Thread: Nazgrim

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    Also why isn't Gamon on the boss list? =p
    Heroic-only. Or he gets the lore death blow.

In all seriousness, can anyone else see that what Garrosh does ends up freeing Y'shaarj who re-merges with the other Sha to form the Heroic boss?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    I think he's a great character, and he will fight with honor and sadness. I think a 5% ending fight and he turns green again would take away from that. though possibly a 0.5% fight end, sees the error of his ways and then dies anyway...

or sees the error of his ways, and then garrosh kills him...

What did Gamon possibly do to become a boss?
    Best of all he would aid us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I'm not arguing that, after well, we're have malkorok as a boss in this, who if you read tides of war your know what an asshole he is.
    But still, this just makes nazgrims whole journey seem meaningless.
    I don't think these makes Nazgrims whole journey meaningless, is like saying that all the lore we saw around Kaelthas was meaningless, Nazgrim has he story written and it will ends sooner than many others character stories, but that doesn't make it meaningless

To Nazrgim:

I'd recognize that face anywhere... What... What have they done to you?
    You don't remember me, do you? Blasted Kor'kron... They've tried to drain you of everything that made you a righteous force of reckoning. Every last ounce of good... Everything that made you an orc!
    Think. Think back. Try and remember Durotar, brother! Remember the sacrifices our heroes made so that we could be free of the blood curse. Harken back to the Valley of Trials, where we were reborn into a world without demonic influence. We found the splendor of life. Together! This isn't you. You were a champion of the Horde once! Listen to me. You must fight against Garrosh's control. He is a monster that wants to see this world - our world - in ruin. Don't let him use you to accomplish his goals. You were once a hero and you can be again. Fight, damn you! Fight his control!

For the Horde!

// Sorry, but I couldn't resist the similarity here

Here's the wowhead encounter dungeon journal:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=71178

Sometimes Blizzard tries out new abilities for the next expansion by showcasing them on raid bosses. My warrior wants Aftershock naow!

Deleted
    In Orgrimmar next to VoS AH, he is surrounded by Kor'kron mocking him. I doubt he would join Garrosh. It looks sort of pitiful, I mean yeah we have been killing him endlessly, but to be bullied like this like a wounded animal...Not cool.

Who says we kill him?

Perfectly reasonable to suggest we just defeat him and he then decides to join the rebels

Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    Here's the wowhead encounter dungeon journal:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=71178

Sometimes Blizzard tries out new abilities for the next expansion by showcasing them on raid bosses. My warrior wants Aftershock naow!

• Execute – Executes a player for 120% of their maximum health. This attack pierces immunities and cannot be dodged, blocked, or parried.

Sweet, he can't be defeated on Heroic!
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Im thinking it supposed to illicit a emotional response as to the cost of Civil War with your own faction.
    There's this, too. Civil Wars are a bloody, heartrending affair. Brother fights brother, friend fights friend, all over an ideological difference that couldn't be solved diplomatically. In this instance, Nazgrim probably either approves of Garrosh's war machine and is willing to overlook his racist policies, follows the 'my Warchief right or wrong' mindset, or believes even a shitty Warchief is better than the anarchic turmoil that will inevitably follow until a new one can be instated.

Whether he'll go down defending Garrosh, or surrender/defect after getting smacked around, remains to be seen.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matej View Post
    In Orgrimmar next to VoS AH, he is surrounded by Kor'kron mocking him. I doubt he would join Garrosh. It looks sort of pitiful, I mean yeah we have been killing him endlessly, but to be bullied like this like a wounded animal...Not cool.
    Stop and think about that. They've got him surrounded, in a city where killing him won't draw a second glance... and they're talking to him and trying to get him to surrender. This is the Kor'kron we're talking about. They beat, bully, kill. They don't stand around and talk. Even though they're being antagonistic about it, it says a lot about how they assess him as a threat that they surrounded him and still try to talk him down.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Nazgrim will stick it out with Garrosh. He swore an oath, and he doesn't seem to be individual that would break his word. Not sure if this is a spoiler or not, but take Game of Thrones for example. The Kingsguard knew that King Aerys was a nutcase and not fit to rule, but as Gerold Hightower told a young Jaime Lannister, it was their duty to protect the king, not to judge him. Nazgrim may prefer to die in keeping true to his word than be seen as an oathbreaker.
    Wow, my son must really like his computer desktop background, cos he is always looking at it when I walk unannounced into his room! Believed no parent ever.

Yeah, I got bummed when I read that list. He's been a good character. I think his lose is going to be felt even more than Garrosh's.... Then again, we'll all be dancubg on Garrosh's corpse when we're done with him.

