Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Goodbye Mannoroth's Fury. It was a real pleasure.

I understand that a lot of people have become attached to KJC. I never really cared for it. Honestly I think one of the things that made me a good warlock was my ability to minimize and utilize movement, rather than being "damaged" by it. KJC kinda took that away from me.

Mannoroth's Fury on the other hand.
    O BOY have I _LOVED_ that talent. For boosting friends, for farming, for just wrecking havoc everywhere by spewing flames like no tomorrow. It was truely the most epic feeling I've ever had in WoW. Having it replaced by a rofl-shit-bad-what-the-fuck-bad activated cooldown makes me want to throw up. I pinch myself to try and wake from this nightmare, but yeah... To no avail. I litterally feel screwed over.

Am I really the only one who feels this way?

/if this should happen to be a repost, then I'm sorry.

Wow most definetely not worth bothering anymore. 2 weeks ago I thought to try out Netherwinter, and boy I had to have real fun with a mmo after a long time. Wow made me forget what real fun is after all this time. They have 8 years experience ,but they keep doing the worst possible choices, hurting their image every time.

This game is outdated, with the majority of the people in charge of it being unqualified for the job to revive it. Maybe the new expansion will bring some people back for 1-2 months, but thats about it. Numbers will keep going down, by the time there are games out there bringing new things on the table . Competition is evovling, and Blizzard will soon have to deal with it, and i dont think the are ready
    Last edited by pitakos; 2013-06-12 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post

Am I really the only one who feels this way?

/if this should happen to be a repost, then I'm sorry.
    No, this was the worst change (I have mentioned it in 2-3 topics already) :P Farming with this low level things was so nice, so fast, so uber.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    No more giant firestorm

I freakin love MF. I was skeptical of it at first but the first time I tried it I fell in love with it. I definitely miss it when I'm running KJC.

Deleted
    One of the biggest factors with this nerf will be the requirement to once again be in melee range of every single add for AOE outside of 15 seconds once every 90 - one of the biggest quailty of life improvements from cata to Mop has been the removal of close range melee requirements for optimal dps. Also an indirect nerf to carrion swarm interrupts/knockbacks/cleave flexibility.

If this spell is on the GCD it will increase ramp up time for sustained AOE and beyond that it further increases the button bloat which I thought Blizz were trying to minimise?

If they have to nerf it, I would much rather have this as a toggleable ability which increases the fury cost of the spells which it affects or something along those lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    When did you need to sustain dispersed AoE for more than 15 seconds every 90s? After 15s most adds will be stacked up sufficiently that MF isn't really necessary, and most encounters don't really have such frequent phases, Lei Shen aside. Obviously we have no idea what SoO will be like, but I can't see a sudden dramatic increase in those sorts of fights - or if there is, that is probably a big reason to nerf it beforehand

Don't get me wrong, I prefer it to KJC and visually it's pretty spectacular, but it is rather a niche thing, and I can't see this nerf changing that niche. This is probably a PvP change in any case, so they could probably cut the cooldown to 60s and it would still be very useful in PvE.

My only reason concern is with all these talents going 'active' is finding space on my actionbars

It is completely unneeded to nerf MF.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    When did you need to sustain dispersed AoE for more than 15 seconds every 90s? After 15s most adds will be stacked up sufficiently that MF isn't really necessary, and most encounters don't really have such frequent phases, Lei Shen aside. Obviously we have no idea what SoO will be like, but I can't see a sudden dramatic increase in those sorts of fights - or if there is, that is probably a big reason to nerf it beforehand

Don't get me wrong, I prefer it to KJC and visually it's pretty spectacular, but it is rather a niche thing, and I can't see this nerf changing that niche. This is probably a PvP change in any case, so they could probably cut the cooldown to 60s and it would still be very useful in PvE.

My only reason concern is with all these talents going 'active' is finding space on my actionbars
    I've still got F5 unbound. I have to lift my hand to use it though. I might move my "WASD" to "ESDF" for more accesible keybindings. Thanks Blizzard.

The Mannoroth's Fury tears were not raid based. But rather for heroic dungeons, heroic scenarios, questing, grinding, farming.. general fun-having outside of raiding.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 03:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    It is completely unneeded to nerf MF.
    Yeah.. But Ghostcrawler got out the wrong side of the bed and stuff. He likes to take it out on us, it seems.
    Spam the official forums with whine. That'll teach them.
    Last edited by mmoce7431826d4; 2013-06-12 at 01:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the MF tears were Rogue/Feral based. Like they have any justification to cry about anything.

rof over the whole crapsite @barrens .. so many mobs .. so mutch fun ..
    5.4 sucks .. end

A Moment of Silence in Memory of Mannoroth's Fury
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

I don't expect it, but they should revert the nerfs to the radius of SoC, RoF, FnB and Hellfire, if they are realy nerfing MF.

