we just tanked the boss, and swaping at 3 debuffs

Quote Originally Posted by sirmo7 View Post
    guys, today we were 2 prot warriors in LFR, our dps was almost same on nazgrim

i did 147k dps, and the other tank did 136k

im parry/dodge build, and he is full mastery

dmg taken 9.8M for me, and he got 11.5

healing is equal, but he got 2.5m from 2 set

so what do u think about this stats? how we r doing same dps? and the dmg taken isnt that big
    It is hard to answer this question without looking at your logs. But equal healing suggests to me that you are running barrier more than block while he is prioritizing block. This will drop your dps substantially due to HR glyph. And your difference in damage taken is fairly large (especially if you were prioritizing barrier). So he likely was on boss more than you which means more vengeance which means more dps. Lastly, execution of your rotation and not missing GCDs plays a huge part in your dps.

Deleted
    Would definitely need to see logs to say anything

Avoidance builds will do quite significantly more DPS than Mastery builds, this is a mathematical fact

Deleted
    Don't forget to factor in ilvl differences and ss usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Just wanted to give a piece of advice to anyone tanking the "Wall" boss on Shamans.
    Also, if you're tanking Kardris the Froststorm Bolt is spell reflectable. Hits for 685k base in 25H, more when they bloodlust. Negates a ton of spike damage. I find it most useful right after Geyser, syncs up everytime and if you range healers for w/e reason it's not a big deal.

On 2 piece: I'll look more at logs tonight, but it does seem better than last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Also, if you're tanking Kardris the Froststorm Bolt is spell reflectable. Hits for 685k base in 25H, more when they bloodlust. Negates a ton of spike damage. I find it most useful right after Geyser, syncs up everytime and if you range healers for w/e reason it's not a big deal.

On 2 piece: I'll look more at logs tonight, but it does seem better than last week.
    That's interesting; I'll pass it on to our guild's Prot Warrior for next week's raid.

Do you think we have to use Thunderclap as soon as its cooldown is finished? I usually use devestate when my SB and revenge are cooldown. Yesterday when i was tanking H6, i saw the crit damage of devestate was only 150k but thunderclasp's crit damage was 500k, so i think if i need to switch to use thunderclap? I only used the thunderclap to refresh debuff. And if i use the thunderclap, do i have to use the thunderclap glyphs?

If I am not mistaken you press TC before debuff runs out and on the 4th GCD before SS.

Deleted
    It depends on the fight, with more AoE it pushes TC up on your priority list, for single target I would only put it infront of devastate in a filler and continue your priority as normal

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Just wanted to give a piece of advice to anyone tanking the "Wall" boss on Shamans.

We use 2 Warrior tanks in the room and we found that it was SIGNIFICANTLY easier on the healers if we dumped almost 100% of our rage into barrier. Even while you are not tanking the boss the dot alone is enough to use up the whole barrier.

You sacrifice a bit of damage but deaths inside the room was the only thing we were wiping to so it was an easy tradeoff.
    A while ago I simmed a SBlock prioritizing vs. a SBar prioritizing rotation - the DPS difference was way lower than I expected (only about 10k DPS less for SBar), TMI was a bit lower (but an insignificant amount) - so I'd say it is a very acceptable decision to go for SBar when the fight mechanics favor it.

(PS: 5.4 Protection Warrior thread 50+ pages - I'm beginning to like this forum )
    Last edited by Tseng; 2013-09-29 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Would definitely need to see logs to say anything

Avoidance builds will do quite significantly more DPS than Mastery builds, this is a mathematical fact
    small question, u mean logs the same logs used in worldoflogs site?

i was trying to work on this site but its not working with me, loading takes ages !

i was trying to work on this site but its not working with me, loading takes ages !
    If the upload is stuck then the log is too large.

Deleted
    Just how good/bad is the 4set?
    I am seeing a few top-tier warriors use it but I haven't seen any numbers on how good it is.

Deleted

Yeah, Worldoflogs.com ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Hemingway View Post
    Just how good/bad is the 4set?
    I am seeing a few top-tier warriors use it but I haven't seen any numbers on how good it is.
    It's not spectacular. I wont take tier over DPS and healers unless it is really good. All tank gear gets defaulted to me anyways so taking tier when I don't need it is counterproductive for my raid.

Deleted
    I personally wouldn't use it, we have more than enough rage as it is and the tier set isn't exactly ideally optimized for an avoidance build as well as the extra item level you can get from warforged

Deleted
    Anyone know whats the deal with River's Song? Just got a new weapon, enchanted it and im not seeing any crit increase from it by Riposte.

Is this enchant supposed to give crit based on riposte?

Edit: Hmm, further testing showed it actually does, but only after Riposte is being refreshed, so best case scenario is 2 rivers song procs, next attack dodge/parry and no dodges/parrys for a long time, thus maintaining +4% crit

If the buff wears off and next melee attack is avoided, crit returns to base riposte value. So getting unlucky with no avoidance during double procs gives no crit...

Sort of dissappointed with River's Song :/
    Last edited by mmoc8ef4d8e90b; 2013-09-29 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaCoz View Post
    Anyone know whats the deal with River's Song? Just got a new weapon, enchanted it and im not seeing any crit increase from it by Riposte.

Is this enchant supposed to give crit based on riposte?
    Yes it does effect your crit rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post

I will add that grounding totem works as well.

Guys, I'm not sure if there's any comment around here about the difference between Dancing Steel and River's Song but, in your opinion, the crit River's Song gives is superior to the strength given by Dancing Steel?

Thanks
    (Regarding DS LFR -> 5.0 LFR)
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism.