Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    Going to start working on him next reset, wondering though if one tanking is really needed to make the DPS requirements and things? Or is there no reason not to solo tank or something? Basically thinking of jus going Prot paladin/Me but if it's "silly" to duo tank it which class has the upperhand on solo tanking thok? Us or prot paladins?

Also 752K vengeance ~~ is impossible on 10 man, your tooltip might show that number, but it's not what you'd actually gain.

Do you really want the trinket from protectors in order to solo tank though, or is that just a nice addition but not manditory?
    We had a couple pulls this week and we're now tweaking everything. We're looking into solo tanking, 2 tank, 2 heals and even 4 healing it. Personally im leaning towards 1 tank, 3 heals.
    For paladins and us, pretty sure paladin wins due to being able to bop of frozen stacks for example. But looking at bisou's video it seems pretty easy and straightforward and i cant really see a drawback to it. My only concern is my relatively low ilvl (556)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Well there's this thing where blizzard said they'd put a 50% max hp cap on vengeance.
    But from the looks of it that change never made it in anyway 0o
    I believe someone said (i think Eddy) earlier in this thread that the tooltip hasn't been "fixed" but the actual amount of attackpower gained has been.

On 10 man it's 30% of max hp, and on 25 it's 50%, so reaching anything above 30% of your max hp is just a tooltip error.

If i'm wrong here i'd love to know but I believe this is how it is.

As for you santa, 556 is indeed pretty damn low kinda suprised you're that low really, i'm thinking 3 healers two tanks personally, 4 healing route i'd never take. But if people say 1 tanking it is easier on everyone then ye... would be a bit silly not to.

Deleted
    I believe someone said (i think Eddy) earlier in this thread that the tooltip hasn't been "fixed" but the actual amount of attackpower gained has been.

On 10 man it's 30% of max hp, and on 25 it's 50%, so reaching anything above 30% of your max hp is just a tooltip error.

If i'm wrong here i'd love to know but I believe this is how it is.

As for you santa, 556 is indeed pretty damn low kinda suprised you're that low really, i'm thinking 3 healers two tanks personally, 4 healing route i'd never take. But if people say 1 tanking it is easier on everyone then ye... would be a bit silly not to.
    That fix never entered live game. It would have been horrible. You would be capping your shield barriers at 60% of your HP in 10 man. I can produce 1M barriers just fine in high vengence situations. Thok basically will rape us if we could only produce 500k barriers with 60 rage, and I mean two tanking, let alone one tanking it.

PD: About thok, we are failing horribly at it, and have been trying all kind of things. If you ask me, it depends on the healers and the number of paladins you have. Shaman and druid, great, none, uh oh. 0 paladins, skip the boss, 1 paladin ok~ish, 2 paladins, trivial. If you go 2 tanks, 4 healers, you probably will kill it on the last kite, if at all. 1 tank 4 would be fine, 1 tank 3 healers maybe overkill unless the tank is a paladin (LH and EF on steroids, devotion, double bop and sacrifice... yeah, well. It is worth it, considering they will put forth the numbers of normal healer, ~200k, and bring you the best CDs possible for the boss).

PD: Well, he died surprinsingly easy with 4 healers and 2 tanks, 1 stack in fire. Wonder if you could go full retard and kill with 5 healers and 2 tanks xD I guess... forcing several offspecs to get the "correct" healer classes makes wonder.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-10-22 at 09:05 PM.

Going to start working on him next reset, wondering though if one tanking is really needed to make the DPS requirements and things? Or is there no reason not to solo tank or something? Basically thinking of jus going Prot paladin/Me but if it's "silly" to duo tank it which class has the upperhand on solo tanking thok? Us or prot paladins?

Also 752K vengeance ~~ is impossible on 10 man, your tooltip might show that number, but it's not what you'd actually gain.

Do you really want the trinket from protectors in order to solo tank though, or is that just a nice addition but not manditory?
    Would say prot paladins have the upper hand. The healing they'll be able to put out with hammer/EF's at those vengeance levels to help keep phase (if needed) is huge and the fact they can bubble off the stacks if needed. They've got devo aura and bops (not sure if your paladin would be going ret or not so dunno if you'd still have these) Combine that with HA for every phase 1 which is 45 seconds of shieldwall and it's pretty amazing.

If you don't need the offhealing/cooldowns the pally brings and the only thing keeping you from a kill is DPS then you're probably better off tanking it though. Can't really see DPS being the issue, so the more paladins the better.
    Last edited by Aceshigh; 2013-10-22 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkie View Post
    How useful are you guys finding the 2pc? I have the option of getting it but it involves swapping an ordos warforged chest for raid finder
    What about the 4 pc? I got 2 pc just now and wondering if I should bother getting 4 pc asap or passing it. On paper it looks reaaaalllly underwhelming, but I'm no theorycrafter :P

Deleted
    I honestly wouldn't go for the 4 set, give it to others as you wont be using it for a lot of the fights
    Just get the warforged offpieces and the 2 set!

