Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    I disagree that for ranking you need to cheat DPS or whore vengeance... Most combats you can rank just doing them the right way.

Protectors for example, I don't see a reason not to aoe everything. That I would call the right way, everyones DPS goes higher, there are no disvadvantages. Most classes can cleave/aoe while focusing down a target faster than the others. Some don't even lose single target damage while doing so (us, for example. Glyphed TC at CD is not something I would call a single target DPS loss). Others do gain single target damage while cleaving. When one of the bosses dissappear during Desperate Measures, they don't receive any more damage, so they naturally keep their HP separated. You may need to separate the first you bring down in the last 33% to 0%, to balance them, but otherwise... Thunderclaping and revenge hitting all three of them is the best way to do the combat.
    Likewise, using rude interruption glyph on this fight and interrupting Sun only helps the raid by preventing loads of damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Lets assume we are encountering a hard-hitter.

3,000,000 damage every 1,5seconds
    Wait, hold on a minute. 3M damage every 1.5 seconds? Assuming 100% critical blocks and 65% armor as listed, that's still 425,000 damage getting through. The logs I've found say that Nazgrim 25H and Malkorok 25H are doing about that much on a completely unblocked melee hit. Does anything really hit this hard? Because if so, I'm freaking terrified. The best, say, shaman healers in the game are averaging under 150k per Healing Surge, so it would take 2 of the world's top healers spamming their most powerful spell to keep such a tank's health stable during that kind of assault. Or am I missing something?

Deleted
    That was just an example. The damage itself does not effect the damage reduction percentage once you have enough vengeance to beat the stamina part of the shield barrier formula.

But read Nillo's post. Your armor reduction is affected by enemy level.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-10-04 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Your armor reduction is affected by enemy level.
    Agreed, but I just assumed that was part of the 65% you quoted. There's nothing you can do to change that value anyhow.

Interesting results. I'll do some other variants tonight just to see what I come up with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Wait, hold on a minute. 3M damage every 1.5 seconds? Assuming 100% critical blocks and 65% armor as listed, that's still 425,000 damage getting through. The logs I've found say that Nazgrim 25H and Malkorok 25H are doing about that much on a completely unblocked melee hit. Does anything really hit this hard? Because if so, I'm freaking terrified. The best, say, shaman healers in the game are averaging under 150k per Healing Surge, so it would take 2 of the world's top healers spamming their most powerful spell to keep such a tank's health stable during that kind of assault. Or am I missing something?
    Thok 25HC, stack abuse... see my vid :P That's relatively easily 1 million vengeance... just unfortunate I derped on the kill vid and died on the last scream, generally speaking its quite doable to keep that and use it for insane boss DPS

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Thok 25HC, stack abuse... see my vid :P That's relatively easily 1 million vengeance... just unfortunate I derped on the kill vid and died on the last scream, generally speaking its quite doable to keep that and use it for insane boss DPS
    Wasn't there a HP cap on vengeance or did that change never make it in?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elyina View Post
    So my guild has me tanking the adds on garrosh and I'm having some trouble. I stack the adds on our blood dk tanking garrosh and his aoe pulls the adds off me every time. I'm using thunderclap and revenge on cooldown but just can't keep aggro on them. He goes all out with his aoe and I just can't control them. I can use mocking banner to force them into the first iron star but after that I resort to trying to pry them off one by one with taunt and it's just not working.

Anyone else have a problem like this or am I failing horribly?
    He has way more vengeance than you do so there is no way you can do anything about it if he does AOE.

The question is: Why are you not tanking the boss? I imagine DK's would have it easier picking up adds with bloodboil. He either needs to stop using aoe or take the adds (whilst you focus on boss single target).

I'm tanking the boss while our paladin tank takes the adds, it's easier for him to pick the adds up and i start thunderclapping when the mobs are below 30%, even then i sometimes pull aggro, but at that point it doesnt matter anymore since they are about to die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elyina View Post
    So my guild has me tanking the adds on garrosh and I'm having some trouble. I stack the adds on our blood dk tanking garrosh and his aoe pulls the adds off me every time. I'm using thunderclap and revenge on cooldown but just can't keep aggro on them. He goes all out with his aoe and I just can't control them. I can use mocking banner to force them into the first iron star but after that I resort to trying to pry them off one by one with taunt and it's just not working.

Anyone else have a problem like this or am I failing horribly?
    If he tanks the boss, he should have al lot more vengeance than you get from the adds, so it's normal, that he pulls off of you. So you can either use Mocking Banner, keep the adds away from the boss, tell him to stop aoe or whatever nonsense comes to mind to stop him from doing so. Also it is perfectly doable to have one tank take everything... or you can just use it in your strategy.
    The following was taken from slootbags stream on one of Midwinters altraids, all credits to them
    Blood Dk tanks the Boss on one side and collects the adds spawning there. You pick up the other pack and bring it to the boss. As soon as he pulls aggro from you, you simply taunt the boss. Et voílà you have all the adds on one tank and the boss on the other. For the next add spawn you simply switch roles.

