Poll: Do you think Bliz will actually nerf KJC?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This is such BS, and in the middle of an expansion no less.

We are not mages or shamans that at least have effective roots. This is the only reason why Demonology is even VIABLE in random battlegrounds. This HUGE mobility nerf is such BS for PvPers.

Affliction is dead and gone, now they're coming for Destro and Demonology! Ugh, I wouldn't care if they nerf other sources, but KJC is the nail in the coffin.

I also heard they will also be nerfing warlock's survivability. So say HELLO to a gimped class once again.

Not to mention, I don't have enough keybinds for this crap.

Ugh. When can ESO be here.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 2013-06-12 at 08:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    That's what they do now, cater to the masses.

If you cry long enough with enough people you get classes nerfed.

Edit: So i guess, TO THE FORUMS!
    Don't bother. They ban people who say anything the slightest bit against any design of their's even when it's clearly a PoS. You want to get it through that melon that Street calls a skull? Post on Twitter and get all your friends to do so also.

If he had a brain in there he'd just remove KJC as a Talent, give ALL Casting Classes it and try designing something on par with MF, or AV. Of course.. that would mean he'd have to be more intelligent and actually have a spark of genius like Xelnath did. Ergo we'll get boned.
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2013-06-12 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukahn View Post
    Don't bother. They ban people who say anything the slightest bit against any design of their's even when it's clearly a PoS. You want to get it through that melon that Street calls a skull? Post on Twitter and get all your friends to do so also.
    Agreed. And besides, who really checks the official WoW forums lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    All I saw was

Patch Notes:

Warlocks fun factor nerfed by 700%

Tell me about it. Good thing I didn't renew my subscription.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I do think they will nerf it, because GC wants back to the day where moving actually hurts all casters and not just some of them.

I'm just a little surprised that they do it mid expansion.

Sadly, my little lock alt won't be 90 soon enough to at least try it out. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yes I do think they will nerf it, because GC wants back to the day where moving actually hurts all casters and not just some of them.

I'm just a little surprised that they do it mid expansion.

Sadly, my little lock alt won't be 90 soon enough to at least try it out. :/
    GC never said that lol. He's said in the past that not moving and casting was "old school" and not a good direction for the game to go in order to advance.

Did nobody play locks prior to MoP?

Just curious why everyone feels so entitled to being able to cast while moving and acting like changing it is taking away from the very nature of what made a lock, when prior to this expansion you had to stand and cast like everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Did nobody play locks prior to MoP?

Just curious why everyone feels so entitled to being able to cast while moving and acting like changing it is taking away from the very nature of what made a lock, when prior to this expansion you had to stand and cast like everybody else.
    Well to bad warlocks aren't anything like they used to be lol

Quote Originally Posted by Leonofhyjal View Post
    Well to bad warlocks aren't anything like they used to be lol
    Still, the way people are crying and moaning in this thread you'd think KJC was the sole reason anyone here ever rolled a lock.

Deleted
    Still, the way people are crying and moaning in this thread you'd think KJC was the sole reason anyone here ever rolled a lock.
    Might be because before we had KJC we actualy had spells to cast while moving.

Might be because before we had KJC we actualy had spells to cast while moving.
    You realize Fel Flame was given to us primarily so we would HAVE something to cast while moving, since prior to that we really didn't? And we got that in Cata. We still have that. Beyond that, we refreshed our instant dots and or curses(and in some cases, hoped for a proc to give us an instant, like a Nightfall Sbolt).

Gief old MF back!
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

No, but when you go and make Affliction revolve around using channeling to use their DoTs to really do more than tickle a mob, then take away the ability to be mobile while doing so, it really hurts what was established as their playstyle. Still, this seems to be Blizzard's way, always trying to generate 'New Coke' moments. Make something suck, then make something go back to not sucking to trick people into going AMG BLIZZ IS AWESUM AMG. Or so they seem to think, apparently.

