Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    When SotF procs, does it just put AC on a global when you pop it? It doesn't try to channel, correct?

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 07:55 PM ----------

So *far* it appears that the healing for Balance Druids with HotW is 50%, while Restoration is only 25%, comparing the buff tooltips in the PTR versions of the spells:

Resto Heart of the Wild
    Balance Heart of the Wild
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    When SotF procs, does it just put AC on a global when you pop it? It doesn't try to channel, correct?
    That would be correct.

Edit: My Starfall and Sun Bolt are doing around 800 damage, each making up for 0.2% of my damage.
    Last edited by mmoc2b34e10d14; 2013-06-13 at 08:27 PM.

Ignore the numbers, they're just placeholders. This phase of PTR is about mechanics only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Despite View Post
    I have seen no one yet who thinks that the 4set is well designed, and according to a previous poster the 2set is really lackluster. We discuss this stuff here and on EJ, but how do we get this data to bliz so they can actually see the entire moonkin community discussion?
    The most visible place to put PTR feedback is on the PTR forums themselves. I believe Cyous has an extensive thread on the topic here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9280508673

Remember that the discussion that should take place in that thread (and here) are mechanics arguments, not damage output. As huth has said frequently, numbers will be changed as Blizzard progresses with the PTR, but mechanics may not. Since the 4-piece is terribly designed and the de-synchronisation it causes makes a talent choice seem sub-par, that should be a good point to raise.

I want my NS+HT macro back - RIGHT NOW!!! This is BS!

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    I want my NS+HT macro back - RIGHT NOW!!! This is BS!
    And that's pretty darn useless feedback. If you can't spell out why you want it back, you might as well not say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And that's pretty darn useless feedback. If you can't spell out why you want it back, you might as well not say anything.
    Can I not vent anymore with my buddies here in this forum? geez

I mostly used NS+HT quite a lot during raids as a holy shit button and some times to help save someone's asses. Understand it might be OP for pvp stuff.

Deleted
    I'm a little sad they've done absolutely nothing with Wild Mushrooms for Balance. They could've done something similar like they did for Restoration. Maybe have it accumulate solar energy, and once it's fully charged, you can detonate it for some damage and enemies within the Fungal Growth will be affected by Insect Swarm?

I'm thinking utopia, but I'll give it a go:
    - SoTF procs in every eclipse to completely avoid casting outside of eclipse.
    - Spending on average less than 10 seconds in each eclipse. Shaves about 42 seconds off of CA CD. 180 = X * (Y+3). X being the amount of eclipses, Y the time spent in each eclipse. If Y is 10, X calculates to 14, 14 * 3 = 42. I'm a cow, so feel free to correct me if my math is off. To put it in words. CA would be ready 42 seconds sooner, or every ~140 seconds - 2 m 20 sec. For a 10 min fight, you would be able to use CA one extra time.
    - This would mean CA could be used more often, but it's hardly once every fight. Very weak 4 set bonus, and as far as I can see, this example would be best case scenario.
    - It's possible eclipses could be done shorter, we still want to refresh dots, starfall and sometimes even move a bit.

What are the chances they got some alternative 4 set bonus hidden somewhere?

Deleted
    Excited for Ysera's Gift and the two-piece bonus. I couldn't care less for for SotF right now, AC really shouldn't be an ability included in our rotation.

Oh yeah, and hopefully they'll change the four-piece bonus, so Incarnation is actually useable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kugs View Post
    What are the chances they got some alternative 4 set bonus hidden somewhere?
    I think chances it won't make it off PTR seem fairly good. What we get instead, who knows.

Ysera's gift has one downside i noticed so far... it puts you into combat if it targets somebody in combat currently. Since you have no control over it beyond constantly injuring yourself, we should lobby for that being changed.

Aside from that, it seems to have ~25-30y range and will heal 5% of your health modified by any healing taken mods on the target every 5 seconds until you change your tier 2 talent. No duration or anything, you just heal people simply by sitting on your ass and being there.

