Poll: Do you think Bliz will actually nerf KJC?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    really pissed off at the rain of fire change, i loved using that from day 1, never looked at guides since i can play my lock just fine, but i used rain of fire due to it adding more substance to the spec, yet idiots who felt they had to use it wanted it gone, really, people complain at added complexity and want it removed, if you couldnt use it, dont use it...
    I agree, correct RoF usage made Destro more fun to me (plus my shiny green fire!). But it seems they don't like AoE (reticle) spells fit in single target rotation. They did the same with frost mages removing pet freeze from single target rotation.

couldnt they just buff dots but only allow UA and Agony to be on 2 targets at once but corruption on more or something to keep aff damage high but prevent multi dottting getting too absurd

Deleted
    i never used it initially for dps gain, i used it solely for ember generation, which charged up embers in case you need to use more burst or self healing, my play style allowed me to do all of that, hope they change it, really hope those who whinged at having to do it, just bugger off, seriously, if you cant do it, dont do it, rather dont complain about it

I'm not sure they're going in the right direction with making Fel Flame have a cast time. As pointed out earlier, that only serves to make Warlocks vulnerable to having both Fire/Shadow spells interrupted in PVP or in PVE(ex. Animus, Blackhorn, any other 'Disrupting Shout' boss mechanic).

I also got bored this morning and decided to squander a couple of minutes in MS Paint regarding the KJC changes.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

Deleted
    I think the recent change might work.

10:60 seems like a better idea, and Fel Flame not refreshing dots will help + more dmg into dots/Haunt. Will it be enough, we will see!

Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    couldnt they just buff dots but only allow UA and Agony to be on 2 targets at once but corruption on more or something to keep aff damage high but prevent multi dottting getting too absurd
    That would work but I don't think Blizzard want to remove DoT classes' niche, which is dealing damage over time to as many targets as possible.

It's not easy to balance it and prevent for being overpowered w/o shifting damage to fillers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the fck they decided to give fel flame a cast time now?! hey we dont like you to cast spells while moving , so heres spell you can cast while moving... logic. Keep it instant , maybe add some sort of ice lance mechanics , like if immolate / ua / doom is on target, it does more dmg or smth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fennixx View Post
    So, how you enjoying "root myself within 2 spots" (Root, ops, Rune of power) and/or "stop dpsing for 3 secs every minute" (invocation)?

How fun is it compared to cast 100% on the move or have all AoE spells radius buffed by 500%?
    How fun is it to cast for 10 secs on the move every minute or have my AoE only be much bigger for 10 secs every minute? Not very fun nor practical if you ask me.

And weren't you one of the people who felt that the class was dying and you were going to quit as well given the new changes?

Let he who is without sin cast the first Chaos Bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagecamia View Post
    How fun is it to cast for 10 secs on the move every minute or have my AoE only be much bigger for 10 secs every minute? Not very fun nor practical if you ask me.

And weren't you one of the people who felt that the class was dying and you were going to quit as well given the new changes?

Let he who is without sin cast the first Chaos Bolt.
    Well, I actually stopped playing for a month and a half. Still hate lvl90 talents for mages. But my guild needs all my toons quite often. Right now, playing a mage is like a duty (and general addiction to my first toon), playing lock and my holy paladin is for fun.

This changes nothing. KJC still OP (on live). MF change still doesn't make much sense (100% increased dmg?). And AV still bad as a concept.

We should be providing feedback to enhance this post-nerf lvl90 tier, not defending to death an overpowered (and unintended!) talent.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Honestly this is kind of pathetic. They gutted dest and offered nothing of any substance on how that is going to work. Without RoF where are the embers coming from etc. Demo, the strongest spec atm seems to be getting a buff and and aff seems to get a buff to AOE.
    The fel flame change is a slap in the face IMO and i would expect most of this to be changed before 5.4
    Weirdly enough I don't remember many fights where distance between AoE phases is 1 minute. I wouldn't be surprised this will be a nerf. Not to mention FnB ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    Why the fck they decided to give fel flame a cast time now?! hey we dont like you to cast spells while moving , so heres spell you can cast while moving... logic. Keep it instant , maybe add some sort of ice lance mechanics , like if immolate / ua / doom is on target, it does more dmg or smth.
    Because...
    Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler 15 Jun

@AustinGincott I may be wrong, but my hunch is most locks aren't upset because of the talents. I think they just want to cast while moving.
    I can pretty much say for certain I'm upset when AV doesn't do enough damage over an encounter to equate to an additional couple of Shadow Bolts. Granted it's completely passive, but it should be offering something actually tangiable to make you consider whether it might just trump the others at least sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    TyrianFC is doing nothing but trolling at the moment.

I realize mods frown upon calling out other posters for trolling but it's hindering proper discussion. If you (the troll) refuse to even attempt to enter into reasoned debate then you should stop posting or be banned. The alternative we're experiencing now is having TyrianFC say something like:

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    You wish.

KJC was given to warlocks simply because the dev's went all out in the warlock revamp for Pandaria.
    and then seeing 20 people respond to it. It's not helping anyone or furthering anything. We're seeing blues test changes that won't fix much of anything because we can't offer proper feedback or discuss ideas because we're too focused on letting every butthurt non-warlock speak their mind with impunity.

Here I was thinking that mods were around to foster proper discussion but it seems like they're happy having everyone be polite in response to trolling. We've tried being nice and giving people the benefit of the doubt and it's not working.

Start handing out warnings for obvious trolling instead, please.

---------- Post added 2013-06-19 at 01:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    10:60 seems like a better idea
    Why? It's the same 16% up-time as before so why would it be better? Not having a go. I'm honestly curious to see whether I'm missing something here.