Quote Originally Posted by bmps View Post
    I think Nazgrim will stick it out with Garrosh. He swore an oath, and he doesn't seem to be individual that would break his word. Not sure if this is a spoiler or not, but take Game of Thrones for example. The Kingsguard knew that King Aerys was a nutcase and not fit to rule, but as Gerold Hightower told a young Jaime Lannister, it was their duty to protect the king, not to judge him. Nazgrim may prefer to die in keeping true to his word than be seen as an oathbreaker.
    “I looked for you on the Trident,” Ned said to them.
    “We were not there,” Ser Gerold answered.
    “Woe to the Usurper if we had been,” said Ser Oswell.
    “When King's Landing fell, Ser Jaime slew your king with a golden sword, and I wondered where you were.”
    “Far away,” Ser Gerold said, “or Aerys would yet sit the Iron Throne, and our false brother would burn in seven hells.”
    “I came down on Storm's End to lift the siege,” Ned told them, and the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne dipped their banners, and all their knights bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you would be among them.”
    “Our knees do not bend easily,” said Ser Arthur Dayne.
    “Ser Willem Darry is fled to Dragonstone, with your queen and Prince Viserys. I thought you might have sailed with him.”
    “Ser Willem is a good man and true,” said Ser Oswell.
    “But not of the Kingsguard,” Ser Gerold pointed out. “The Kingsguard does not flee.”
    “Then or now,” said Ser Arthur. He donned his helm.
    “We swore a vow,” explained old Ser Gerold.
    Ned’s wraiths moved up beside him, with shadow swords in hand. They were seven against three.
    “And now it begins,” said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.
    “No,” Ned said with sadness in his voice. “Now it ends.”

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    There's this, too. Civil Wars are a bloody, heartrending affair. Brother fights brother, friend fights friend, all over an ideological difference that couldn't be solved diplomatically. In this instance, Nazgrim probably either approves of Garrosh's war machine and is willing to overlook his racist policies, follows the 'my Warchief right or wrong' mindset, or believes even a shitty Warchief is better than the anarchic turmoil that will inevitably follow until a new one can be instated.

Whether he'll go down defending Garrosh, or surrender/defect after getting smacked around, remains to be seen.
    Yep. He made the wrong choice and sided with Garrosh, now he's going down. Either that or the Kor'kron got him and managed to have him brainwashed. The fight's RP moments will tell, I guess.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

I am looking forward to fighting Naz, only if we beat the evil out of him (some sort of Sha corruption maybe pride?) when he comes to his senses he thanks us for always being there for him (horde) or says he never expected the alliance to help him. He then tells us to continue on and that his troops will hold this area and won't interfere with the removal of Garry.

If he dies I will be sad =[

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    This isn't Metal Gear Solid, we're not Snake and Frank Jaegar, I would like to think that Warcraft characters could think for themselves, especially ones with so much lore investment...
    Nazgrims' defection was a ruse set up by the Real Horde Government. It was all a big drama staged by Sen'jin so they could get their hands on the Philosopher's Legacy, and Nazgrim was the star of the show. They planned it so that they could get the Legacy that Warchief Garrosh inherited and destroy the Shagohod at the same time. Only a legendary hero like Nazgrim could have earned Garrosh's trust. Finding out where the Philosopher's Legacy was hidden was to be her greatest mission. Everything was going according to plan... but then something happened that no one could have predicted. Garrosh fired Horde-made Magic warhead at Jaina's research facility. Jaina demanded that the Real Horde government provide proof that it wasn't involved. They couldn't just abort the operation to steal the Legacy, so the operation itself was greatly expanded and revised. The authorities in Sen'jin knew that in order to prove its innocence they'd have to get rid of Nazgrim and that one of their own would have to do the job. The public couldn't be allowed to find out about it, not ever. This, they concluded, would be the best way to keep the whole thing under wraps. Nazgrim wouldn't be allowed to come back home alive. And he wouldn't be allowed to kill himself. His life would be ended by his most beloved disciple... that was the way the government wanted it. That was the mission he was given. And he had no choice but to carry it out... his death at your hands was a duty he had to fulfill. Out of duty, he turned his back on his own comrades. A lesser Orc would have been crushed by such a burden. The taint of disgrace will follow him to his grave. Future generations will revile him: In The Horde, as a despicable traitor with no sense of honor; and in the Alliance, as a monster who unleashed a magical catastrophe. He will go down in official history as a war criminal, and no one will ever understand him... that was his final mission. And like a true soldier, he saw it through the end. But I think he wanted you, of all people to know the truth. He wanted to live on in your memory. Not as a soldier, but as a Orc. But... He was forbidden to tell you himself. And that's why he told me. Player Character, history will never know what he did. No one will ever learn the truth. His story, his debriefing... will endure only in your heart. Everything he did, he did for his Faction. He sacrificed his life and his honor for his native land. He was a real hero. He was a true patriot.

I got really sad when I knew we are fighting Nazgrim... As a Horde, I reallly want to clobber Malkorok, punish Garrosh and I don't mind if he have to kill Zaela as well, but not Nazgrim...

One of the most engaging orcs in WoW currently will die by our hands soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    He's a soldier. That's his job.
    he is a soldier of the horde, not for the warchief.

when garrosh calls his horde the " true horde", its the responsibility for soldiers like nazgrim to stand up against him.
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    he is a soldier of the horde, not for the warchief.

when garrosh calls his horde the " true horde", its the responsibility for soldiers like nazgrim to stand up against him.
    Whelp, looks like a lot of them either didn't get the memo are completely fine with Garry's "kill 'em all!" policy.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

10+ Year Old Account

It's funny that on this video both of these guys who act real bad ass for the horde will die x)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?