Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jfk View Post
    That guys always has a bad attitude no matter what it is, wouldn't get flustered over it.
    he is right about 25 man, still having that clutch interupt is always welcome, is something the 10 man hunter need, and will help a Little the 25 man hunter as well.

i do 10 mans and im often doing interupts, either 1st interupt while melee get there or when someone mess up theirs.

Deleted
    Couple of things that haven't really been touched, if the KJC nerf goes live then if I'm not mistaken hunters will be the only ranged class that deals 100% damage while moving consistently, while also being one of if not the most mobile class. Hunters bring very solid AoE damage which is useful in a number of fights so far this expac and will probably be useful in Siege of Org and also Misdirection, it's a niche ability but can be extremely useful, imagine a 25m HC Tortos kill w/o a hunter. We also are one of the few classes that can remove enrage effects, and are normally the go-to class to do so, that same ability also removes magic buffs. We can soak various types of mechanics and abilities with Deterrence. There's plenty of reasons to bring a hunter to a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Letheanlol View Post
    Couple of things that haven't really been touched, if the KJC nerf goes live then if I'm not mistaken hunters will be the only ranged class that deals 100% damage while moving consistently, while also being one of if not the most mobile class.
    Because we don't cast spells/use spell power. if we did we'd probably not be able to cast on the move. don't see why people keep comparing different classes, if you don't like it just reroll tbh, they're supposed to be different

That guys always has a bad attitude no matter what it is, wouldn't get flustered over it.
    I have a bad attitude towards people who think they should be able to do everything and complain about constantly wanting more.

Sure a ranged interrupt can sometimes be useful but in an ideal situation they shouldn't be relied on. How often do you honestly see Mages, Spriests, Boomkins and Hunters in an interrupt rotation for serious progression? Your casual 10man that can't clear normal mode doesn't count here. If you don't have enough people to interrupt then either the fight is poorly tuned and will soon be changed or you need to re-think your guild's roster if you hope to go anywhere.

Simply put, having an interrupt didn't make Hunters so losing it won't break Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I have a bad attitude towards people who think they should be able to do everything and complain about constantly wanting more.
    ^agree with this, and I'm not casual, but others are.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Simply put, having an interrupt didn't make Hunters so losing it won't break Hunters.
    And I have a bad attitude towards people who employ the genetic fallacy.

While Hunters may lack a lot of raid usefulness hunters do some pretty damn good damage. While other classes may be better than us on certain fights our dps is non negligible on heroic encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    And I have a bad attitude towards people who employ the genetic fallacy.
    That isn't really the same. People in this thread are complaining about the future of Hunter PvE because we are losing an interrupt. It's not the end of the world. Genetic Fallacy generally takes things out of context to justify a point. I didn't take anything out of context. People are saying Hunters will be worthless without an interrupt, yet they were never taken because they had an interrupt.

If you want to talk about the other glaring issues Hunters have then that's a different topic, not what we are talking about here.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-06-16 at 05:39 AM.

Deleted
    Because we don't cast spells/use spell power. if we did we'd probably not be able to cast on the move. don't see why people keep comparing different classes, if you don't like it just reroll tbh, they're supposed to be different
    Struggling to see a valid point in this post, looks like non sensical rambling to me.

Deleted

Sure a ranged interrupt can sometimes be useful but in an ideal situation they shouldn't be relied on. How often do you honestly see Mages, Spriests, Boomkins and Hunters in an interrupt rotation for serious progression? Your casual 10man that can't clear normal mode doesn't count here. If you don't have enough people to interrupt then either the fight is poorly tuned and will soon be changed or you need to re-think your guild's roster if you hope to go anywhere.

Wow... if you don't use a hunter for interrupts on fights such as Horridon, Council, Magera (now that binding shot is removed) you are really not using your raid to your advantage really since on Horridon having a ranged interrupt on Dinomancer or the Venom Priests is really nice due to shit being on the floor and tanks/melee can use theirs on shit they are killing.
    On Council having a ranged interrupt for Mar'li is amazing since you can keep all the other 3 stacked up to cleave and what not, and that means Mar'li will stay still and chain casting here shit on the tank whilst still being far away to give you time to kill the Loa Spirits.
    Mageara is quite self explanatory.

I am not quite sure you should be speaking about "casual 10 mans that can't clear normals" when the interrupt mechanic is a lot more crucial in heroic than any other place really, and your progress isn't much to brag about either if you want to play it that way. Not having a interrupt will also affect more than just raid content.

Deleted
    I don't think I've ever been in a raid group where Hunters were needed for an interrupt. If for whatever reason you're running some stupid setup where you need the Hunter to interrupt then maybe you should consider a change in your raid group.
    I can't believe you are serious with this post. Why wouldn't you use an interrupt if you had one? Why do you think its bad, having a class that can interrupt, to use it?

Deleted
    E.g. On Horridon HC I brought both SS and monkey to help interrupt. Mage was CSing Dinomancer. Not to mention Solar Beam in certain situations can be so OP you want to put Symbiosis on Ele shaman. With coordinated interrupting second door was suddenly walkover fight.
    I admit that between SS and Binding, I'd rather have access to AoE stun, especially as it is unique ability and I could even say in T14 and T15 it had more room in the raid then SS. However, interrupt this days is de facto must have for anyone (let's not forget CMs and solo high-end content).

