Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So about that new Resto 2 set

Item - Druid T16 Restoration 2P Bonus (New) Ironbark increases your critical chance by 20% for 12 sec.

WHOS EXCITED FOR MORE CRIT AM I RIGHT?

BECAUSE WERE TOTALLY FUCKING MONKS,PRIESTS AND SHAMANS RIGHT?

God damn Blizzard is fucking stupid. Sure give us on of our WORST possible stats. I might as well start stacking strength

Be constructive instead of blatant Blizzard bashing. Infracted.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2013-06-12 at 05:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why didn't you post in one of the excisting threads ?
    And really, it's a decent bonus. An on demand crit buff is some added throughput, paired with that new genesis ability it could potentially be very good.

Crit is by far from being horrible, it's just not our best stat, doesn't mean you want to throw it under a bus.

And on demand 20% crit chance boost could be very valuable coupled with another smaller cd.

20% crit is good.
    The bad think of crit is the crit rating as 600 rating = 1% crit while 480 mastery rating = 1% mastery

If i'm to choose 20% crit vs 20% mastery I may choose crit as we already have high amout of mastery and low % of crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gags View Post
    Crit is by far from being horrible, it's just not our best stat, doesn't mean you want to throw it under a bus.

And on demand 20% crit chance boost could be very valuable coupled with another smaller cd.
    But it does. ToT is AMAZING for resto druids. There is SO MUCH gear with Haste/Mastery/Spirit on it. I EASILY reached the 6652 haste cap and have 24% mastery ontop of that. WHY would I want crit?

Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    But it does. ToT is AMAZING for resto druids. There is SO MUCH gear with Haste/Mastery/Spirit on it. I EASILY reached the 6652 haste cap and have 24% mastery ontop of that. WHY would I want crit?
    Haste above the breakpoint we are at is worthless for resto druids, you run 6652, every point above that up until the next bp is crap, even below crit. So right there you'll see crit is better than haste. It just not as simple as saying mastery is number 1 and crit is way down the list, because it isn't. If we got 20% mastery instead as a buff it would be op and scaled down to maybe 5%, which just sounds boring. This is a simple 2 set bonus that isn't great but is alright. But writing off crit has a horrible horrible stat is just simply not true. Looking at any stat listing and you'll see crit really not that far below mastery. It's just most people prefer a guaranteed output stat rather than a 'chance' stat with healing. No one wants to say 'oh I would have kept you alive if it crit.' 20% crit is by far a much better two set than what we currently have with T15.

Maybe because 5.4 is not ToT. Why mind, resto druids are getting alot of buffs in 5.4. plus the setbonus synergise, which makes both kinda good, especially with the new 90 talent chance. and the new spell.

Deleted
    Free crit is free bonus heals, why would you hate it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkiem View Post
    Because it is linked to a defensive cooldown.

Tie it to 5 to 8 seconds when OoC is consumed and we're talking
    That's my biggest problem with it. I don't want to use a defensive cooldown to increase my throughput. Aside from that I don't mind it for a 2pc bonus at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    Maybe because 5.4 is not ToT. Why mind, resto druids are getting alot of buffs in 5.4. plus the setbonus synergise, which makes both kinda good, especially with the new 90 talent chance. and the new spell.
    5.4 not being about ToT has nothing to do with the fact Crit is still a very shitty stat for us. You might as well start gemming Stamina or Strength for all the output you get from Crit.

I am a druid who has denounced crit in all it's forms as Resto. I am 517 Ilvl and I have over 11098 Spirit, 6652 Haste, and around 24% mastery all buffed up. My crit is only 12.06% (844 crit) and you would be surprised how often I tend to have better healing than a druid who stacks crit.

I just don't understand the reasoning behind putting crit on our tier. They did it in T-14 when Itemization was a little wonky. But then notice with ToT....suddenly, Not a single piece of crit on our tier besides...the chest piece. So perhaps A LITTLE DAB of it is good? But making us use Ironbark (A defensive cooldown) every minute for 20% crit? Just what the fuck

They are PUSHING us to go Crit because Mistweavers and Boomies prefer Crit over haste/mastery. And that is just FUCKED. They are setting themselves up for balancing nightmare AGAIN.

As Cambria said

"The changes aren't all bad or good for the class, they're just honestly....kind of stupid. They're bringing back a lot of old problems and setting themselves up for a balancing nightmare. I for one am sick of the balance problems. It's great when were really amazing, but you always know the insane over nerfs are just on the horizon. Besides the fact that they removed our niche and have changed the 'best' way we should be played a dozen or so times every expansion.
    Last edited by Malcor; 2013-06-12 at 01:13 PM.

