I simmed the mirrors/hozen elixirs in place of stam flask using the lastest SimC 540-3 on the T1625N boss and my gear.

As one would expect, DPS went from 352.4k to 359.1k, DTPS went from 65.2k to 63.7k, and TMI went from 897 to 1096.

Also, the more I sim, the more I am led to believe that Potion of Mogu Power (4000 strength) has very little effect on our overall DPS and that using a Mountain's Potion (12000 armor) as a defensive cooldown is a much better way to go.

For example, using the same setup as above (with the elixirs rather than the flask) but Armor pot rather than Strength pot as a last resort kind of deal after I have exhausted Shield Wall, Last Stand, etc. my DPS goes from 359.1k to 358.3k, DTPS goes from 63.7k to 63.5k and TMI from 1096 to 793. The DPS and DTPS are within the margin of error, but the TMI is not by over double the margin of error.

Deleted
    Well, it's only natural that the Potion of Mogu Power loses relative value as vengeance goes up. I'm still fond of it, and very much prefer it over the mountain one. I mean, it's great and all.. But as of late I feel that defensive consumables and on-use/on-proc trinkets have not been revisited after the AM was introducted to tank classes.

Mirrors/hozen elixirs, as I recall we commented on them before the tier started. I have been using them since 5.4 dropped. 1:1 exchange to stam makes me choose secondary stats most of the times. Though I have been very inconsistent as of late with my stats, truth be told.

And yes, the 2pc thing.. is somewhat annoying I got it too for this week (having to use a flex tier chest, which is far from optimal) and getting 50% to 80% overhealing depending on the boss... Sigh. Tweeted it to get some attention. I wonder if the lag on the PTR was helpful to make the heal proc when it should.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-09-26 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehpounderer View Post
    I simmed the mirrors/hozen elixirs in place of stam flask using the lastest SimC 540-3 on the T1625N boss and my gear.

As one would expect, DPS went from 352.4k to 359.1k, DTPS went from 65.2k to 63.7k, and TMI went from 897 to 1096.

Also, the more I sim, the more I am led to believe that Potion of Mogu Power (4000 strength) has very little effect on our overall DPS and that using a Mountain's Potion (12000 armor) as a defensive cooldown is a much better way to go.

For example, using the same setup as above (with the elixirs rather than the flask) but Armor pot rather than Strength pot as a last resort kind of deal after I have exhausted Shield Wall, Last Stand, etc. my DPS goes from 359.1k to 358.3k, DTPS goes from 63.7k to 63.5k and TMI from 1096 to 793. The DPS and DTPS are within the margin of error, but the TMI is not by over double the margin of error.
    TYVM for simming that out. I'll most certainly switch to the elixers now.

Deleted
    I personally don't like armor pots at all and yes relative to your vengeance the pots usefulness will drop but it will still be a decent DPS gain and avoidance from the parry

I did some analysis on the effectiveness of Armor pots v Strength Pots for defensive purposes. I can't post the spreadsheet from where I am but here is a pic and I will upload the spreadsheet and update this with a link as soon as I can. It's entirely possible I made a mistake. I used my current stats. DR in the spreadsheet stands for Damage Reduction not Diminishing Returns. Spreadsheet is here.

TL;DR Armor Pot is 8.9% reduction in physical damage for 25 seconds, Strength Pot is 6.3% reduction. A difference of 80k damage over 25 seconds for a T16 Heroic Boss. Eddy is right, Strength will be the way to go in most situations.

Last edited by Tehpounderer; 2013-09-27 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Wrong image

Deleted
    I did some analysis on the effectiveness of Armor pots v Strength Pots for defensive purposes. I can't post the spreadsheet from where I am but here is a pic and I will upload the spreadsheet and update this with a link as soon as I can. It's entirely possible I made a mistake. I used my current stats. DR in the spreadsheet stands for Damage Reduction not Diminishing Returns.

TL;DR Armor Pot is 8.9% reduction in physical damage for 25 seconds, Strength Pot is 6.3% reduction. A difference of 80k damage over 25 seconds for a T16 Heroic Boss. Eddy is right, Strength will be the way to go in most situations.

Thanks for testing it.
    Regarding SimC 540-3: Standard APL is still broken ...
    Last edited by mmocad2ac9d34b; 2013-09-26 at 11:38 PM.