Aside from that, it seems to have ~25-30y range and will heal 5% of your health modified by any healing taken mods on the target every 5 seconds until you change your tier 2 talent. No duration or anything, you just heal people simply by sitting on your ass and being there.
    Will Might of Ursoc increase healing done?

Yes. 5% of your maximum health, after all buffs. Might get a tad ridiculous for a T16 bear in random heroics.

Deleted
    3 Things from the PTR:

1. I read about Yseras Gift not working while in moonkin form, but on the ptr it's working in every shapeshifted form. So it's a wrong information or do they change it?

2. I tested the 2p bonus. WIth heroic PVE(540) gear pvp gear(500) and no gear(except for 2 set items) and it always made the same amount of dmg from 700 - 900 dmg. If there is no scaling coming to it, it's pretts worthless.

3. For all the trolls amongst us. Berserking gets screwed up the same way as Incarnation does from the 4p bonus. When CAs CD gets reduced, then you can't use them every 3 minutes together.
    Last edited by mmoc1418789645; 2013-06-14 at 06:10 PM.

1. Probably a datamining error. The tooltip stated that it can't be cast in Moonkin, but since it's not cast anyway, that's kind of nonsensical.

2. And i repeat again: Ignore numbers. Only talk mechanics. I don't think it needs any scaling to be worthwile, just appropriately balanced numbers(imagine it hitting for a few k). Remember that this is just for one tier, not a permanent mechanic.

3. Just another blow against the 4p. This one is just mechanically poor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just back from a long break and getting back into my Boomkin, only caster I have at level cap, my first guy to level cap back in vanilla. These changes make me not want to waste my time gearing him up now. Already looked like it would be frustrating in pvp but now it's like what's the point.

I hate having a pet, hate the totem mechanic. so I guess I have no real ranged DPS option any more. Awesome.
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

TBH, I am not concerned with the new proposed changes to balance for the current iteration of the PTR. Another passive in ysera's gift gives some of us lazier folks one less button to push. My concern for boomkin... once again is hurricane. Just an awful spell all around. You know what I mean if you've played moonkin much this expansion. I see a lot of fun and powerful changes to resto wild mushrooms every single patch, but once again balance's mushrooms are unmodified, despite their very situational and moderate use in both pvp and pve. The simplest solution I see to moonkin AE would be a mushroom buff, not even a redesign as resto has been gifted with in 5.4.

Please correct me if anyone actually enjoys channeling/spamming hurricane?

Deleted
    2. And i repeat again: Ignore numbers. Only talk mechanics. I don't think it needs any scaling to be worthwile, just appropriately balanced numbers(imagine it hitting for a few k). Remember that this is just for one tier, not a permanent mechanic.
    The mechanic sounds kinda nice but my point with the numbers was, that the balancing will be difficult. I think a set bonus shouldn't be something like 0.5% and it also shoudn't be something like 5%.

Reducing the CD on CA is on of the worst things i can imagine happening to moonkins. If they can't think about something better, why don't they pick another "X has the chance to procc an Y companion to fight by your side for z seconds" like other classes. Would be better then completely desynchronizing CDs and racials.

Quote Originally Posted by Lascalpa View Post
    The mechanic sounds kinda nice but my point with the numbers was, that the balancing will be difficult. I think a set bonus shouldn't be something like 0.5% and it also shoudn't be something like 5%.
    What makes you think that is hard? All you need to do for that is divide the intended DPS by the procs per second(which are fairly static since we're unlikely to go for any more haste BPs) and you've got your damage per proc. Giving it scaling would actually make things more complicated, though not by much.

The 4p is a completely different beast, though. The desynchronising will likely introduce all manners of unintended side effects.

Deleted
    Well let's see whats happening to the bonus in the next days/weeks. Since the ptr just started I think we have to wait for the first fixes.