Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    True but will the increase in stats be worth the loss of the 2+4 sets from T15? Plus, aside from the chest, T15 items are pretty nicely itemized.
    Yes, it will be worth immediately breaking t15 4 set for t16 2 set. Our t15 4 set gives ~8% increased healing, the t16 will give 20% increased tranq healing which should average out to more than a 8% total increase.

If you have 15% crit on gear, 15% + 5% crit buff + 20% t16 2p + 60% crit on regrowth = 100% crit on regrowth without glyphing it.

Quote Originally Posted by vow1152 View Post
    This 2 set will be popped EVERY time we tranq. If you aren't using it like this then you're gimping your tranqs by ~20% potential healing. Given that you won't be using direct heals on the tank during the aoe periods it will be a CD well used.

- that being said I think both set bonuses need to be changed, the design doesn't worth with current play styles.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 09:36 AM ----------

I'm not sure that you understand how the crit buff is going to work. It gives YOU 20% additional crit chance for 12 seconds no matter who you cast it on. (in the current build)
    Please also note that only the direct heal of tranq can crit, not the ticks. So crit is kind of weak for tranq.
    That said using the crit buff with tranq still pull out the most hps as tranq has very high HPS.

Our T15 is 15% increase to rejuv. It also makes our shroom changes up 16% faster thus potentially 16% stronger.
    Our rejuv is like 30% of our output so the T15 4piece worths at least 5-6% of our total heal.

Now for the new 4piece. From my last 25man raiding night 10.2% of my effective heal came from HT/SM/RG.
    1.2% came from living seed.
    So if the new 4piece has 100% uptime(which is NOT in PTR) it would be (10.2%*0.8)-1.2%= 7%.
    If the up time is 50% it'll be 3.5% of heal which is kind of low and doesn't match druid's play style.

FINALLY

Whoever works at Blizzard and re-did the 2 set deserves a very big raise. They made our 2 set MUCH better. Our 4 set is a bit iffy however.

YAY FOR REALIZiNG WE ARE NOT MONKS, THANK YOU

I like the new 2 pc. The four pc is kind of pointless still... idk why they are so obsessed with the idea off living seed on all casts...

Quote Originally Posted by Checksmix View Post
    I like the new 2 pc. The four pc is kind of pointless still... idk why they are so obsessed with the idea off living seed on all casts...
    Let's not jump to conclusions. If the 2pc means more Healing Touches (and it will, *especially* with Genesis) then the 4pc might not be terrible, because you'll get Living Seeds off every Healing Touch if you use Iron Bark first. So if you have Rejuv on everyone, get a Healing Touch proc, use Iron Bark, use your instant Healing Touch, then NS another Healing Touch, use Genesis, and get another proc from the 2pc, then you can cast 3 Healing Touches pretty fast, and they'll all give an 80% Living Seed proc on top of it, and you can do that every minute.

Is it fantastic? No. And I don't really feel like doing math so I couldn't tell you if it's actually a big increase. Honestly Living Seed seems to overheal 90% of the time anyway, so I'm doubtful that it'll be of any use. But you never know, the 2pc may mean a lot more cast time spells, which could be beneficial. Only time will tell though, of course.

Or having us use Ironbark so damn much.

The original 2PC wanted us using Ironbark as much as possible

Now the new 4pc wants us using Ironbark as much as possible.

Why MUST we use Ironbark?

10+ Year Old Account
    You should be using Ironbark constantly.

That said, I want to use my tank CD when the tank needs a CD. Turning a pretty mediocre already, by other classes comparison, tank CD into either a buffer raid healing CD while not getting the most out of the tank part or a tank CD without getting the most out of the 4 piece is still....just terrible design.

Whoever is making our set bonuses really needs to take a step back and actually consider what they're choosing.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    Or having us use Ironbark so damn much.

The original 2PC wanted us using Ironbark as much as possible

Now the new 4pc wants us using Ironbark as much as possible.

Why MUST we use Ironbark?
    Because on average people don't use personal CDs. And even rare use external CDs. On most progression fights you should be using ironbark on CD. I know for Lee Shen i use it when ever he uses his special tank ability. It's damage reduction on a 1m CD. Use it. It saves mana and saves lives.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 12:14 PM ----------

The new 2 set isn't BAD. It's just not totally awesome. But yea it feels like the people making our set bonuses simply look at our kit and go "this would be cool!" instead of playing a druid and going "THIS WOULD BE AWESOME"

And anyone that thinks living seed is good needs to go look at how much overhealing it does when it IS used. That's not even factoring if you proc it on a dps or healer and it's never used.
    Last edited by Checksmix; 2013-06-20 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambria View Post
    You should be using Ironbark constantly.

That said, I want to use my tank CD when the tank needs a CD. Turning a pretty mediocre already, by other classes comparison, tank CD into either a buffer raid healing CD while not getting the most out of the tank part or a tank CD without getting the most out of the 4 piece is still....just terrible design.

Whoever is making our set bonuses really needs to take a step back and actually consider what they're choosing.
    I do use it, Just not constantly. I use it generally when a tank is going to take a big spike in damage, Like on Horridon or Council or what have you. I just hate the idea of healing output being based on a defensive CD.

