Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    All I can really say about the 60% armour boost is "it's better than nothing". I'm still holding out hope that we will still see that "active mitigation" that Lore teased us with last week, even though I don't really want another button to push. Maybe we could just get 2 charges of Barkskin like how treants work or what Clemency does for some Paladin abilities.

Well, it certainly reminds me of the olden days... though back then, we had 360%, not just 60%.

Will it be +60% armor or 60% more of our current armor (scales)? How do I calculate how much physical reduction is that armor?

Edit: What I would love to see is an ability like Trap Launcher in a relatively long CD that will make one of Moonfire or Sunfire each time have a big targeting circle and apply the dot in all the enemies in the area. That would be so cool :P
    Last edited by Juvencus; 2013-06-21 at 09:18 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broodling67 View Post
    All I can really say about the 60% armour boost is "it's better than nothing".
    i guess we can´t complain. we have a small cd called "barkskin" and a pretty strong one with symbiosis. Indeed I was wondering why we still had dhe 15% dmg reduce ^^

Did anyone try the new T2 talent "Ysera's Gift". Is it worth skilling it or just a piece of crap that produces overheal? :-/

Blizzard fails to notice problems with our 4 piece set bonus. Well, let's see. Warlocks cried a river of tears on forums and blizzard acknowledged that they can't touch that talent. They can't make changes that will cause a drop in subscriptions.

Number of boomkins is much lower than warlocks and we don't have enough whiners on forums

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, we lose our passive -15% in favor for 'more active mitigation' and then we get a 60% armor modifier I'm just hoping for an ability along the lines of CoS or AMS to counter spell damage then (unless blizz actually thought we already had more than enough defensive cd's, like the option to already take AMS/CoS/UR that it's just a plain nerf).

Quote Originally Posted by HansiHamburger View Post
    i guess we can´t complain. we have a small cd called "barkskin" and a pretty strong one with symbiosis. Indeed I was wondering why we still had dhe 15% dmg reduce ^^

Did anyone try the new T2 talent "Ysera's Gift". Is it worth skilling it or just a piece of crap that produces overheal? :-/
    Overall, YG produces the highest total healing of the tier, but has the lowest amount of control. Should do well on fights where you constantly take moderate damage.
    It will always choose the lowest health target available if you're at full health, so it shouldn't produce all that much overheal unless there's just nothing to heal.

I think the idea of losing passive mitigation in favor of passive mitigation, when they're pushing for active mitigation, is hilarious in a maniacal state-of-mind. It feels like...they have an idea of what they want to do, but are still deciding on the best way to approach this problem. Can't wait until next Tuesday to see what the proverbial "wheel" has landed on!

In my mind, I'm imagining a [clueless yet glorious personification of assumed-perfection] trying to answer the question: "What can we do to fix this?" In this scene, a little nerd (Robot Chicken nerd character -- google it if you must) is desperately trying to help [Blizzard] by giving them ideas on what player feedback insists upon. But as [Blizzard] stares deeply in a mirror, rating itself like high school students actively trying to "rate" a female classmate on the 1-10 scale, [Blizzard] evasively ignores the nerd. And the suggestions never each their ears/eyes/yeah. End scene.

If you yell loud and long enough, someone will hear you.

Deleted
    YG heals like ~30k.

Don't really like it, maybe it'll be useful in fights like megaera or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    What I would love to see is an ability like Trap Launcher in a relatively long CD that will make one of Moonfire or Sunfire each time have a big targeting circle and apply the dot in all the enemies in the area. That would be so cool :P
    Ever since i fought the trash in Front of Majordomo in FL i'm dreaming about the same moonfire ability they use

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    What I would love to see is an ability like Trap Launcher in a relatively long CD that will make one of Moonfire or Sunfire each time have a big targeting circle and apply the dot in all the enemies in the area. That would be so cool :P

Id rather they changed Symbiosis abit, maybe giving moonkin the Pestilence spell from DKs, and making it so if in solar it spreads Sunfire, if in lunar it spreads Moonfire, or somthing alog them lines. Was doing trash infront of Ion Qon last night and a monk slaps out almost 1m DPS spamming 1 key aswell as most other class and im there trying to multidot as my NG is gone and looking like a complete scrub...