At the moment I'm thinking it's shit. RPPM trinkets are balanced around proc'ing once every minute and they last for 20 seconds. Which means we should be able to move during procs 50% of the time if they always proc together. Obviously that does not happen but it gives us a frame of reference to start with.

Baking MORE of afflictions damage into haunt just makes the above scenario even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Fel Flame not refreshing dots will help + more dmg into dots/Haunt. Will it be enough, we will see!
    The blue post said that MG damage was being reduced and that damage would be moved into haunt/dots instead. They're shuffling the problem one side of the equation to the other but the equation still = no damage while moving.

5.3: RPPM + Haunt + buffed dots + MG + KJC allowing for haunt/mg spam when trinkets proc for full duration = current DPS

5.4: RPPM + Haunt (being buffed) + buffed dots (being buffed) + MG (being nurfed) + KJC allowing for haunt/mg spam for, at best, half of the duration of haunt = broken spec for 5.4

Buffing haunt and dots is the not answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rife, stop accusing people who disagree with you of trolling. The simple fact is the snare didn't offer enough of a downside to make people consider the alternatives, because it really is no downside at all. Sure, people keep saying that 'here, here and here it's bad'; I'm sure Blizzard are aware of that and thought/expected that would be more commonplace. They were wrong, it worked out too much and so it's being nerfed.

It's not a vote, because if it was we'd still have Drain Mana and Blood Fear for example, and using them as a benchmark of how to gauge a talent as OP by the amount of QQ against its nerfing/removal; KJC is holding up pretty strongly as one of those.

I agree, there are too many self pitying 'If they change this I'll quit' posts which aren't constructive and do exactly as above in highlighting that it is an issue, but also muddy the waters horribly as to what that issue is they're highlighting. GC said he believes players just want to cast while moving, so they did that abberation of a change to Fel Flame so players could cast and move. That's not the issue at hand. The issues we should be focusing on are the real ones:

1. That too much damage for Affliction is tied to MG channelling, which is a huge impediment to movement and that in turn makes KJC incredibly valuable to that spec.
    2. That the alternative talents have no relation to eachother.
    - AV doesn't do enough to ask players whether it or KJC would offer more.
    - MF is just off on its own somewhere being awesome on some encounters and useless everywhere else.

By fixing both of these, a nerf to KJC to ensure movement was a 'thing' wouldn't feel nearly so terrible.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2013-06-18 at 03:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post

I realize mods frown upon calling out other posters for trolling but it's hindering proper discussion. If you (the troll) refuse to even attempt to enter into reasoned debate then you should stop posting or be banned. The alternative we're experiencing now is having TyrianFC say something like:

and then seeing 20 people respond to it. It's not helping anyone or furthering anything. We're seeing blues test changes that won't fix much of anything because we can't offer proper feedback or discuss ideas because we're too focused on letting every butthurt non-warlock speak their mind with impunity.

Here I was thinking that mods were around to foster proper discussion but it seems like they're happy having everyone be polite in response to trolling. We've tried being nice and giving people the benefit of the doubt and it's not working.

Start handing out warnings for obvious trolling instead, please.[COLOR="red"]
    Just ignore them. The forum allows you to do it. When nobody will ever respond to them the problem will be solved with great satisfaction.

I received an infraction for calling Jessicka a troll after dozen of unanswered motivation by purpose. No big deal. Ignore the user, i bet you don't pay attention to every "questionable" ideas in your RL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorthan View Post
    Just ignore them.
    Oh man. I didn't even know you could do that!

Thanks.

Brighter forum'ing days ahead.

10+ Year Old Account

Start handing out warnings for obvious trolling instead, please.
    We do indeed not call out other posters as trolls, as it hinders proper discussion. Be assured we read reports when you report posts and handle them accordingly. If you feel that a thread is not being moderated despite filing reports then I suggest you take it up with Sunshine, one of the administrators, or use the "Contact us" option on the right, at the top of the page.

We do not allow moderation discussion on the forums, so I suggest we stay off this topic, and stay off the topic of calling out people as trolls. I have not seen anything but differing opinions so far which can be resolved by normal debate and argumentation.

Oh man. I didn't even know you could do that!

Thanks.

Brighter forum'ing days ahead.

Even if you disagree with people and they infuriate you, it's good that they make you think and organize your own thoughts to dispute them.

Granted some also make me bang my head against a wall. But my brain needed a good shaking anyway.

Mmhh, what if KJC is redesigned with a small DPS loss penalty when the caster moves?

Or a ligher casting speed penalty (like at the beginning, not as punishing, tho).

Point is, as of now, the talent has the same chances to either get nerfed, overhauled or stay untouched.
    Devs know already, they made the mistake of KJC with just the speed penalty, then they balanced affliction and destro around it (was obvious they did). Now they can't go back with just scrapping away the talent without (imho) strong DPS compensation.

Giving fillers the chance to cast on move, it works for destruction, but not for affliction. Allowing MG to be cast on the move is as much as not nerfing KJC at all.

Oh well, i play demonology, i don't really care about that talent anyway :X

inb4 we have another multidotting "crisis" because they're shifting damage from MG to dots and haunt
    my rank 1's from years ago don't mean dookie now lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara senko View Post
    Ive never played anything but my warlock so ive never thought too much about how a melee can constantly move while casters must stand still most of the time.

After using kc for the past 6 months it seems very silly that we should be casting a filler spell standing still. I guess my ignorance was bliss, but now that i see the light it's like wtf... Casting while standing still seems so primal at this point in wow.

They will probably end up giving all casters full movement during filler eventually, but wont be until next expansion.

At this point in the game it just seems very silly to have to stand still to cast drain soul, for 12 very long seconds
    This did not need it's own thread. Please look for an appropriate thread to post in before making a new one.