Aparently you can Spell Reflect the Flame Arrows on Galakras. Loads of them even, pretty cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelicat View Post
    Wasn't there a HP cap on vengeance or did that change never make it in?
    Yeah however the tooltip still shows the uncapped value With SoO HC gear and 2 stam trinkets you can quite easily get 600k or so real vengeance ^^

wow i see that u r having 1M shield barrier or im wrong? xD thok 25hc

tell me exactly how u r doing this

also i see u using shield block on cd for iron jugger, shouldn't we use shield barrier for the debuff and ignite?
    Last edited by sirmo7; 2013-10-05 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    I think you read that wrong lol. He didn't mean He as in Rook, he actually meant He.
    Maybe poor word choice but Nilo did describe their stuns correctly. I agree with Nilo though in that it's better in the event that you're tanking both He and Rook to eat Gouge to the face as until Vengeful Strikes occurs you don't actually want to face away from Rook. Course a good Heroic Leap/Intervene can give you the distance to turn away for Gouge then be ready for Rook but wouldn't want to do that throughout the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sirmo7 View Post
    wow i see that u r having 1M shield barrier or im wrong? xD thok 25hc

tell me exactly how u r doing this

also i see u using shield block on cd for iron jugger, shouldn't we use shield barrier for the debuff and ignite?
    @Thok, he just hits really damn hard as well as the screams combined with 6-7 debuffs :P You can get Sbar to easily go to around 1.5 million ^^

With Juggernaut yeah it will be more optimal to use shield barrier for mitigating the breath damage + DoT but I was just doing that to push the DPS as the tank healing wasn't really that challenging on it, surprisingly

- - - Updated - - -

Also, its so nice to see this thread so active! <3

@Thok, he just hits really damn hard as well as the screams combined with 6-7 debuffs :P You can get Sbar to easily go to around 1.5 million ^^

With Juggernaut yeah it will be more optimal to use shield barrier for mitigating the breath damage + DoT but I was just doing that to push the DPS as the tank healing wasn't really that challenging on it, surprisingly.
    I don't know if it's just me, but when I OT (some nights our Monk can't make the farm bosses or doesn't want to tank them lol; I don't mind, I like tanking, but need to DPS for a raid spot), whenever we switch on those 2 bosses, I get hit really hard unless I Taunt with Demo Shout and a Barrier already up. Is that just me, or does it happen to everyone else too?

Our other tank is another warrior, he goes for Mastery and I go for straight Avoidance.

Deleted
    Err. Does your Vengeance fall off? If so you can Safeguard every 30sec. You should do this plus shield block pre-taunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    I don't know if it's just me, but when I OT (some nights our Monk can't make the farm bosses or doesn't want to tank them lol; I don't mind, I like tanking, but need to DPS for a raid spot), whenever we switch on those 2 bosses, I get hit really hard unless I Taunt with Demo Shout and a Barrier already up. Is that just me, or does it happen to everyone else too?

Our other tank is another warrior, he goes for Mastery and I go for straight Avoidance.

before taunting, u should use safeguard, this will give u a nice vengeance and u need to prepare shield block or bar, depends on fight.

Deleted
    So... I know there is not much love about 4set. I don't like it that much either, but have anyone gotten it and put it to test (on live)? How much rage is actually generated, it goes with % health lost? Like everything, numbers are what make things bad or good.

I've been using the avoidance build for a while now, seems to be working well, topping the DPS charts in certain fights in SoO. Question about trinkets though:

I have the 553 trinket from Protectors, Rook's Unlucky Talisman.
    I have the 522 trinket from Twins, Gaze of the Twins.
    I have the 489 trinket, Lao Chin's Liquid Courage.
    I have the 522 trinket from Primordius, Primordius's Talisman of Rage.

Which ones do you recommend using? I've been using Rook's/Gaze of the Twins, but Gaze/Rage seems like it would be a big increase to my crit, but at a loss of a lot of stamina (I'm at 752.5 hp unbuffed with Gaze/Rook). Any suggestions?

Deleted
    Depends, just go with the DPS set-up if you are not dying due to your health pool, but i'd rather be safe than sorry when progressing.

ON-topic:
    Warriors are fucking sweeeeet with the new changes, feels like a different class almost, having a lot more rage and having your DPS be significant is a really good change.
    Got rank 2 fallen protectors in alt-raid yesterday, even stopping dps at the end and moving away from the others. I never felt shaky or in any way in danger due to always be able to be popping shield barrier or shield block + the malkorok trinket is really mint for ultra short cooldowns.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=2176#Cenotaph

Was even a pretty sloppy fight to some extend but still so enjoyable due to all the options I had.

Ok, let's talk about it.
    It seems I'm not the only one encountering a very annoying bug with Malorok (NM, but probably HM too.)

Basically, I have a small "heal shield" on a me and a rather big "shield barrier" on me.
    The boss hits me, my "heal shield" goes off, my health drops by 20% or so, my "shield barrier" remains intact.

Is there a way to prevent this, or should I just forget SBar for the whole phase 1?
    I heard this bug already happened against Tortos HM, is it true?