All in all i think Sym needs a complete rework on alot of the spells, like resto getting SPiritwalkers when there doing instants most of the time and we get... purge :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    Id rather they changed Symbiosis abit, maybe giving moonkin the Pestilence spell from DKs, and making it so if in solar it spreads Sunfire, if in lunar it spreads Moonfire, or somthing alog them lines. Was doing trash infront of Ion Qon last night and a monk slaps out almost 1m DPS spamming 1 key aswell as most other class and im there trying to multidot as my NG is gone and looking like a complete scrub...

All in all i think Sym needs a complete rework on alot of the spells, like resto getting SPiritwalkers when there doing instants most of the time and we get... purge :P

Unless we are doing different trash before Iron Qon, I don't multidotting on 40 mobs is the best way to do it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cybb View Post
    Unless we are doing different trash before Iron Qon, I don't multidotting on 40 mobs is the best way to do it.....
    Yeah, you'd want to solar hurricane in that scenario and try to line it up with LMG procs. I can sustain about 600k there if the procs are good to me. It's pretty ridiculous that we have to depend on RNG from a "legendary item" that doesn't necessarily have wide availability to perform basic functions. When I think back to how awful it was to transition eclipses before getting the gem, I almost can't believe I stuck with the spec. Our scaling seriously needs to be addressed. I can do a lot of great things now, but I have to imagine it's incredibly off-putting to potential new chickens to experience how comically weak we are before approaching full normal item level. Here's to hoping our core systems see some more iteration in the future, though I'll admit that I don't really have a clue how they would "fix" us. I'm tired of feeling so punished from a singular mistake in an age where Warlocks get to do whatever the hell they want while bouncing around like a resto druid.

tl;dr QQQQQQ

Deleted
    I also laughed when i read this, they wanted to remove the passive mitigation, and what do they replace it with? Passive mitigation... xD

I hope we get some spell reduction CD like others have said to compensate.

Also speaking of symbiosis, i think it does need a rework on the abilities you get from some classes. I mean whats the point in the other class gaining a better ability than we get ourselves? it makes it unattractive to use in this way and so we are less likely to give it to that class.
    As much as our monk tank could use the extra CD, fuck getting disarm for pve. Similar things among other classes.

I want more choice for symbiosis, rather than always picking DK, Rogue, Warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's standard strategy - take something significant, then give something small, to make people say "well, at least they aren't COMPLETELY nerfing us..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingblaze View Post
    I want more choice for symbiosis, rather than always picking DK, Rogue, Warlock.
    Don't forget mages in lfr.. as nice as UR is, and yes it'll kepe me alive for a few seconds when i end up tanking the boss - Gimme mirror images so i can drop threat any day!
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

I would like to see a rework to the way symbiosis works. It is the most lackluster lvl 87 ability of any class yet at the same tame the most versatile. The problem is that it is a completely non functioning spell when by yourself and limits pvp comps that Druids can work well in. I would like to see symbiosis reworked to be an ability that grants an additional talent regardless if you have a team mate to cast it on or not.

Perhaps something along the lines of being able to cast it on self and depending on which specialization you are you would have different choices to choose from. You could even work in a smaller passive buff to those in party/raid similar to the choice you would pick.

One way this could be done is creating 3 ability options per the 4 specializations Druids can choose. So instead of gaining symbiosis with another player you would gain, for example, symbiosis with the forest as one of the options for resto, increasing max charges on force of nature by X. It would be tough to balance the viability of each of the 3 options for each specialization but would give Druids a huge QoL buff.

I don't know how I feel, but I'm interested to see how the set bonuses will work out.

Someone should make a thread in blue...where boomkins can cast on the move ability...all this qq bout not being able to cast on the move gets me wondering...maybee we can qq enough and cast on the move to!

Quote Originally Posted by Barrybright View Post
    Someone should make a thread in blue...where boomkins can cast on the move ability...all this qq bout not being able to cast on the move gets me wondering...maybee we can qq enough and cast on the move to!
    Why not remove everyone's ability to cast on the move? (well not 'everyone', but you get the idea. Reduce it.)