Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    The gemming and forging are constant. The riversong proc is not. In order get crit rating boost from riversong, riversong must proc prior to riposte proccing. If river's song procs during your current state of riposte, the boost to your dodge rating isn't factored into your crit boost. Dancing steel procs will always be a dps boost no matter when the proc occurs.
    Actually this does not play into it at all. because you also have a chance to maintain the river song riposte boost after river song falls off. i.e. the chance that you don't proc rispote until 5 seconds into riversong is the same chance as not canceling riposte for 5 seconds after riversong drops off. So in fact, the negative impact you mention is not negligible. It is zero. Not to mention if your last riposte before a tank swap was during riversong, you will have the benefit of the xtra crit for 20seconds.

hi there. i'm going from alliance to horde. what race is "the best" for a tank class. at first i thought tauren, but maybe there is another cool race i do not see right now. orc? panda?
    13/13

Monk

Hi, someone has probably done this by now but could anyone possibly post the latest Best in Slot Gear list for a Protection Warrior for Patch 5.4? Please be an updated list as I'm sure people's preference on what gear is Best in Slot may change from time to time. It will be very appreciated. Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    hi there. i'm going from alliance to horde. what race is "the best" for a tank class. at first i thought tauren, but maybe there is another cool race i do not see right now. orc? panda?
    Well, the panda racial is pretty sick but I would have honestly suggested Orc for Axe spec and Blood Fury

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    What do you mean by "best"? There's so little advantage between race bonuses that unless you're a top 10 raider it doesn't make a difference.

Go with what you like, I love tauren as a tank class, especially warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by trident00 View Post
    What do you mean by "best"? There's so little advantage between race bonuses that unless you're a top 10 raider it doesn't make a difference.

Go with what you like, I love tauren as a tank class, especially warriors.
    Despite probably the weakest tanking racials, I'm undead. Undead are awesome. Fight the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaritte View Post
    Actually this does not play into it at all. because you also have a chance to maintain the river song riposte boost after river song falls off. i.e. the chance that you don't proc rispote until 5 seconds into riversong is the same chance as not canceling riposte for 5 seconds after riversong drops off. So in fact, the negative impact you mention is not negligible. It is zero. Not to mention if your last riposte before a tank swap was during riversong, you will have the benefit of the xtra crit for 20seconds.
    Alright alright *grumble grumble grumble* You guys have never steered me wrong in the past. I'll give riversong a whirl. Thanks for the input

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    I do indeed ^^

Not factoring in armor though and some numbers seem a *little* lower than in practice than on the spreadsheet but it gives a good rough idea and assuming a max HP of 1.1 million;
    Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Well, the panda racial is pretty sick but I would have honestly suggested Orc for Axe spec and Blood Fury
    yep, turned out to be female orc :P
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    I've been using the Safeguard macro alot lately. There are alot of dual tank encounters in the current tier, especially the last two bosses come to my mind.

Safeguard
    Code:
    /cast [@targettarget,help,nodead][@mouseover,help,nodead][@target,help,nodead][@focus,help,nodead] Safeguard
    @targettarget can fuck you up though if you are targeted.

Block (barrier uses the same)
    Code:
    #show Shield Block
    /cast Demoralizing Shout
    /cast Stoneform
    /cast Shield Block
    Burst
    Code:
    #show Dragon Roar
    /cast Berserker Rage
    /cast [mod:shift] Skull Banner
    /cast Bloodbath
    /cast Dragon Roar
    Charge
    Code:
    #show Charge
    /cast Heroic Throw
    /cast Berserker Rage
    /cast Charge
    Taunt
    Code:
    #show Taunt
    /cast Heroic Throw
    /cast Berserker Rage
    /cast Taunt
    Do you have any favorite macros?

I got lucky and got the cooldown reduce macro. Where do you put in recklessness? According to my calculation it is on 2min 29sec cooldown now (21%). Currently I have it macroed to SS and Devastate so I use it as soon as possible.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-10-11 at 12:35 PM.

Deleted
    So we got Iron Juggernaut hc down on the 2nd attempt last night..

Had 17 pulls on Dark Shamans, best attempt being 16%. I was tanking Wavebinder or w/e she's called, with a Disc Priest, Elemental Shaman, Demo Lock (affli offspec), and Survival hunter.

The blobs didn't seem to be a problem, one 60+rage barrier and I could leap/thunderclap them without taking much/if any damage.

Just wanted to know what talents people were taking for this fight, if tanking Wavebinder? I was using shockwave, but can't help thinking bladestorm would have been better to just blitz every other wave of adds.

We have a Guardian Druid and Frost DK (who went blood spec for the 3 tank strat) on Haromm. DK started on Wavebinder, but I was barely taking any damage on Haromm, so we switched. Would either of those be better at tanking Wavebinder?

I was thinking a glyphed death and decay for the 50% slow on blobs, coupled with a frost trap, could be beneficial. However our Guardian Druid is running round with 79% crit when raid buffed, so she could cleave them down as they spawn?

