Page 77 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Roll CDs and tank swap asap. Barrier is pretty beast on this fight.

Garrosh is one of the easier bosses to tank IMO. We solo tank it every week.

- - - Updated - - -

I would venture to say it is not possible on 25 man.
    It is... Just... but you need to make the tactic around it and add a few mechanics such as insta breaking the icecubes in frost phase that it becomes not worth it in the end

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    It is... Just... but you need to make the tactic around it and add a few mechanics such as insta breaking the icecubes in frost phase that it becomes not worth it in the end
    In 10man we just use some instants on the ice cube and it breaks. Doubt that would be different in 25man.

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible on 25man but that's from someone who hasn't played 25man since DS.

Deleted
    Looking forward to trying it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrysia View Post
    Has anybody solo tanked Thok heroic on their Prot Warr? Going to have an indepth look at whether it's feasible tonight, seen a few BRM's manage it so was wondering if anyone had actually managed it.
    Been done by quite a few people and seems to be perfectly manageable. Just spam shield barrier and rotate Cds nicely and you should be bank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemingway View Post
    Been done by quite a few people and seems to be perfectly manageable. Just spam shield barrier and rotate Cds nicely and you should be bank.
    Will see how it goes tonight Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrysia View Post
    Has anybody solo tanked Thok heroic on their Prot Warr? Going to have an indepth look at whether it's feasible tonight, seen a few BRM's manage it so was wondering if anyone had actually managed it.
    I'm not 100% solo tanking, but i dont see any reason why i couldnt. Our strat had me solo tanking first phase, our paladin taking the 2nd (shorter (12stacks?) phase) and then im back on tanking the third (frost) phase (which goes up to 22+ stacks again), and our paladin finished off tanking for the last phase.

We get a better lights hammer heal for the 2nd phase and mocking banner picks up the bats really smoothly. Last phase tank doesnt matter since we made him enter the kite phase asap.

Edit: Our kill video

Most important things is to know what cooldowns are active and when, i didn't call out sacrifice / ironbarks at all so they were almost randomly assigned (almost :P)

Meta gem procs sometimes mess up the order, but i died maybe on 5 of the 25 pulls we did or something, it was not often and if it happened i knew i messed up myself.
    Last edited by mmoc8ef4d8e90b; 2013-11-13 at 01:29 PM.

I often review the performance of my team through logs in order to offer constructive criticism. I cannot realistically review myself though lol. Can some kind soul take a look at my logs from last night and let me know where I can improve?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yv2ho6j6he9ux4e5/

I'm Chiqin on Stormrage

Deleted
    For shamans: You've only used Spell Reflection once (If I'm checking worldoflogs correct, first time). You can also use Mass Spell Reflection when the other tank is tanking Wavebinder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    I often review the performance of my team through logs in order to offer constructive criticism. I cannot realistically review myself though lol. Can some kind soul take a look at my logs from last night and let me know where I can improve?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yv2ho6j6he9ux4e5/

I'm Chiqin on Stormrage
    You have bit low riposte/enrage/shieldblock uptime.
    On half the fights your melee attacks is 2nd in damage, which would explain your lower then average rage gains.

Take nourshen for example, you have 18% shieldblock uptime and only used 5 barriers. You seem to spend the rage on cleave :s
    Checked my own logs for our heroic kill, you gained half the rage i did (about 1400 less), fight length differed 14 seconds.
    Low revenge use is your biggest loss.

Spam buttons and it should be better

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    You have bit low riposte/enrage/shieldblock uptime.
    On half the fights your melee attacks is 2nd in damage, which would explain your lower then average rage gains.

Take nourshen for example, you have 18% shieldblock uptime and only used 5 barriers. You seem to spend the rage on cleave :s
    Checked my own logs for our heroic kill, you gained half the rage i did (about 1400 less), fight length differed 14 seconds.
    Low revenge use is your biggest loss.

Spam buttons and it should be better
    I should have asked everyone to omit Norushen lol, I've ranked several times on that fight by solo tanking it and was giving my monk OT a chance to do the same last night.

Very good point about about spell relection on shamans, I'll have to work on that a bit more.