Because on average people don't use personal CDs. And even rare use external CDs. On most progression fights you should be using ironbark on CD. I know for Lee Shen i use it when ever he uses his special tank ability. It's damage reduction on a 1m CD. Use it. It saves mana and saves lives.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 12:14 PM ----------

The new 2 set isn't BAD. It's just not totally awesome. But yea it feels like the people making our set bonuses simply look at our kit and go "this would be cool!" instead of playing a druid and going "THIS WOULD BE AWESOME"

And anyone that thinks living seed is good needs to go look at how much overhealing it does when it IS used. That's not even factoring if you proc it on a dps or healer and it's never used.
    I'm a bit worried about the living seed thing. It's a VERY weak absorb. It's not like a priests bubble or spirit shell or paladins Illuminated healing. The highest I have ever seen Living seed go to was about 89k absorb. Which...I suppose is still useful...I just think it could be buffed because in general it's a pretty shitty absorb =\
    Last edited by Malcor; 2013-06-20 at 05:08 PM.

I'm a bit worried about the living seed thing. It's a VERY weak absorb. It's not like a priests bubble or spirit shell or paladins Illuminated healing. The highest I have ever seen Living seed go to was about 89k absorb. Which...I suppose is still useful...I just think it could be buffed
    89k absorb? try the 10-12k earthshield will give. That is forced on just one target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    89k absorb? try the 10-12k earthshield will give. That is forced on just one target.
    How you saw an "absorb" with living seed is beyond me. I have seen 400k ns+ht which is 120k seed, but ofc it has never procced, because was on dps. And this is the problem with it- it doesn't proc from just "any kind" of damage (only direct physical) and if anyone thinks that spamming on the tank to get living seeds will be helpful is rly lying him/her self.
    On the topic - 2 set will help, but i don't like also the fact that 4p is turning ironbark into healing cd. Maybe will use healing touch glyph .. who knows

These tier bonuses, even the new 2pc, are inexcusably horrible.

In fact, for Resto Druids, this entire expansion has been progressively lowered expectations in this department (arguably, among others as well).

2pc T14 is inarguably the strongest set bonus in both formats Resto Druids have received. 4pc T14 is insanely good for those who prefer SOTF and especially in 25s. T15 bonuses are situational and both are better in 25 than 10. Both are clear downgrades from T14.

The fact that I will desperately cling to my Heroic T15 until Heroic T16 is not a testament to how good T15 is (though STUPENDOUSLY T15 set bonuses work together in near perfect harmony with 5.4 changes LOLOLOLOLOLOL), but rather a damning indictment of how bad T16 is. T16 IS AWFUL.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say it is about time they redesign living seed, it's healing is almost always wasted on targets other than the tank.

Living Seed effects can now stack, up to 50% of the casting Druid's maximum health.
    Better, but still doesn't trigget on every form on damage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    Better, but still doesn't trigget on every form on damage
    That's going to be the thing to depend on. It either needs to be proc by hots too(crits, only RJ, something) or it needs to be triggered by all damage. Until one of those two things happen it's not going to be taken seriously.

2 piece concept is fine, we'll just have to wait and see how they tweak it.

I'm a bit worried about the living seed thing. It's a VERY weak absorb. It's not like a priests bubble or spirit shell or paladins Illuminated healing. The highest I have ever seen Living seed go to was about 89k absorb. Which...I suppose is still useful...I just think it could be buffed because in general it's a pretty shitty absorb =\
    How...what? Living seed has never been an absorb. You get a living seed on a healing touch or regrowth crit. The seed takes a % of the heal and next time the target takes physical damage, it will then bloom, healing the target. More often than not, it will result in an overheal, or it will be completely wasted because you cast a regrowth on a dps and they didn't take damage again. It is funny how you're getting up in arms about living seed but apparently tooltips are hard.

OT: The 2p is nice for fights like Heroic Horridon, where the tank takes massive damage. However, I can't think of many instances where I thought "Man I wish I had moar instant, free healing touches right now!" Instead, I really wanted an uplift, which we're getting in Genesis, which makes me happy.

The 4p is...sigh. I never use healing touch. I use Nature's swiftness combined with a regrowth for a guaranteed crit + living seed, and since I needed it quick and hard, the seed is more likely to be used. I don't use incarnation, and even so, glyphed regrowth says hello and it doesn't require the use of our only tank cooldown. Nourish tickles and is a waste of time, and healing touch is usually too slow with a disc priest/holy pally in the group. Honestly, I'd like to see something that allows us to do something different, like rejuvs ticks have a chance to instantly fill your mushroom or something. While they may often go to overheal, it would be more useful than 80% living seed ._.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Some of the healers in my guild were saying that now that living seed stacks its going to make resto druids amazing tank healers. Until they make it an absorb it's going to be totally useless as any pulsing damage, bleed, or little add hits them that 300k living seed is now totally useless and just a ton more over healing.

I really want to know wow they chose to fixate on living seed and iron bark... why? Like just why???