Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Just saw this on the last post feature, but came in to say the tanking challenge is ridiculously easy. I'd recommend trying that one.

I did this as Ret tuesday and one shot it (i535 at the time, so your results may vary).

"Strat" I followed was... essentially: Nuke Wrathion from behind, interupt when possible, avoid cone attack, avoid rain of fire/stone aoe (couldn't really tell, but basically, do not stand where the dark spots are. As the adds come up, blow Aura Mastery/Divine Protection and start AoEing them down. If you drop below half or so, WoG/FoL yourself (or LoH if you really need to be topped off) and/or kite if absolutely needed. Stun Wrathion if any adds remain and take the 6 seconds to finish them off. He was basically dead by the second set of adds... so I definitely believe I overgeared this a wee bit.

Standing behind him gives a rather formidable dps buff as I finished the fight off at 380k dps. It took approximately 95 seconds to down him.

I found it easier to single target the adds down, having them all up, attacking you hurt a lot, but killing a few early made the damage much more manageable. I 2 shot it in about 530 gear.

I highly suggest doing the tank one if you are having trouble with the melee one. I had problems with the melee one then 1 shotted the tank one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeoniel View Post
    I did this as Ret tuesday and one shot it (i535 at the time, so your results may vary).

"Strat" I followed was... essentially: Nuke Wrathion from behind, interupt when possible, avoid cone attack, avoid rain of fire/stone aoe (couldn't really tell, but basically, do not stand where the dark spots are. As the adds come up, blow Aura Mastery/Divine Protection and start AoEing them down. If you drop below half or so, WoG/FoL yourself (or LoH if you really need to be topped off) and/or kite if absolutely needed. Stun Wrathion if any adds remain and take the 6 seconds to finish them off. He was basically dead by the second set of adds... so I definitely believe I overgeared this a wee bit.

Standing behind him gives a rather formidable dps buff as I finished the fight off at 380k dps. It took approximately 95 seconds to down him.
    Exactly I did the same way...It took me something like 10-15 attempts to down him...ilv 517...

Deleted
    I've 530 il and i just keep wiping, I find the whole thing totally stupid cause it's too based on luck , combination and perfect execution, actually for a stupid but good cloak is gettin overfrustrating. I've done exactly as you suggested, glyphed and changed any talent, or i take care of oozes or i kill him, but with the 2nd group of oozes there is no chance to nuke the copies fast enough and inferno kills me
    Last edited by mmoc353ea11112; 2013-07-04 at 02:19 PM.

I one shot this with ilvl 527, its easy just stay behind Wrathion, interrupt Blood of the Deathborn and AoE down the oozes ASAP, the oozes hit harder the longer they're alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    If paladins and dk's are struggling the rest of us melee who arnt op are skrewed.

Is there a way to do them again after you've done them once? I want to try the healing one with selfless healer >

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    If paladins and dk's are struggling the rest of us melee who arnt op are skrewed.
    Warriors and Enhancement Shamans that I know have had the least trouble with it. If you're struggling, you're just doing what I did at first and not thinking about the strengths of your class. For example, I've seen a video of a warrior with significantly less gear than I had making mincemeat of the blobs in next to no time. Enhancement Shamans have insane initial burst and so can strip most of Wrathion's health away very quickly and a couple of guys I've spoken to just said they went to the other end of the room when the blobs spawned and took them out with lightning from range.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I thought people searching for info might appreciate some help other than "LOLZ 1SHOTTED IT". Especially now that more alts are getting to this point, and will not be quite so well geared or experienced. My Ret Pally was ilvl 508 when I worked out this routine:

Remember:
    1. That (as of 5.4 anyway) while he is stunned, he cannot cast mirror images.
    2. Even though he is stunned, the blobs will re-appear on the timer.
    3. After you have killed the blobs a few times (possibly 3) then they will take a break for a few minutes.
    4. Even though he cannot cast mirror images and he is stunned, you will still get the voice audio announcements.

So it goes like this:
    1. Hammer of Justice Wrathion.
    2. DPS for 6-8 seconds until he starts to cast fire meteors.
    3. Repentance Wrathion.
    4. Move away from him (out of AoE range) as adds spawn, hit/AoE adds as desired.
    5. Heal up
    6. Wait until HoJ is available again.
    7. Repeat

Yes, it takes quite a long time, but he never casts mirror images, there is always plenty of time to hit the blobs, and to heal up and then recover mana.

Deleted
    I did it on my first attempt with 510 ilvl. just used "Long arm of the law" to kite the slimes while I spam judgement and exo to kill them.

when the copies spawn do HotR and DS as long as possible. if you have the bad luck of not finding the real Wrathion, use Divine Protection or Devo Aura. after this you can heal yourself fast with LoH or Flash of light with Selfless Healer.