Also a good point about my melee damage, I'll have to start working in more specials. Seems like i'm hitting something all the time but I'm obviously not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    I should have asked everyone to omit Norushen lol, I've ranked several times on that fight by solo tanking it and was giving my monk OT a chance to do the same last night.

Very good point about about spell relection on shamans, I'll have to work on that a bit more.

Also a good point about my melee damage, I'll have to start working in more specials. Seems like i'm hitting something all the time but I'm obviously not.
    Imo. one of the best ways to learn what you're doing "Wrong" is to record yourself play and then watch the video. It's so much easier to notice mistakes when you're not playing, but watching. Low shield slam usage? Stare at the shield slam icon on the video. Once you learn >What< you're doing wrong, its easy to fix it since it's gonna be on your mind.

Also easy to find faults / useless stuff on your UI when viewing a video, rather than trying to think of the stuff mid-fight.

Deleted
    Relating to some posts a while ago about changing to stamina gems for some of the harder hitting fights, I can confirm that stamina gems most certainly aren't needed for Garrosh 25 HC at all and was infact using the crit multiplier trinket for him and could comfortably get away with a second DPS trinket if needed. So basically, just gem Parry and be happy!

Yea, we haven't hit p4 yet but the damage really didn't seem excessive. Most threatening part was actually Terrace adds when I put mocking banner down!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Yea, we haven't hit p4 yet but the damage really didn't seem excessive. Most threatening part was actually Terrace adds when I put mocking banner down!
    Yeah rofl. You get a few cloak procs occasionally during the fight but by far the most dangerous in terms of tank deaths seemed to be those adds in Terrace! I ended up taking Bladestorm for the fear immunity + insane AoE damage on them then following up with a zerker rage while making sure they are stunned. Also an added bonus of the bladestorm is simply how quickly you can break out the mind controls. Feel free to check the vid in my sig, its around 680k per tick iirc which just makes them melt

Hmm, that's an interesting idea actually. I was taking Shockwave for Jade Temple/Warbringer CC, but that does seem pretty nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Yeah rofl. You get a few cloak procs occasionally during the fight but by far the most dangerous in terms of tank deaths seemed to be those adds in Terrace! I ended up taking Bladestorm for the fear immunity + insane AoE damage on them then following up with a zerker rage while making sure they are stunned. Also an added bonus of the bladestorm is simply how quickly you can break out the mind controls. Feel free to check the vid in my sig, its around 680k per tick iirc which just makes them melt
    Damn how trivial some mechanics are in 25man compared to 10. Lets hope they can address this with WoD 20man.
    Btw would you recommend gemming full parry or balancing parry/dodge?

EDIT: also what addon you use for unitframes?
    Last edited by mmocc6fffc7f02; 2013-11-16 at 10:39 PM.

So i'm leveling a second Prot warrior on my new server. Currently running with Enraged Regen. mainly because i dont drop in HP much so i can pull more mobs well the healer catches up to me. Was curious if Second wind is still the best at 90 for Most tanking encounters in SoO. Or if they are all good choices. Wondering if Enraged Regen is a worth wild CD mainly. Plan to tank Flex/Regs.

Deleted
    Enraged regen it's good.

Though it annoys me to no end that most pve stuns seems to ignore the part where enraged regen is supposed to be usable while stunned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karjis View Post
    Damn how trivial some mechanics are in 25man compared to 10
    Paragons of the Klaxxi

I personally would recommend just going full parry and not bother trying to balance them for increase HtL procs
    For my personal unit frames I use Shadowed Unit Frames and for the raid Grid
    Last edited by mmocae83d35844; 2013-11-16 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aHeeRo View Post
    So i'm leveling a second Prot warrior on my new server. Currently running with Enraged Regen. mainly because i dont drop in HP much so i can pull more mobs well the healer catches up to me. Was curious if Second wind is still the best at 90 for Most tanking encounters in SoO. Or if they are all good choices. Wondering if Enraged Regen is a worth wild CD mainly. Plan to tank Flex/Regs.
    I like Second wind a lot. I checked my logs and the uptime is high, its just handy that you don't need to pop berserker and than enraged regen.