Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Not really when the 4-set is literally 8.6% of my overall damage on single-target fights.
    does that include the normal TV damage you would have gotten anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    does that include the normal TV damage you would have gotten anyway?
    Yes that's only the extra damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    How should I prioritise the DS proc anyway? It hits slightly less than TV, but way more than all other fillers

10+ Year Old Account
    For a single target fight, the 4-set seems quite awful... Do you think this was a device to make paladins especially helpful for fights with adds? I suppose there have been quite a few multi-target fights in tier-15, at least. I think six? (assuming you're in the nest group on Ji-Kun) But I find this a little detrimental compared to the tier-15's 4-set bonus. I don't really know what to make of the dev's intentions with this. They obviously chose DS for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Fillingi View Post
    For a single target fight, the 4-set seems quite awful... Do you think this was a device to make paladins especially helpful for fights with adds? I suppose there have been quite a few multi-target fights in tier-15, at least. I think six? (assuming you're in the nest group on Ji-Kun) But I find this a little detrimental compared to the tier-15's 4-set bonus. I don't really know what to make of the dev's intentions with this. They obviously chose DS for a reason.
    They chose DS because they say/think it is the iconic Ret ability (from the WotLK "glory days"). Then, some paladins made comments like "we like the spell animations!" and the dev's latched on and have been trying to cram it down Ret's throat ever since. It's not a good reason, but it's THE reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for clearing that up for me. I'm surprised that they're focusing more on animations than class performance, which is what raiders are looking for - in which the tier pieces are ONLY obtained by raiders. I love the animation too, but it doesn't make sense swirling around if you're facing one target... But if they're oh-so fond of the animation, the least they can do is buff the damage to match a Templar's verdict - or make a damn glyph that makes Templar's verdict look like divine storm or something. This is just like "chance on hit that shaman casts a free earthquake!"... wtf, mate? Anyway, enough ranting since there's no point, especially considering you most likely agree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fillingi View Post
    Thank you for clearing that up for me. I'm surprised that they're focusing more on animations than class performance, which is what raiders are looking for - in which the tier pieces are ONLY obtained by raiders. I love the animation too, but it doesn't make sense swirling around if you're facing one target... But if they're oh-so fond of the animation, the least they can do is buff the damage to match a Templar's verdict - or make a damn glyph that makes Templar's verdict look like divine storm or something. This is just like "chance on hit that shaman casts a free earthquake!"... wtf, mate? Anyway, enough ranting since there's no point, especially considering you most likely agree with me.
    Agreed entirely. I've gotten in many arguments with the "GIEF MOAR DS!" crowd about how their love for the swrily hammers is ruining our class (or contributing to it, at least). Dev time spent on working in a shitty ability that is not wanted/needed is Dev time NOT spent on fixing/tuning far more important items (like survival in pvp, clunky AOE mechanics, better talent options, etc). It's even more counter-intuitive, given that blues have said that "we want less clutter/flash on the screen" when asked about reducing the CD on GoAK in t14....yet ironically they're reducing it in t16!

I just never understand the desire/demand for spell effects over substance. I mean...if you want flash/sparkle/glitter/shine, go play Hello Kitty Island Adventure or something. As you said, most raiders or serious players give 2 shits about spell effects (or even dislike them), but Blizz panders to the sub's that pay the bills, which sadly seem to love the shiniest of shinies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    How should I prioritise the DS proc anyway? It hits slightly less than TV, but way more than all other fillers
    Probably above Exorcism and Judgement, but below Crusader Strike. That would be my advice, anyway.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

What I don't understand, is if this is supposed to help our cleave why is it something we get so late in the raid? I mean 4pc are usually rather late in raids and cleave fights have been rather early lately. Idk I could be wrong with lfr and such but I find it silly.

Quote Originally Posted by kiedasan View Post
    What I don't understand, is if this is supposed to help our cleave why is it something we get so late in the raid? I mean 4pc are usually rather late in raids and cleave fights have been rather early lately. Idk I could be wrong with lfr and such but I find it silly.
    I never really had problems with getting 4pc fast enough... I mean - up to month and You've got it... (while doing LFR and Normal modes)

I am a menace to my own destiny.