you need a 15% damage decrease when you have 65% resilience? surely this is to balance the game more if they're doing it to all classes
    This was a built in feature to shadowform from a long time ago before many classes had part any form of passive damage reduction. So from a PvE perspective a spriest will be losing one of its unique abilities due to the class homogenization which has occurred over the years. On top of that, shadow is the only ranged class currently that has no ability to peel melee effectively. In other words, you need to be a tank to be able to pump out some damage.

Just to note, this is me speaking as if the spriest is having to deal with a melee cleave comp. A spriest against a caster cleave is not much of an issue except the off healing still needs to be toned down some (imo).
    Last edited by scadouche; 2013-06-12 at 02:19 PM.

This was definitely needed and a long time coming. It simply isn't fair that some folks take so much less damage than others, passively. Coming from a long time shadow priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Yes, a possible removal of a 15% passive damage reduction is "killing the game".

Get real.
    Ok for those like you: Next thing to make sp not to be sp. Random sarcasm. They are just killing this game, dunno why they are so blind...

And if you want to react, just check numbers ^^

Get context.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    How often do you find yourself <15% HP in PvE as a DPS when it isn't a wipe?
    Pretty sure it happened more times than you've killed a heroic boss.
    Not only Dispersion is our soaking mechanic. Shadowform is one of them as well.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years