Deleted

[5.4 PTR for Healers] Healing changes comparison.

So as a recently former resto shaman i've had a great laugh at the latest patch notes, looking at the entirety of healing changes.
    Important: Yes, i do realize it's a fucking ptr & anything may change, but let's check this shit out either way

Resto shamans (shamen) have had their (HUGE) timeframe in history of patches during which the addition of SLT was an event which greatness and rarity of occurance could be compared to the success of Apollo 11's mission in 1969. Let's not forget it's use still requires stacking these days, though.

So we've finally got some steps in the right direction for resto (spread healing problems since Wrath's end.)

Two piece: Item - Shaman T16 Restoration 2P Bonus (New) When Earth Shield heals a target, the target will gain 100% of the amount healed as an absorb.

Absorbs. :] It's a single target F&F spell that heals for such great amounts that it sometimes makes the Thunder King chuckle a little inside. Don't get me wrong absorb is absorb and it's probably going to be quite anticipated by tanks as well as being removed the moment you take off your two-piece.

Monks on the other hand get a guaranteed 20 % absorb from mastery procs which occur far less often than ES procs especially in 25 man environments.
    More absorbz. Apologies, I'm not really sure if i can switch off the sarcasm mode just yet.

What's more hmm let's see:
    Druids get a raid healing cooldown called Genesis, increasing the power of Hots by 400 % or something, can't bother to check atm, it's pretty cool though. It's definitely going to make them more wanted in 25m.

Innervate is going to be a liitle more useful when cast on a different target than the druid, yay for cooperation.

100 % for druid himself, 40 % less for both when cast on a different target, so if i don't fail the math miserably that's going to be (normal mana gain * 60 %) for each.

Holy Paladins get some good changes, nothing fundamental from what i see though. Loh's cd reduced by holy power usage, Dispellable execution sentence...

Restoration shaman:
    10yd - 12yd increase to healing rain range. A subtle move in the right direction.

Glyph of chaining -> 2s penalty instead of 4, A serious fix to our core problems, oh my belly. That's still 12,5 times 2 = 25 yd. LoD, CoH, PoH, PoM, Cascade on the other hand get 40.

Riptide cost reduced by 25 % jesus, finally.. ( after writing the post i realised it might have been a clue to encourage blanket healing and not just a plain mana hotfix cause it was never really a problem. Well fuck you blizzard )

I mean there's like nothing radical here whereas the shamans required a fucking rework for expansions. Are you afraid it's going to be overpowered even for a fucking reset? I'm not angry; Just rerolled; I'm having fun. In actuality i would probably have mixed feelings about my reroll to priest if the changes to shaman were significant. This is your fix to our spread healing problems

Here comes my beloved Priestie. Divine insight buff. holy fucking dickweed. 100 % chance to trigger that shit for both Disci and Holy.
    Prayer of Mending is going to rip the fuck out of your hearing senses.

Twist of faith : 25 -> 35 % Flat, definitely useful, especially if we ever get to a boss with mechanics similar to Chimaeron's (Blackwing Descent).

Leap of Faith also referred to as "LIFE GRIP" no longer requires facing. I clearly remember a blue post during cataclysm where they strongly disagreed that this change is any good because "as a healer you should also be paying attention to what's happening in the game field"). This leads me to a conclusion that many features are going to be implemented given a specific amount of time, forum rage and whine.

Healing changes in a nutshell: Definitely some more absorbs, can't deny that. Mostly buffs to everyone. Shamans are going to be slightly less weak. Priests, monks and druids are going to be significantly stronger IMO. Not sure what to say about paladins as i don't play them very often.

Don't forget to check out the patch notes yourself as well as 2pc and 4pc changes and remember to take this post with a grain of salt.

On the other hand, mastery is the worst stat for a monk. ( talking from a 10 man perspective) Don't know how many stacked fights there will be, so don't know how good its going to be in 25's either.

And i like laying on 9k haste, i wont be able to do that if i have to stack mastery </3 I hope they change something.

Deleted
    It doesn't matter that much, the issue is, we don't need another absorb mechanic, no matter how powerful it is. And potentially it is always seeing how paladins mastery evolved from being the worst secondary stat (cataclysm) into the best one that even put intellect/spirit behind it for some players.

One more thing on glyph of chaining: It's was a quite bad mechanic, used rarely even 10m. Simply because no matter how short cooldown you restrain onto Chain Heal, it's going to be devastating on bosses where RShamans shine ( megaera for instance ). We should be able to somehow switch between glyphed/unglyphed version in the middle of the fight in order to make it work.