Thread: Nazgrim

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    He will fight and die with honor. Not all the men we kill need to be our enemies.

It's not even certain we'll end up really killing him or wether Thrall will spare his life or ... something.
    His info implies this will be a fight to the death.

But like you said, and even though i was kinda bummed out when i saw his name, it's good having bosses that aren't actually bad. Just like how it is in a real war.

The only problem with this is that a lot of Orc NPC's are being killed off, which can cause problems in lore later on.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I look forward to the touching moment when Varian lets Nazgrim's father collect his corpse.
    as long as its not a 2minute cinematic ill be fine with it, hope we dont get anymore of those

10+ Year Old Account
    There's every chance that Saurfang will make him come to his senses at 1% or something. Then again, we already have a fight that's supposed to end at 1%, and not every good guy needs to be our ally, or to even survive.

Blood and thunder, Nazgrim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    There's every chance that Saurfang will make him come to his senses at 1% or something. Then again, we already have a fight that's supposed to end at 1%, and not every good guy needs to be our ally, or to even survive.

Blood and thunder, Nazgrim.
    Still, Nazgrim has been part of us for a long time.
    What other fights will go to 1% in the raid?
    Dunno, for all we know Saurfang will side with Garrosh but not be a boss ^^?

Naah won't happen I know, I was very happy not to see Thrall in the boss list, why? Because going into Orgrimmar, Garrosh could have easily tested the heart of Y'shjaar on him and maybe forced him with that to fight us.
    Would not have suprised me ,so I was very releaved.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    The only problem with this is that a lot of Orc NPC's are being killed off, which can cause problems in lore later on.
    I dont see any problem, finaly World of Orccraft will end.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what we'll loot from him... too soon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I just have to say it...

WHY??

I just... WHY??

After everything we've been though with this character, there throwing him away as a boss. We've faught with him though wrath, cata and mists, and yet when it finally comes down to it, he's just another grunt in garrosh's army, ready to throw himself away for his corrupt leader?

I understand how you feel but i also think is a good idea to add bosses that we know, not just randoms boss that we saw them for the first time in that raid, or anything like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Goldscar View Post
    I wonder what we'll loot from him... too soon?
    Nazgrim... oh Nazgrim, why??!?

Ooh, shoulders!

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 01:20 PM ----------

Better to use Nazgrim this way than to have a random Tauren we've never heard of jump out of the sky onto our ship.

Again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I guess he will die, simply for the fact to make a point. Players grew attached to him and Blizz is exploiting that emotion now, in order to get the feeling of civil war across.
    Thats actually a very good point. Perhaps Nazgrim is a character representing an aspect of the horde playerbase in that respect, you know, the ones who followed Garrosh and believed he was something good, even when everyone else was telling them he wasn't, and in the end, much like Nazgrim does, they blindly follow the character even when everything else is baring down on him, like the most misplaced and naive form of loyalty you can think of.

Its still sad though, given everything we went though him nazgrim, I had hope he'd be better then this.
    #boycottchina

Thats actually a very good point. Perhaps Nazgrim is a character representing an aspect of the horde playerbase in that respect, you know, the ones who followed Garrosh and believed he was something good, even when everyone else was telling them he wasn't, and in the end, much like Nazgrim does, they blindly follow the character even when everything else is baring down on him, like the most misplaced and naive form of loyalty you can think of.

Its still sad though, given everything we went though him nazgrim, I had hope he'd be better then this.
    Other than having him be the *end* boss, he's getting to go out about the way that Arthas and Illidan did -- raided for epics!

I actually had more emotional energy invested in Keristrasza in "Nexus" after one sub-zone's worth of questing than I can manage to find for Nazgrim, though. Most of our time with him came as a result of him shipwrecking us. Hell, I'm not sure Razorscale didn't make me sadder than Nazgrim does -- poor retired dragon

10+ Year Old Account
    While I kind of hope his life is spared, I don't see it happening. First of all, I'm pretty sure he believes in Lok'tar Ogar (Victory or Death!) and second, what reason would Alliance players have for sparing him?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    I understand how you feel but i also think is a good idea to add bosses that we know, not just randoms boss that we saw them for the first time in that raid, or anything like that...
    I'm not arguing that, after well, we're have malkorok as a boss in this, who if you read tides of war your know what an asshole he is.
    But still, this just makes nazgrims whole journey seem meaningless.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a pretty big list of bosses in SoO, maybe some of them are faction specific? I could understand him resisting an alliance invasion, but not siding with garrosh against his fellow horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisrx View Post
    Seems like a pretty big list of bosses in SoO, maybe some of them are faction specific? I could understand him resisting an alliance invasion, but not siding with garrosh against his fellow horde.
    That would entirely mess up the lore and the progression as you could NEVER make 2 bosses fom different factions the same stats etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    as long as its not a 2minute cinematic ill be fine with it, hope we dont get anymore of those
    Haha instead of a 'Fall of Garrosh Hellscream' Cinematic we get a 'fall of Nazgrim' Cinematic =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Haha instead of a 'Fall of Garrosh Hellscream' Cinematic we get a 'fall of Nazgrim' Cinematic =P
    If Jaina cries again I swear I'm quitting this game for good.

I'm not but she really needs to stop with the waterworks
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Indeed. I expect he will be fighting even if he does not necessarily believe in the Warchief's motivations, but rather because he is sworn to defend and fight for the Warchief with all of his conviction, no matter what. He'll be an honorable opponent. Looking forward to knowing a lot more about his fight.
    This isn't Metal Gear Solid, we're not Snake and Frank Jaegar, I would like to think that Warcraft characters could think for themselves, especially ones with so much lore investment...

He will die, he sends an extra kor'kron wave to aid him at 10% hp.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think he's a great character, and he will fight with honor and sadness. I think a 5% ending fight and he turns green again would take away from that. though possibly a 0.5% fight end, sees the error of his ways and then dies anyway...

or sees the error of his ways, and then garrosh kills him...

Also why isn't Gamon on the boss list? =p

I'm not arguing that, after well, we're have malkorok as a boss in this, who if you read tides of war your know what an asshole he is.
    But still, this just makes nazgrims whole journey seem meaningless.
    Honestly, Blizz has made it clear that in this story line they don't give a toss about how much a character has been developed, they will retcon and rewrite as they see fit (see Garrosh). Was also hoping to see Malkorok's presence actually explained but I doubt it's gonna happen. I love Orcish Army Knife's theory that Malkorok seemed too powerful to be a normal orc but they've developed no story for it up until now so if they reveal it in the raid it'll just seem like "Oh, btw, he's a demon lol".