Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    I hope you realize we're dealing here with lovecraftian cosmic horror/eldritch abominations here, right?
    This reminds me of when I was trying to explain how Old Gods work to people. It went something like uhhh...

Well they're killed and they're stone dead but then something happens and they're all of the sudden not dead anymore. They don't reincarnate or get resurrected, they're just... not dead anymore.

It makes more sense in my mind, I swear.

If you recall there was the corrupted Deathwing human model that was never used. Quit bitching or just quit, but don't make us deal with your problems.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh is set on proving he can command any kind of power based purely on his own will and strength. Ysaarj is a tool for him just as he is a tool for Ysaarj. If anything, it is a symbiotic relationship as opposed to a purely corrupted relationship where Garrosh is merely a vessel like Cho'gall was.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    This reminds me of when I was trying to explain how Old Gods work to people. It went something like uhhh...

Well they're killed and they're stone dead but then something happens and they're all of the sudden not dead anymore. They don't reincarnate or get resurrected, they're just... not dead anymore.

They exist outside the cycle. What we actually fight are merely avatars of them existing on our plane. We really never actually encounter them on their level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post

In my understanding they do not truly "live" at all, they just ARE. You can imprison, immobilize them, but never really kill permanently.
    And even if they are killed somehow, they can lie in wait until death as a concept ceases to exist, so they're free to rise again. Well, at least Lovecraftian horror is supposed to work like that...
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my understanding they do not truly "live" at all, they just ARE. You can imprison, immobilize them, but never really kill permanently.
    And even if they are killed somehow, they can lie in wait until death as a concept ceases to exist, so they're free to rise again. Well, at least Lovecraftian horror is supposed to work like that...
    In most cases IF an old one does die aka Yarsharj remains of It will linger hence the titans imprisoned them in addition within the stone of halls killing an old god would apparently kill the world since there ''part'' of it or some shit like that.

'Corrupted' is the theme this expansion. I'm not surprised. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Q. how can you kill that which has no life?
    A. sword of 1000 truths
    Hi

Am I the only one who thinks this story is getting really, really, really lame?

its could be empowerment not corruption. for instance maby we get him down to 10% and then he shouts/roars and then all of us get stunned for a lil bit while wait and listen to him give a speach and then he runs off to sum device and get empowered. for all we no this could be sum thing he sticks his hand/body/ weapon in and it empowers him and then the next phase of the fight begins where he is corrupted with a bunch of new mechanics like shadows etc. i think it could make for an interesting fight

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujube View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this story is getting really, really, really lame?
    No It's just getting stale I personally think the old god theme's the best even if It's reused 999999999999 billion times now lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    No It's just getting stale I personally think the old god theme's the best even if It's reused 999999999999 billion times now lol
    I'd have to go with this too. They just don't seem as ominous or mysterious when you beat one back every expansion. It's a good concept but they are over using it.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    In most cases IF an old one does die aka Yarsharj remains of It will linger hence the titans imprisoned them in addition within the stone of halls killing an old god would apparently kill the world since there ''part'' of it or some shit like that.
    I reckon it's more that killing an Old God (like Y'shaarj was well and truly killed, to the point where he cannot return as his old self) 'curses' the land and people in a way that simply cannot be purged in any way short of actual annihilation of the world in question.

Also, kudos to all people explaining the concept in a much more coherent manner. x)

From what we can gather (though we won't know 100%) Garrosh is not corrupted by Y'shaarj. He takes the power, of his own accord, from the Heart of Y'shaarj. There is a very distinct if subtle difference here.

"Corruption" in wow tends to mean being influenced or changed by outside forces. Garrosh so far as we know is not 'corrupted' in the sense that Y'shaarj takes over his actions, or influences his mind. The little evidence we do have points instead towards Garrosh TAKING the power of his own will to use against us when he's backed into a corner. This 'corruption' is nothing but a last minute power boost to tie the story of Pandaria into the Org raid and give a reason why a mere (if very powerful) orc can stand up as the last boss of an expansion after Kel'thuzzad, Kil'jaeden, Lich King and Deathwing. His motivations are still his own. His actions are still of his own free will. There's no evil force whispering into his ear. No maddening influence driving him to extremes unless you count the two armies tearing through his fortress for his head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=68975

Sounds like it! I'm excited.
    What... WHAT DID HE DO TO GOREHOWL!?

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=144748#see-also-other

Look closely at the spell icon, it's got the same exact curve as Gorehowl, that fool done ruined the damn axe of legend.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-06-13 at 02:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    But they shouldn't be seen as mysterious any more but rather the looming direct threat to everyone on Azeroth. Their intentions are well known, and unlike the Legion, they are still a force to be reckoned with on Azeroth and beyond. Which is why they are ultimately a lot more fun than boring old demons.
    They should be mysterious. That's exactly the problem with them if you ask me.

I like it. Yay opinions. No one cares if you're sick of Blizzard. Just go away and get over it.

Old gods were mysterious at the beginning, but you can't keep them that way forever as we gradually encounter more of them and learn more about them.

I'd have to go with this too. They just don't seem as ominous or mysterious when you beat one back every expansion. It's a good concept but they are over using it.
    Yet we live in an age where everyone wants an exact sequel to TBC which would be an even further example of reused concepts.

Deleted
    garrosh and deathwing are completely different........ what an example