Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    People still do challenge modes?

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    I did them back on xmas and I'm very very sure it didn't. Was it a bug back then? Don't know, but we did it without having to clean most of the cathedral.
    I did them in October, the boss pulled all mobs around him.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    So what if people get carries? If you're 5 good people that aren't carried, you'll beat 3 good people that are carrying 2 mouthbreathers. Yeah it'd suck going back to get the best time again but oh well, it encourages more people to do it for a cool title and that's really the intent I believe.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    i had server best stormstout brewery time for over a month and a half...but since its REALM best people will buy golds from other servers and get the FOS instead. Makes sense.
    As Gnoe said realm best takes 3 people from the same server, so while it is possible to buy them (especially if you let other people play your chars) 99% of boosters wont bother with it. Most people who "boost" in challenge modes quite frankly also suck ass at it and would never be able to get the server best achivement unless they played all 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    I did them back on xmas and I'm very very sure it didn't. Was it a bug back then? Don't know, but we did it without having to clean most of the cathedral.
    Pulling the boss has always pulled the cathedral, besides if it is done right you will need to kill everything inside the cathedral anyways and if you are too quick you will be 1-2 mobs short (some npc inside resses an enemy every x seconds).

---------- Post added 2013-06-16 at 08:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Anyone happen to know what the other titles are? It says Siegebreaker for Siege of Niuzao and Darkmaster for Scholomance
    Darkmaster - Scholomance
    Flameweaver - Scarlet Halls
    Jade Protector - Jade Serpent
    Mogu-Slayer - Mogushan Palace
    Purified Defender - Shadopan Monastery
    Scarlet Commander - Scarlet Monastary
    Siegebreaker - Siege of Niuzao
    Stormbrewer - Stormstout Brewery
    Defender of the Wall - Gate of the Setting Sun (not sure about this one)

All titles except for Gate is <Title> <Name> and thats why I'm not sure about that one (Gate is <Name>, <Title>). I found all those titles at http://ptr.wowhead.com/titles=0 and I'm 99% sure that they are correct.
    Last edited by mmocaa84e3d5fa; 2013-06-16 at 08:21 PM.

Deleted
    Man, I'd love to get the Scholomance one, but the "realm best" status is currently held by a group that did it a whole 8 minutes faster than my current (and first, we've never tried to beat it) gold run there, by a group of people from another realm.

Its a feat of strength, and not to sure, but title until you lose the ranking? At least it will keep challenge modes interesting as people will always try the cheezest tactics and burst through gold mode. I just want a shot at gold mode just for the xmog but been to lazy to put a group together
    But i do hope this doesn't go beyond feat of strength since it will be a pain in the ass to get imo. Almost like rank 1 gladiator but involves npcs.
    I definitely see a lot of people xfering to more or so dead realms just to achieve this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Try reading what I wrote 2 posts above yours.
    I did, and I specifically said you can't play better than someone abusing the system. Why don't you try reading what I wrote.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    I did, and I specifically said you can't play better than someone abusing the system. Why don't you try reading what I wrote.
    Just because someone cheats it does not mean they are unbeatable. Your statement would only be true if those people played 100% perfect while also exploiting. This may come as a shock to you but 7/9 world records are current 100% legit and as I said I know one of the remaining ones can be beat no doubt while the other one will be extremely hard to beat but it should still be possible.

99% of all realms is not affected by those cheaters as very few people actually cheated during those couple of hours the exploit was possible. If you really feel so strongly about it you should report those individual people to get their time deleted rather than resetting the leaderboard which would affect (and piss off) thousands of people.

As Gnoe said realm best takes 3 people from the same server, so while it is possible to buy them (especially if you let other people play your chars) 99% of boosters wont bother with it. Most people who "boost" in challenge modes quite frankly also suck ass at it and would never be able to get the server best achivement unless they played all 5 characters.

Pulling the boss has always pulled the cathedral, besides if it is done right you will need to kill everything inside the cathedral anyways and if you are too quick you will be 1-2 mobs short (some npc inside resses an enemy every x seconds).

---------- Post added 2013-06-16 at 08:18 PM ----------

Darkmaster - Scholomance
    Flameweaver - Scarlet Halls
    Jade Protector - Jade Serpent
    Mogu-Slayer - Mogushan Palace
    Purified Defender - Shadopan Monastery
    Scarlet Commander - Scarlet Monastary
    Siegebreaker - Siege of Niuzao
    Stormbrewer - Stormstout Brewery
    Defender of the Wall - Gate of the Setting Sun (not sure about this one)

All titles except for Gate is <Title> <Name> and thats why I'm not sure about that one (Gate is <Name>, <Title>). I found all those titles at http://ptr.wowhead.com/titles=0 and I'm 99% sure that they are correct.
    Best title for a warlock.

Siegebreaker sounds cool, Gate of the Setting Sun should have had "Gatekeeper" Title :/

Just because someone cheats it does not mean they are unbeatable. Your statement would only be true if those people played 100% perfect while also exploiting. This may come as a shock to you but 7/9 world records are current 100% legit and as I said I know one of the remaining ones can be beat no doubt while the other one will be extremely hard to beat but it should still be possible.

99% of all realms is not affected by those cheaters as very few people actually cheated during those couple of hours the exploit was possible. If you really feel so strongly about it you should report those individual people to get their time deleted rather than resetting the leaderboard which would affect (and piss off) thousands of people.
    Just to comfirm what pacer said, another one of the "exploited" world record was beaten by my group yesterday in a very far from perfect run. It's still possible to knock at least 30 sec of that time (as I'm sure pacer's group will very soon) leaving mogushan palace with the only bugged world record. And it's only a matter of time before that one gets taken out too.