Removing SS from table won't break hunters. On the other hand, removing all defensive CDs and passive wouldn't break hunters either. But both of these aspects today are die-hard-must-have utilities for any kind of top level game play.

in protectors heroics during our progression i was interupting on CD the lighting guy, to lower raid damage, same was with the mage and our holy paldain, wasnt like if you miss an interupt we wipe, no is something we did to lower raid damage. in this same fight when he will summon lighting rings you had to use a RANGE interupt on wáter guy because melee had to Dodge lighting ring and he would cast with a 75% cast speed, so you need it that interupt on wáter guy.

on magera heroic i still use my interupt on transitions while rampage is going out and there is 1-2 add up at the start, a healer getting stunlock while he is using his healing CD is bad.

on horridon i interupt always 1st on every dinomancer.

on council when we used the let marly be away strat and wanted her to get to the raid when she was empower i was using my interupt as well.

in msv spirit kings when shield was up on zian i was the one interupting during progression while mage was spaming his dispell.

on nef in heroic 25 in cata on my platform i always was 1st interupt on my platform and i was the backup when any of the melee on my platform had to get into lava to drop his debuff.

i can keep going and listing all the times i had my interupt used because it was need it, no point to keep going tho.

isnt something is going to break us, is going to make us non viable for 10 man or 25 man, no. is something nice to have.

Funny thing that there's more to WoW than just raids.

10+ Year Old Account

You are not serious right? If that is the case Blizzard must remove Normal mode raids because it is clearly only meant for you "the pro"... and "the pro" is all that counts in WoW right?
    Who are you to judge other people on what they have or havnt achieved yet (like clearing ToT on normal)? If it makes life easier for us noobs then so be it, there is onther talents in that bracket that you "the pro" can use if you dont like SS, but just because you dont use it, it means that we shouldnt?

I bet World first Hunters Like Kenny or Rogerbrown ( I might be wrong, and most propably am wrong) had use for it (an interrupt) when they cleared their way to Ra-Den (sorry for using your name Kenny).

Yes we wont break without it, but is it really really nice to have during our raids, and I enjoy being able to help out in the raids, we have allot of fun when raiding so leave us be with our noob tactics

It's not the end of the world.
    Another just wow moment from this guy.

Your right, loosing 1 ability isnt the end of the world in 1 aspect of a game that has hundreds...
    You do understand that there are other aspects to the game the SS is needed for right?

Your original post was just narrow minded and smelled of elitism, the fact you felt you should come and defend your very very narrow field of vision as to your perfect world and how if we do not live in it we should changeour world is quite honestly, wrongheaded and delusional.

Your casual 10man that can't clear normal mode doesn't count here.
    Seriously? You seriously said that? I may get a infraction but your a legit asshat man...

Since when does what people do that are not you up in your ivory tower not matter? You do know that you and your "elite pro" level of raiding constitues about 1/2 of 1% of the game population right? You do know that the 99.95% of the population funds your raiding content right?

What your post should of said is:
    Your heroic 10 man that cleared all content in a few weeks doesnt count here, the 8.1 million other people do.

In fact you should be down on your knees servicing the "casual" players in thanks to the fact you have a game to play at all...

/facepalm
    Last edited by jax; 2013-06-16 at 03:01 PM.

Deleted
    i dont want to go mm to solo elites i need to interrupt
    time to get a gorilla i guess...
    Last edited by mmocaba1459261; 2013-06-16 at 03:31 PM.

Deleted
    What I find funny, is that Mages have an interrupt called Counterspell that is on a 24 sec CD (same as Silencing Shot), not on GCD, locks out of the school for 6 seconds and at max lvl also silences the target for 4 secs on top of the lockout. And it's baseline for ALL 3 Mage specs while ours is currently a talent.

I can't help but feel like Mages are at an unfair advantage...

I raid 10 man and in this tier I need an interrupt. I can only hope that Siege of Orgrimmar wont be too heavy on interrupts but I expect it will be similar to this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Evixy View Post
    What I find funny, is that Mages have an interrupt called Counterspell that is on a 24 sec CD (same as Silencing Shot), not on GCD, locks out of the school for 6 seconds and at max lvl also silences the target for 4 secs on top of the lockout. And it's baseline for ALL 3 Mage specs while ours is currently a talent.

I can't help but feel like Mages are at an unfair advantage...

I raid 10 man and in this tier I need an interrupt. I can only hope that Siege of Orgrimmar wont be too heavy on interrupts but I expect it will be similar to this tier.
    Mages aren't Hunters. Shock horror!

A lot of people seem real butthurt about losing their interrupt. Maybe you should spend time gearing up a new toon instead of complaining on forums that Blizzard doesn't read.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-06-16 at 04:29 PM.

Mages aren't Hunters. Shock horror!

A lot of people seem real butthurt about losing their interrupt. Maybe you should spend time gearing up a new toon instead of complaining on forums that Blizzard doesn't read.
    losing utility, oh well! no wonder it took you guys until may 22nd to kill heroic horridon because you werent being helpful