Page 51 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I scoured my logs tonight and the 2pc was working perfectly for me. One difference I noted was that, for me, the heal was going off about 0.5 to 0.7 seconds after the event. Ended up with about 35% overheal for the night.

I wonder if they fixed it or if your "lag" (my .4 as apposed to your .5-.7) makes it a non issue for you.

Be interesting to see how it works with Australian lag if it is taking 0.4-0.7 for (assuming) USA/EU based players

Deleted
    Well it seems rather odd indeed after some testing and going over our logs tonight, on Dark Shammies it worked as intended and was really frankly pretty strong, on other fights however it was pretty awful

Due to it working like this, the less healing you have on yourself the more potent it will be. So for 10 mans where you aren't getting spammed with heals as much and having less overhealing it will be very strong and for soloing it is utterly godlike after some testing

On Fallen Protectors Heroic it healed me for 1 million with me as the tank on He over the course of 8:50 and a total damage taken of 34 million
    Sha of Pride Heroic, 7:46 450k healing done with 21m damage taken
    Dark Shammies Heroic 7:55 2.76m healing done with 56m damage taken

Healing done to myself as a percentage including barrier and shield guard;

Immerseus 4.4%
    Protectors 13.1%
    Norushen 5.7%
    Sha of Pride 4.7%
    Jugernaut 10.5%
    Shammies 12.9%

Generally speaking 30-50% of this number was from shield guard, so while not AMAZING its still a relatively nice gain that you can get without sacrificing too much

A link to the WoL if you want to browse, all of the fights were on heroic and I was in range at all times except on Norushen during the first minute... apologies in advance for the low DPS this reset, wasn't really pushing and was a tad distracted ^^
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=13245&e=13721

I don't really think it's that bad for it to heal preemptively since you're generally not going to die from full hp anyway and I'd rather be healed before a potentially fatal attack.

Well and then even if they change it it would still mostly be overheal if used at max hp so the real benefit comes from using it at low hp or in any kind of soloing situation.

Hey guys, I have read a lot about the mastery vs avoidance build, but what would you guys recommend for a warrior tank that pugs normals mainly? Dealing damage is important to me but I want to be easy to heal more than anything.

Avoidance provides just as much or even more damage reduction than mastery - the only issue comes from it being bursty which shouldn't be an issue unless you're already facing Thok or Garrosh.

what do u guys think about going for pure crit? i saw a prot warrior 25 hc with pure crit topping meters. does crit give any survival ? enrage is all right?
    13/13

Monk

Unless you really want to scumbag dps you're probably better off with avoidance. Using the odd crit item certainly won't hurt though (heck I'm using crit bracers because they were a 30 ilvl upgrade) it's the gems/reforging I'd be careful with.

Deleted
    I'd honestly say the line is fairly fine between gemming and gearing crit instead of avoidance
    For survivability its really crippling and wont nearly be as good as avoidance / mastery (If anyone still wants to do this)

Depending on the fight I would say you would gain around 10% DPS going pure crit, you also have to factor into account that being more squishy you won't be able to take the level of punishment that someone in full avoidance gear would eg) lots of adds on Garrosh + boss

Also the fact that you will get a lot more rage generation to dump into heroic strikes / maintain shield block uptime if you go avoidance

You don't need to be gemmed crit to top meters ^^

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    what do u guys think about going for pure crit? i saw a prot warrior 25 hc with pure crit topping meters. does crit give any survival ? enrage is all right?
    You probably watched a Siegecrafter video or a gimmick fight like this one, where the tanks get a huge dps buff.
    Anyway, right now, almost all wartanks in vhl guilds are either going for Avoidance or a Crit/Mastery mix. I guess this is because of the dps requirement of Blackfuse so it's very specific.

Is the Crit/Mastery build viable? Maybe, at least it appears to be so.
    I wouldn't use it except if:
    A) I overgeared the content.
    B) I had already an heavy Mastery build. With enough Mastery to back you up, you'll still take some more damage, but that'll be smooth enough for your healers to heal you rather easily.