Thanks in advance,

Alry

Deleted
    I would honestly suggest Dragon Roar for tanking Wavebinder, I'm not really a fan of bladestorm at all
    Take mass Spell Reflect for the extra reflect on her frost strike as its around 600k per hit

For tanking Wavebinder warrior does it pretty excellently, better than most other classes
    Just run in circles around her when shes spawning blobs and let the ranged cleave them down, they will die in seconds

Deleted
    I do agree with eddy here. I decided to switch to BS this week for the farm kill, and yeah, my DPS went up significantly but I won't call it a good decision. Ranged melt the blobs anyways as long as you stack them correctly, and Bladestorm can end in you taking unnecesary damage to basically pad the damage meter. I would go with DR for the 1st kill for damage on the Shaman. Also, the whole double reflect makes you the perfect one to tank the Wavebinder. It's a good 10 million damage reflect back to her at the end of the combat. No spikes on you, good free damage on her.

Deleted
    Yeah I figured the stacking of adds was key, and the circle running was the easiest method Think we just sucked with positioning the Toxic Storms.

Should get her down tonight, thanks for the replies!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrysia View Post
    I was thinking a glyphed death and decay for the 50% slow on blobs, coupled with a frost trap, could be beneficial.
    Piercing howl (for adds if needed) + mass spell reflect/spell reflect = you are pretty much the better tank for your group on her! Could also glyph for resonating power and hit them with a hard TC toss in DR+BB to start and they should melt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post

Do you have any favorite macros?

The only thing that I have different is my macros toss in the other talent options so that I always use the same say "burst" macro no matter if I have DR or SW or BS talented same for BB, Avatar or SB.

I take it the shift condition for your burst makes it so you press it everythgin goes off then when you hit shift you will drop banner so you get Droar off and then drop banner correct? If so looks like I need to add that much easyer that way than my DR+BB macro + I win button.
    Last edited by Odina; 2013-10-11 at 02:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    I take it the shift condition for your burst makes it so you press it everythgin goes off then when you hit shift you will drop banner so you get Droar off and then drop banner correct?
    Yes if the button is pressed with the shift modifier it will additionally drop a banner. Comes in handy if you need to delay your banner.

Garrosh question:
    I tanked Garrosh adds in phase 1 (normal mode). We used a range camp that altered position between two spots near the throne depending on weapon drop. I was the add tank and have a question. My final tactic for grabbing the adds was this:

Wave 1:
    Leap+Clap on mobs from right > intervene to melee / charge mobs from left > dragonroar
    Wave 2:
    Mocking Banner on mobs from left > Leap+Clap on mobs from right
    Wave3:
    Same as wave 1.

the mob pack I leaped/bannered first was the one that would reach the range camp first
    prior to wave1 I tanked the boss for some nice vengeance boost
    Until I started delaying my Dragon Roar for wave 3 and used Mocking banner on wave 2 I found it hard grab the adds in time and not having dps die that started bursting right away. But after that it was piece of cake. What do you do on tanking Garrosh adds?
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-10-11 at 02:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Yes if the button is pressed with the shift modifier it will additionally drop a banner. Comes in handy if you need to delay your banner.
    Yea I delay banner untill after DR is cast all the time so as not to waste a gcd of banner time on a spell that is 100% crit! Great addition to what I had tnx zorker!

O and side note... this is one of my favorites since I HATED double hitting it and disactivating by accident /cast !heroic leap

Deleted
    Odina you got sth wrong there.
    Throw down a war banner at your feet that increases the critical damage of party or raid members within 40 yards of the banner by 20%. Lasts 10 sec.
    Banner has to be cast prior to Dragon Roar for 20% crit damage boost. Same goes for Berserker Rage to make sure that you are enraged. What you are talking about is Recklessness.

If you cast banner after DR you miss out on 20% damage and 20% of that damage is not applied to Bloodbath aswell. Not good.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-10-11 at 02:50 PM.

Any luck with endless 30+ proving grounds?
    I got to wave 28ish but decided it to try it on my brewmaster monk - it was a million times easier than doing it on my prot warr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post
    Any luck with endless 30+ proving grounds?
    I got to wave 28ish but decided it to try it on my brewmaster monk - it was a million times easier than doing it on my prot warr.
    I got it the day after proving grounds came out, one shot everything! I got to round 32 and got bored, raid was starting soonish so I just let adds kill me, didn't even know there was a title before hand!

Was using a mastery heavy build (which is what I was running in ToThc with), switched to Second Wind and it was fine. I expect it to be even easier with avoidance now, might have another bash at it later and see!

One thing I did notice was that they hotfixed Fear abilities in there? Apparently using Fear/Intimidating Shout wasn't broken by the NPC attacks, so you could Fear/Cause them to tremble in horror and /afk while the NPC killed them. I did it without using fear, just assumed they'd be immune to Intimidating shout so never even bothered trying, so it can be done without it!