Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Next Expansion - The Burning Legion?

There is more then one proof, that the next xpack will be TBL. Even the Legendary questline NPC talks about the legion.
    OK! It will be epick, if the Burning Legion is the next one, but what will become after that?? ...
    Queen Azshara and her Naga????

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quakefan View Post
    if the Burning Legion is the next one, but what will become after that?? ...
    Fingers crossed! Azshara is a big possibility, or we might see the Emerald Dream. Aside from the Burning Legion, those two are the most frequently thought of.

There is more then one proof, that the next xpack will be TBL. Even the Legendary questline NPC talks about the legion.
    OK! It will be epick, if the Burning Legion is the next one, but what will become after that?? ...
    After that? Maybe its the last expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    Last expansion? I'm pretty sure blizzard will continue to make more expansions until WoW loses its fun or lore.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Last expansion? I'm pretty sure blizzard will continue to make more expansions until WoW loses its fun or lore.
    Next expansion will be the Emerald Dream or possible South Seas/Otherside of Azeroth I think. TBL will be saved for the last expansion, and the last boss will be Sargaraes.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the point of killing off a milking cow? If WoW still has profit, Blizzard will make expansions.
    I hope the next expansion is Burning Legion, should be really great

Quote Originally Posted by Thrive View Post
    Next expansion will be the Emerald Dream or possible South Seas/Otherside of Azeroth I think.
    What other side of Azeroth? Wrathion displayed Azeroths globe in the legendary questline, there is nothing left. And people stop being silly with the whole last expansion stuff. WoW has a looooong way to go before it keels over and dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to LOL at anybody who thinks this. Everquest is still running 15 years and 18 expacs later with a playerbase of what, a few hundred thousand? Maybe a million on a good day? WoW isn't going anywhere until they're no longer bringing in enough money to justify continuing to run it, and that's several more years off yet.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    What's the point of killing off a milking cow? If WoW still has profit, Blizzard will make expansions.
    I hope the next expansion is Burning Legion, should be really great
    suppose that the aforementioned cow is old and ran out of milk, it's better to kill it and have steaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    why does the Burning Legion have to be the last expansion? why is that a common understanding.

there are heaps of things that we could do or explore, and there is always something else to do.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jsavigny View Post
    suppose that the aforementioned cow is old and ran out of milk, it's better to kill it and have steaks.
    Well, this cow sure as hell still has enough milk left, even if it's old!

Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    Well, this cow sure as hell still has enough milk left, even if it's old!
    yeah, maybe, hope so..
    only the milker know exactly the amount of milk

There is more then one proof, that the next xpack will be TBL.
    There is no proof whatsoever.

Even the Legendary questline NPC talks about the legion.
    A line of dialogue mentioning the Burning Legion =/= next expansion will be Burning Legion. In Cataclysm we actually had the first ever cameo of Queen Azshara in Darkshore, but that didn't make MoP a Naga expansion did it? And we actually SAW her, not just had her mentioned by an NPC who was talking about the bigger picture in Azeroth (which obviously involves the Legion).

My point is, maybe the next expansion is Burning Legion themed, maybe it isn't. But there is no proof. Blizzard can make whatever they want. They can even stop halfway through making an expansion, change their minds and make a different one instead (this actually happened with MoP). So even if you were Ghostcrawler you wouldn't know for certain what the next expansion will be. Certainly people on the forums do not know. Blizzard has not said anything one way or another. The "evidence" put forward is one part flimsy justification (Wrathion mentioned the Burning Legion! OMG!) and 100 parts fan wishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    why does the Burning Legion have to be the last expansion? why is that a common understanding.

there are heaps of things that we could do or explore, and there is always something else to do.
    Well, Sargeras is probably the most powerful being in the wow lore that we'll have to kill. After him, what's left?

Blizzard can't release an expansion where we kill sargeras, then release one after where will have trouble killing and old god.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    There's already a tonne of threads on this.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post

A common point of view belives sargeras to be the last boss of the game. Because he is the cause of almost everything that has happened.

Deleted
    I would absolutly love a TBL themed expansion! but we'll just have to wait untill blizzcon i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    There is no proof whatsoever.
    We have

- Metzen saying at MoP launch event Turaylon/Alleria will be in the next expansion, and they were last seen in Outland

- Eric Thibeau in beta said ominous things, one of which included that we survived the Scourge, Cataclysm and are now dealing with our own emotions, but how will we deal with the legion coming to our shores?

- Legendary questchain, and yes I'm aware what you said. But this is an imminent invasion, Azshara has always been around for 10,000 years, just because she shows when she makes her move we'll know but it's not anytime soon
    My point is, maybe the next expansion is Burning Legion themed, maybe it isn't. But there is no proof. Blizzard can make whatever they want. They can even stop halfway through making an expansion, change their minds and make a different one instead (this actually happened with MoP). So even if you were Ghostcrawler you wouldn't know for certain what the next expansion will be. Certainly people on the forums do not know. Blizzard has not said anything one way or another. The "evidence" put forward is one part flimsy justification (Wrathion mentioned the Burning Legion! OMG!) and 100 parts fan wishes.
    This did not happen with MoP, they said they got the ideas for a new expac but chose MoP instead because it resonated with them more. That is not halfway through making an expansion. That's not even finished the brainstorming phase.

If it's not next, it's definitely going to be 7.0.

To be fair though, they want Sargeras to be the "Big Bad Guy" when we hit Level 100 (Source was from that Slated information along with the more specific WoW slate), so if TBL is next, it will have to be for two expansions, not one. Is there enough lore to support two more expansions worth?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    If it's not next, it's definitely going to be 7.0.

To be fair though, they want Sargeras to be the "Big Bad Guy" when we hit Level 100 (Source was from that Slated information along with the more specific WoW slate), so if TBL is next, it will have to be for two expansions, not one. Is there enough lore to support two more expansions worth?
    The slate only went a certain amount of years though, they didn't add what they were going to do year later because it's a long ways off. That would be assuming Blizzard is stopping all production of anything according to that slate, which isn't true.

There's also enough lore to support 3-4 expansions, perhaps even a fifth. MoP had 90% of its lore made up, so it's not hard for them to make new lore.