Deleted
    When did you need to sustain dispersed AoE for more than 15 seconds every 90s?
    On current content, not every one is full AOE but still affected:

Whoreidon - cleaving/aoe on everything
    Council - Hog cleave + immo aura on all bosses
    Tortos - turtles
    Megaera - dispersed adds HoG cleave + immo aura
    Durumu - depends how long the walls are up, but also on the adds from dispelling

Its also a pretty big nerf to Destro ember generation on more than one constant target if they aren't pretty close.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the MF tears were Rogue/Feral based. Like they have any justification to cry about anything.
    Why would they cry about it, 95% of the locks you meet in PvP (aside from RBG) use KJC >.>
    I'm no fan of the official forums, but I'm fairly sure it's just other classes complaining we have larger aoe than them >.>

@whabam: you forgot a few bosses

Quote Originally Posted by Whabam View Post
    On current content, not every one is full AOE but still affected:

Whoreidon - cleaving/aoe on everything
    Council - Hog cleave + immo aura on all bosses
    Tortos - turtles
    Megaera - dispersed adds HoG cleave + immo aura
    Durumu - depends how long the walls are up, but also on the adds from dispelling

Its also a pretty big nerf to Destro ember generation on more than one constant target if they aren't pretty close.
    This^

it was also great for farming, i'm crying on the inside over mannoroth's fury much more than kjc.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    HOW DARE WARLOCKS BE ABLE TO TAKE US OUT OF STEALTH BEFORE WE CAN GET INTO GANK RANGE AND TEAR THEM INTO LITTLE PIECES WITH STUNLOCKS? OMG BLIZZ WTF I AM SO ANGRY AT YOU RIGHT NOW!

Something like that?

Deleted
    KJC has to go, unfortunately. And I feel the same, I will miss fury, it's what made my destruction warlock feel... destructive... :P

What sucks is that I now have to bind two more spells on my action bar. (howl + 90 talent)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pitakos View Post
    Wow most definetely not worth bothering anymore. 2 weeks ago I thought to try out Netherwinter, and boy I had to have real fun with a mmo after a long time. Wow made me forget what real fun is after all this time. They have 8 years experience ,but they keep doing the worst possible choices, hurting their image every time.

This game is outdated, with the majority of the people in charge of it being unqualified for the job to revive it. Maybe the new expansion will bring some people back for 1-2 months, but thats about it. Numbers will keep going down, by the time there are games out there bringing new things on the table . Competition is evovling, and Blizzard will soon have to deal with it, and i dont think the are ready
    This exactly. They're making changes to WoW that should have never been implemented. Release 6.0 should be more like WoW 2.0 than another expansion. The character models need a massive overhaul. We need to get away from the cartoonish looks with characters having fingers the size of bananas. Honestly, I feel that World of Warcraft is going in reverse. Instead of making the game more appealing, more challenging, more complicated to learn - they are dumbing it down and making it easier and easier. It just becomes a drag to gear up your characters.

A good example of the reverse game development is the talent system. Wouldn't it be more logical if, as the game got bigger, you'd get more talents? No, instead we went from 71 talent points to only 6. I looked forward to spending that talent point each level. I loved the hybrid builds. Prevent Cookie Cutter builds? Failed, they still exist and they will never go away. Want them to go away? Actually make the talents in the same tier equal.

A lot of people are simply ignoring the truth: WoW is dying. It can last for another 8 years, but it will never reach 12 million subscribers again. It has reached the peak of its existence, comparable to a human when he's what, 40 or 45? It's all down hill from there. You start losing height, you gain weight, your skin starts to look worse and worse, you lose strenght etc. You'll still live for another 40-45 years, but it will never be as good as the first 40-45 years.

We're still far away from 5.4 and maybe these changed won't be implemented at all. Afterall, Ghostcrawler said to take these changes with a grain of salt. But for them to even consider some of the changes they proposed, you start to wonder how incompetent they are. Removing the 15% damage reduction from Shadowform? I don't even play a Shadow Priest and I think that's a really poor change.
    Statix will suffice.

15+ Year Old Account
    public test realm.