So I finally made the switch to dodge/parry to try it out. I don't really like it to be honest. What kind of gear is needed to outshine mastery or is it just close and up to preference. I am currently at 527 ilv and only get 27% crit with full raid buffs and riposte up. My crit % on shield slams were pitiful. I didn't really do that much more damage, I took way more damage (and big spikes), and lost alot of mastery for this build.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    PD: Well, he died surprinsingly easy with 4 healers and 2 tanks, 1 stack in fire. Wonder if you could go full retard and kill with 5 healers and 2 tanks xD I guess... forcing several offspecs to get the "correct" healer classes makes wonder.
    You four healed it? Lol okay.... figured that would be kinda ape shit crazy, we've got atleast two paladins in our setup, could even go three but then we'd lose some buffs/or the supperior DPS of our fury warrior. This will be the setup we'll run with most likely; http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

But ye, this requires rekills on Malkorok & Spoils (of which I dread Malk the most :x).

Anyhow, if the DPS requirement allows for 4 healers, I imagen 3 healers 2 tanks should be absolutely fine. So I'll drop the solo tanking thing for now atleast (especially if the prot paladin is supperior kinda hard to raidlead when not there )

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    So I finally made the switch to dodge/parry to try it out. I don't really like it to be honest. What kind of gear is needed to outshine mastery or is it just close and up to preference. I am currently at 527 ilv and only get 27% crit with full raid buffs and riposte up. My crit % on shield slams were pitiful. I didn't really do that much more damage, I took way more damage (and big spikes), and lost alot of mastery for this build.
    Well it's a bit spikier - especially if you're not used to Barrier usage and considering that you're only 527 that might just be enough to get you killed.
    With a sizeable amount of stamina/armor and proper use of Barrier it outshines the Mastery in pretty much everything, especially dps.

Garrosh aside there is nothing in normal mode soo that should provide an issue for your 527 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by dodonpachi View Post
    Garrosh aside there is nothing in normal mode soo that should provide an issue for your 527 ilvl.
    What about heroics? Which H bosses are better for mastery build and which are better for riposte build? (I'm trying Iron Jug tomorrow and I assume riposte for that one?)

Timing shield barriers plays a big part of avoidance builds (much more so than with a mastery build). Always have a 60 rage barrier for big damage moves (Ex. Flame breath on iron Jug). Time your shield barriers for after you get a string of dodge/parrys (my standard is to pop after 2 dodges/parrys). This way your shield barrier is less likely to go to waste (IE you dodge/parry all attacks for 6 seconds and your shield barrier absorbed nothing).
    Last edited by farmergregor; 2013-10-23 at 01:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The thing is if you just regemed and reforged mastery gear that has little no dodge parry on it as a main stat you will be much lower than you should be on avoidance and crit than with the proper gear. 27% crit means that your dodge parry is probably also still pretty low and as such you probably are not getting as many parries and so are loosing out on extra revenge rage to buffer some of the dmg spikes with barriers.

I'm not saying it's an all or nothing but to really test it out you need to have the apropriate gear. Would you happen to have an armory link to see if there is anythign in that department that might be able to be tweaked?

Any try and even out parry/dodge or is the consensus still preference. Im sitting at 42 parry 15.22 dodge.

Deleted
    I don't think the couple of decimals of avoidance outweights hold the line and parry haste. Might as well put everything into parry. After all, if you are going for avoidance is because you care about DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dagreat View Post
    Any try and even out parry/dodge or is the consensus still preference. Im sitting at 42 parry 15.22 dodge.
    I even it out roughly, if my parry is a bit higher than it should be, so be it.

I don't think the couple of decimals of avoidance outweights hold the line and parry haste. Might as well put everything into parry. After all, if you are going for avoidance is because you care about DPS.
    I thought avoidance build also lowered your DTPS? I know its supposed to be spikey damage income, but it would be less damage overall from my (limited) understanding. I'm personally trying to keep the actual dodge parry rating numbers as close as possible because parry will naturally come out ahead percentage wise because of STR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    I thought avoidance build also lowered your DTPS? I know its supposed to be spikey damage income, but it would be less damage overall from my (limited) understanding. I'm personally trying to keep the actual dodge parry rating numbers as close as possible because parry will naturally come out ahead percentage wise because of STR.
    It is, and you could build a case on how it's better anyhow on bosses who are asking for shield barriers all the time... But all in all, nobody changed to avoidance in the patch because enrage gives rage now, or people realized that avoidance is good. It is the DPS whom changed the balance.

Deleted
    It is, and you could build a case on how it's better anyhow on bosses who are asking for shield barriers all the time... But all in all, nobody changed to avoidance in the patch because enrage gives rage now, or people realized that avoidance is good. It is the DPS whom changed the balance.
    Not to be the devils advocate, but I went avoidance due to the increased crit and therefore more rage giving more control. I love everything about warriors' active mitigation and avoidance just increased that even more.

Finally got my 2-Piece last night, thank you Niuzao, and I'm now wondering if the 4-Piece is even worth it? It seems pretty underwhelming unless you have the Malkorok trinket, which I don't have yet. Should we go for 4-piece or just fill from 2 piece with off pieces?