Deleted
    What do you guys think about Bladestorm vs. Shockwave for DPS? I've been using it with Bloodbath on Galakras and Garrosh Normal and have been satisfied with it. However, I'm having a hard time assessing its damage vs. Shockwave's.

The tooltip for Shockwave is funky, it seems to take armor into account somehow but you still hit your enemies for more than the tooltip states.

Just want to pick on your 2set bonus. The Brewmaster 2set bonus is the same useless garbage you guys have. 1-3% of my healing. maybe thats a bug as well.
    13/13

Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it worth to change Shoulderguards of the Last Mogu (normal, upgraded to 530 ilvl) to Krugruk's Rigid Shoulderplates (normal) and losing T15 2 pcs bonus? I don't have T16 bonus yet and I'm quite happy with T15 bonus procs and using it. If armory look is needed - here's the link.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goraidh View Post
    Is it worth to change Shoulderguards of the Last Mogu (normal, upgraded to 530 ilvl) to Krugruk's Rigid Shoulderplates (normal) and losing T15 2 pcs bonus? I don't have T16 bonus yet and I'm quite happy with T15 bonus procs and using it. If armory look is needed - here's the link.
    I'd definitely take Krugruk's over the normal T15 shoulders. I was never a huge fan of the 2 piece really, granted it was useful but I never felt like I was in the position to actually need it to keep myself alive. The 31 ilvl upgrade is huge and the gain in stamina + the 2 dodge gems you could slot into them is well worth it.
    Last edited by mmoc8b01500a1c; 2013-09-26 at 01:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome Tank View Post
    What do you guys think about Bladestorm vs. Shockwave for DPS? I've been using it with Bloodbath on Galakras and Garrosh Normal and have been satisfied with it. However, I'm having a hard time assessing its damage vs. Shockwave's.

The tooltip for Shockwave is funky, it seems to take armor into account somehow but you still hit your enemies for more than the tooltip states.
    I would honestly just suggest going Dragon Roar instead

Deleted
    A little addition to the 2set bonus issue. When i was on Immerseus yesterday, I noticed that my 2set wasn't proccing heals from the erupting water damage that I absorbed with shield barrier. Erupting water is the spell that does raid wide damage when an add reaches the middle. Does anyone know if this is suppost to happen? As in, does it only proc of direct attacks?
    Screenie of the logs (i included the first part to show you that i do actually have the 2set bonus):

Full logs are here:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...g/?s=238&e=694
    Last edited by mmoc9bdcd0ed17; 2013-09-26 at 01:54 PM.

Does the dodge/parry rating attained from elixer's count towards riposte? I was thinking of going tonight with an elixer of mirrors (guardian) and a mad hozen elixer (battle) instead of a stam/str flask.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    Does the dodge/parry rating attained from elixer's count towards riposte? I was thinking of going tonight with an elixer of mirrors (guardian) and a mad hozen elixer (battle) instead of a stam/str flask.
    Indeed it do.

- - - Updated - - -

More Shield Guard wierdness.

You see I get the Spirit Shell and it accounts for the absorb part of the hit, the block is for 40,923 and should spawn a 12,277 Shield Guard. It spawns a 11,579 Shield Guard which is 100% overheal because it happened .281 seconds after the hit. Then, .650 seconds after the hit, I get another Shield Guard for 22,507 seemingly for no reason, but which actually healed me. I included enough of the log in the pic for you to see the Spirit Shell and the previous and subsequent hits.

Thoughts?

Here are the logs if anyone wants to look deeper
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...hpounderer%22+

This sounds suspiciously similar to the bug with the Ji-Kun trinket before 5.4.

Basically, when the Ji-Kun trinket procced its heal, the heal occurred before your health was recalculated, which lead to any health gained from it disappearing a split second later. I.e. the heal would actually be recorded in combat logs etc. but you didn't actually gain anything from it. I've tested the trinket after 5.4 and it's working properly now, though.

What I'm worried about is if shield guard might be behaving the same way. I can't really read logs right now, but could someone either check the logs or in-game and confirm that the healing gained from the 2-set actually stays on?
    I doubt they'd miss a major bug like that on a set bonus, but I'd like to know for certain.