Quick question, I plan to do some vengeance whoring tonight, should I stack stam trinkets or dodge/parry trinkets? survivability is not an issue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    Quick question, I plan to do some vengeance whoring tonight, should I stack stam trinkets or dodge/parry trinkets? survivability is not an issue
    Try and get as much crit as possible, what are the trinkets you have available to you? Primordius Talisman / Gaze of the Twins are good ones

Anything with high dodge / parry as well

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Try and get as much crit as possible, what are the trinkets you have available to you? Primordius Talisman / Gaze of the Twins are good ones

Rooks Unlucky Talisman
    Soul Barrier
    Fortitude of the Zandalari
    Delicate vial of the sanguirain

All normal mode and upgraded

Quote Originally Posted by Muuku View Post
    Thanks for testing it.
    Regarding SimC 540-3: Standard APL is still broken ...
    Yes, it is. But they have the info and should be correcting it and updating the profiles for next release. Until then, this is what I gave them. I should also add that I asked them to change the flask to the dodge/crit elixirs, but it doesn't appear that they are modeled at the moment (or at least mirrors isn't).

Code:
    # Executed before combat begins. Accepts non-harmful actions only.

actions.precombat=flask,type=earth
    actions.precombat+=/food,type=chun_tian_spring_rolls
    actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats
    actions.precombat+=/stance,choose=defensive
    actions.precombat+=/battle_shout

# Executed every time the actor is available.

actions=auto_attack
    actions+=/heroic_strike,if=buff.ultimatum.up|buff.glyph_incite.up
    actions+=/berserker_rage,if=buff.enrage.down&rage<=rage.max-10
    actions+=/shield_block
    actions+=/shield_barrier,if=incoming_damage_1500ms>health.max*0.3|rage>rage.max-20
    actions+=/shield_wall,if=incoming_damage_2500ms>health.max*0.6
    actions+=/last_stand,if=incoming_damage_2500ms>health.max*0.6&buff.shield_wall.down
    actions+=/mountains_potion,if=incoming_damage_2500ms>health.max*0.6&(buff.shield_wall.down&buff.last_stand.down)
    actions+=/run_action_list,name=dps_cds,if=buff.vengeance.value>health.max*0.20
    actions+=/run_action_list,name=normal_rotation

actions.normal_rotation=/shield_slam
    actions.normal_rotation+=/revenge
    actions.normal_rotation+=/battle_shout,if=rage<=rage.max-20
    actions.normal_rotation+=/thunder_clap,if=glyph.resonating_power.enabled|target.debuff.weakened_blows.down
    actions.normal_rotation+=/demoralizing_shout
    actions.normal_rotation+=/impending_victory,if=talent.impending_victory.enabled
    actions.normal_rotation+=/victory_rush,if=!talent.impending_victory.enabled
    actions.normal_rotation+=/devastate

actions.dps_cds+=/avatar,if=talent.avatar.enabled
    actions.dps_cds+=/bloodbath,if=talent.bloodbath.enabled
    actions.dps_cds+=/blood_fury
    actions.dps_cds+=/dragon_roar,if=talent.dragon_roar.enabled
    actions.dps_cds+=/shattering_throw
    actions.dps_cds+=/skull_banner
    actions.dps_cds+=/recklessness
    actions.dps_cds+=/storm_bolt,if=talent.storm_bolt.enabled
    actions.dps_cds+=/shockwave,if=talent.shockwave.enabled
    actions.dps_cds+=/bladestorm,if=talent.bladestorm.enabled
    actions.dps_cds+=/run_action_list,name=normal_rotation
    Last edited by Tehpounderer; 2013-09-27 at 01:53 AM.

Thanks for the tips Eddy! I was able to rank on norushen

Don't know if it's kosher to ask for advice on these threads or not, but I've been facing a dilemma. Recently my gems have started to look like a rainbow, due to me being indecisive about either going riposte or mastery. I've got a mix of mastery gems, parry gems and parry/stam hybrid gems.

Survivability hasn't really been an issue for me, so I suppose I'm sort of stuck in the pre-mop tank mindset of gemming around taking as least damage as possible at all times while ignoring DPS. My question is should I be focusing on a riposte avoidance build or going full mastery? Should I scrap stamina gems? Am I fine as is? I'm sitting at 743k unbuffed right now, don't know how concerned about stamina I should be.

Deleted
    It doesn't matter much. Play what you like. Going Riposte will give you more damage though. Using parry/stamina gems is fine if you do not need parry/hit gems. Using 240sta gems is bad though.