Deleted
    You realize Fel Flame was given to us primarily so we would HAVE something to cast while moving, since prior to that we really didn't? And we got that in Cata. We still have that. Beyond that, we refreshed our instant dots and or curses(and in some cases, hoped for a proc to give us an instant, like a Nightfall Sbolt).
    You realize that for affliction, randomly Fel Flaming is going to do more harm then good right? Might not be huge for Demo/Destro (disregarding the insane mana cost)

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh Ghostcrawler's just like a High School bully at the end of the day. He picks classes he doesnt like. He beats on them. Calls it balance and then uplifts his little clique classes. Just don't buy games he makes and his future employers will get the hint. He'll gtfo out of the industry when he's unemployable and things will improve.

You realize that for affliction, randomly Fel Flaming is going to do more harm then good right? Might not be huge for Demo/Destro (disregarding the insane mana cost)
    You realize that's basically how it always was for Aff(they didn't used to have an option to randomly FF), going back to my point about people acting like they rolled a lock solely for cast while moving ability?

Yes, losing the ability to cast while moving is unfortunate...but being unable to cast while moving should NOT come as some sort of system shock to people who played locks through the prior 3 expansions.

You know, I understand the "In my day it was so bad blah blah blah uphill both ways blah blah" mentality, except for the part where I don't understand it at all.

Casting only when standing still: feels like 2003
    Cast while moving: an upgrade in fun

I remember a day before my cellphone, and I survived just fine without it. But, if someone steals it today, I won't say "Oh wells! I did fine before I even had it!"

I'll say "Damn! Playing puzzle and dragon on my phone while I wait for my food at Subway or wherever is a lot more fun than just sitting there and doing nothing. I want the fun back!"

Just because the fun is new, doesn't mean that it doesn't suck when it goes away.

WTF is even with you saying that? Are you denying that casting while moving adds new flavor to the class? It implies that the only concern you have while playing is "how many numbers do I have", and I think a lot of people (several million based on sub losses since Cata and MoP started to make you invest pain-in-the-ass amounts of time to give you more numbers) don't like playing that way.

It's more entertaining to be able to cast while I'm moving than it is to have to stand PERFECTLY STILL to cast spells, and I'll lose a lot of interest in my warlock if I can't do so.

I've got 9 other characters that I can play: why keep playing the one that just had it's fun nerfed? Hell, I've got a ton of other games to play.

So yeah, I think some people actually _did_ play warlock for KJC, i seem to remember a few people in the thread so far implying just that, and I do think that warlock starts being a little pointless compared to mage or SP without it.

Removing it just seems cruel, considering it isn't even that great a talent to begin with (mechanically) compared to how much fun it is.

I mean, seriously. The level 90 talent that _all it does_ is let you move while casting, and even _imposes a penalty_ when you use it. Isn't that kind of like Titan's Grip for warriors, that let's you DW 2handed weapons, except you move 30% slower? Would anyone even take that talent? It's so ridiculously underbalanced just to provide you with a simple gameplay mechanic to increase how fluid and organic your gameplay is while providing very little mechanical improvement; but somehow it needs to be nerfed? FFS won't you lose damage from spending the global casting it just compared to freaking felflaming unless you're Aff anyways?

Nerfing it is ridiculous, and I truly hope they won't. Honestly, it's time to just _let_ casters move while casting anyway. Is there a single game besides WoW that imposes a movement restriction on spellcasting anymore? It's mind-boggling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Uh.. Nobody takes Burning Rush.
    I use Burning Rush for all fights except Jin'rokh, here I give it up for Unbound Will.
    Out of interest, what talent would you pick over Burning Rush?

Wait..so now we have to cast it to enable it? Its no longer a passive?

Meh.

Deleted
    Whole reason i even bothered fixing a warlock to lv 90 was cause of being able to move and cast.
    I had an elemental shaman first, got to lvl 74 then mop hit and warlocks got KJC... Now i thought, casting elemental bolt or casting EVERY SPELL I HAVE while moving? And then i fixed myself a warlock.

Now i won't even touch him anymore =( Like ever.. I guess i'll start lvling my shaman again!