Still resto druids are getting buffed in raidhealing, and the 2 and 4 piece really increases their Singletarget heal. With the current PTR changes restro druids are getting buffed so hard and getting stronger tank/single heal is. maybe they will change it but Resto druids are going to be so strong in 5.4

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused - you don't need to stack crit, carry on doing what you're doing. You Pop barkskin when shit hits the fan, which means your target will need more heals, in what was is increasing your crit chance by 20% a bad thing? Its a free on demand 20% increase in crit! Will help greatly with topping up tanks etc after garrosh stomps on their face. Or combined with genesis, that a lot of criting rejuves!

Continue to stack haste then mastery, these will just further enhance the extra crits you'll get when using ironbark!

Still resto druids are getting buffed in raidhealing, and the 2 and 4 piece really increases their Singletarget heal. With the current PTR changes restro druids are getting buffed so hard and getting stronger tank/single heal is. maybe they will change it but Resto druids are going to be so strong in 5.4
    Just incase I am finishing leveling up my priest and starting to gear it. Because guess who's been ontop the entire expansion...priests

Deleted
    Blanket Raid
    Cast Iron Bark
    Cast Genesis

BLAAAAAAAAAAM

I think its fucking sweet, im not excited about the 4 set though.

Dude, 0.9 crit = 1 mastery. Crit is not bad, dont say shit. And crit will scale your Dream of Cenarius, that was changed to be an atonment like heal. With that in mind, if you take DoC next patch, crit will be probably be on pair with mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarM View Post
    Dude, 0.9 crit = 1 mastery. Crit is not bad, dont say shit. And crit will scale your Dream of Cenarius, that was changed to be an atonment like heal. With that in mind, if you take DoC next patch, crit will be probably be on pair with mastery.
    So you want me to abandon Mastery for crit, Go DoC with a 50% mana increase to Wrath? Fuck I might as well re-roll a priest at this point. It's like when they made Jab cost more mana than Monks could get back.

I mean hell, They've been top heals the entire expansion so why not?
    Last edited by Malcor; 2013-06-12 at 03:17 PM.

So you want me to abandon Mastery for crit, Go DoC with a 50% mana increase to Wrath? Fuck I might as well re-roll a priest at this point. It's like when they made Jab cost more mana than Monks could get back.

Stop complaining dude, Resto druid recieved major buffs in this PTR. DoC is just an option, nobody will "drop" master for crit. What are you talking about? Even in 5.3, if you use a cloak that gives you mastery and is 522 instead one cloak that is 535 and gives you crit, you are doing it wrong. Your are not suposed to stack one stats brainless. You need to use the item that gives you larger budget. if you are not using a item that gives you 1200 crit, to use a item that gives you 900 mastery, you dont know how to itemize you gear.

One clear example, is the ring that drop from Durumu, spirit/crit + socket. This ring is better then the ring that drop from Horridon, spirit/mastery without socket, cause socket gives you more budget. Same with the ring that drops from Iron Qon (Crit/Mastery) is better then Horridon´s. Cause it has a socket, giving you more budget. Crit is far from be bad for druids, and if in 5.4 maths, the theorycrafters conclude that 1 crit = 1 mastery, better for us, more options for loots.

They nerfed Discs with 5.3 and they are not as OP anymore like 5.0. And its not like fistweaving before nerfs wasnt totaly broken, and is now more in line with the new mechanic.

And why drop mastery, maybe the heal from DoC will procc mastery. Do you know if the heal can crit on its own or maybe even use the 4piece.

Restro druids are going to be insane going into heroic raiding with 5.4. They will get everything they need. They are beeing buffed in every single way. Singletarget/dps/aoe. Even innervate will be changed so it will be better in 5.4 than the current version and will scale with gear.

Disc were op cause SS is so strong and Atonement but they are not strong tank healer. Now druids raidhealing cooldowns will be the best ingame, by far. tranq, genesis, shrooms, tree.

Just think about genesis with new NV, now add incarnation or SotF/WG to it thats alot. now add two piece to that with 20% more crit. and you will proc the 4piece with it, that almost doubles your singletarget heal.

You get a 20% uptime with 20% crit for a Spell thar reduces dmg on a target, and you get a setboni that synergizes with the 2piece and almost doubles your heals when you heal a tank and when you use OoC procs the target gets an extra 80% when it takes dmg.

Plus the aoe healing yeah resto are ion a bad spot right now
    Last edited by Viromand; 2013-06-12 at 04:07 PM.

1) Give useful feedback on the Blizzard forums in a calm, constructive manner if you think something should be different. This is the whole purpose of the PTR.

2) If the game always gave you your optimum stat on every piece gearing would get pretty dang boring and pointless.

You get a 20% uptime with 20% crit for a Spell thar reduces dmg on a target, and you get a setboni that synergizes with the 2piece and almost doubles your heals when you heal a tank and when you use OoC procs the target gets an extra 80% when it takes dmg.
    Meh, IF living seed actually proc'd off any damage taken it might make that 4 piece not as sucky. As is, only living seeds on the tank proc with any regularity. So unless your tossing an awful lot of RG/HT on the tank...its not gonna add up to much, especially since seeds don't even stack (unlike similar absorb mechanics)