Deleted
    Yes, it is. But they have the info and should be correcting it and updating the profiles for next release. Until then, this is what I gave them. I should also add that I asked them to change the flask to the dodge/crit elixirs, but it doesn't appear that they are modeled at the moment (or at least mirrors isn't)

Changing some priorities gives me better results:

Code:
    # Executed before combat begins. Accepts non-harmful actions only.

actions.precombat=flask,type=earth
    actions.precombat+=/food,type=chun_tian_spring_rolls
    actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats
    actions.precombat+=/stance,choose=defensive
    actions.precombat+=/battle_shout
    actions.precombat+=/mogu_power_potion

# Executed every time the actor is available.

actions=auto_attack
    actions+=/berserker_rage,if=buff.enrage.down&rage<=rage.max-10
    actions+=/heroic_strike,if=buff.ultimatum.up|buff.glyph_incite.up
    actions+=/shield_block
    actions+=/shield_barrier,if=incoming_damage_1500ms>health.max*0.3|rage>rage.max-20
    actions+=/shield_wall,if=incoming_damage_2500ms>health.max*0.6
    actions+=/last_stand,if=incoming_damage_2500ms>health.max*0.6&buff.shield_wall.down
    actions+=/run_action_list,name=dps_cds,if=buff.vengeance.value>health.max*0.20
    actions+=/run_action_list,name=normal_rotation

actions.normal_rotation=/demoralizing_shout
    actions.normal_rotation+=/shield_slam
    actions.normal_rotation+=/revenge
    actions.normal_rotation+=/thunder_clap,if=glyph.resonating_power.enabled|target.debuff.weakened_blows.down
    actions.normal_rotation+=/battle_shout,if=rage<=rage.max-20
    actions.normal_rotation+=/impending_victory,if=talent.impending_victory.enabled
    actions.normal_rotation+=/victory_rush,if=!talent.impending_victory.enabled
    actions.normal_rotation+=/devastate

actions.dps_cds=/mogu_power_potion
    actions.dps_cds+=/avatar,if=talent.avatar.enabled
    actions.dps_cds+=/bloodbath,if=talent.bloodbath.enabled
    actions.dps_cds+=/blood_fury
    actions.dps_cds+=/dragon_roar,if=talent.dragon_roar.enabled
    actions.dps_cds+=/shattering_throw
    actions.dps_cds+=/skull_banner
    actions.dps_cds+=/recklessness
    actions.dps_cds+=/storm_bolt,if=talent.storm_bolt.enabled
    actions.dps_cds+=/shockwave,if=talent.shockwave.enabled
    actions.dps_cds+=/bladestorm,if=talent.bladestorm.enabled
    actions.dps_cds+=/run_action_list,name=normal_rotation

Ends up for me against T16H10 with 50.000 Iterations:

With Unending Rage Glyph
    394471 dps, 59457 dtps, 6713.3 TMI

With Resonating Power Glyph
    410916 dps, 62409 dtps, 17806.7 TMI

BTW
    Prepot and Second Pot in fight doesn't seems to work in SimC.

Deleted
    Hey,

Has anyone else noticed riposte behaving weirdly on the Klaxxi Paragon fight? On our kill yesterday both me and my warrior co-tank had really bad uptime (50%) and ended up doing bad dps (160k on a cleave fight :/). It also felt like our vengeance was lower than it usually is.
    We randomly had some issues on Blackfuse killing the tanking adds before that, while we usually kill them in 20 seconds, but that might've been something completely different.

Can't post links, but we're VIS HONOR on Aggramar EU in case you want to check.
    Last edited by mmoce996f4c255; 2013-09-27 at 10:56 AM.

There has been a report on eu/en forums that at least Skeer doesn't provide Riposte when you avoid his attacks. I don't know for the others Paragons.
    You should send a ticket.

Deleted
    I was tanking Rik'kal and didn't get riposte until Ka'roz came down, so I'm sure Rik'kal must be bugged as well then and possibly Hisek.

Thanks for the reply, I'll send a ticket when I get home

Deleted
    I would honestly just suggest going Dragon Roar instead
    And why is that? Its AoE damage cap is much lower than the others'.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome Tank View Post
    And why is that? Its AoE damage cap is much lower than the others'.
    Lel. If you dont have to controle adds and have to take Shockwave you will always pick Dragon´s Roar. AoE or Singletarget. It provides the biggest dps gain + is entirely macroable to Bloodbath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    I have a tank cloak question. I was in a very bad SoO raid and had time to test some stuff on Immerseus thanks to the offtank not going out of pools dying constantly.

I took advantage of the tank cloak on the second application of the debuff. It will neglect the damage completly without you having to pop any cooldown. So instead of going from 900k to dead you just take no damage at all.
    Are there other fights in SoO where this is can be done aswell? Basically it saves a pretty heavy cooldown.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-09-27 at 01:18 PM.