Page 1 of 2
LastLast

28 days for pants

The new craftable armor trade goods are Balanced Trillium Ingot (made from 1 trillium bar once per day, soulbound), Hardened Magnificent Leather (made from 2 magnificent leather once per day, soulbound) and Celestial Cloth (made from 10 bolts of windwool once per day, soulbound).

It will take 21 days to make enough to create a belt, and 28 days to make enough to create a pair of legs. There are placeholder recipes in for the blacksmithing patterns, but the leather and cloth patterns are for items ilvl 545. Some examples:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=142964

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=142966

Looks like those will fall just around normal difficulty item level, though these things as always are subject to change.

I'm hoping that there's some sort of alternate way of getting the craftable trade goods using massive amounts of lesser material, since that seems like a long wait for a new pair of drawers.

And I'm kind of peeved that they added Kyparite at the start of the expansion then forgot it completely. Although we haven't seen the raid craftables yet so there may yet be a use for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least we won't have to craft 2 lesser versions to get to the highest ilvl version of those craftables (i.e. reborn BS weapons). I agree that it's a long wait, but they seem to enjoy gating stuff people want right out of the gates, which I'm not opposed to. It's ok to wait for the things you want. Instant gratification makes things boring real quick!!!

doubt it will be this long gonna have less mats and raid drop
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

I agree 21 seems excessive.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even if 21 / 28 days seems to be long, at least we'll be able to make the items when we learn the recipe instead of looking and hoping for mats to make a recipe we just learned (haunting spirit anyone?).

its only ptr, i doubt these numbers will stay.

Quote Originally Posted by silmarilen View Post
    its only ptr, i doubt these numbers will stay.
    Perhaps not the exact numbers, but everything about this expansion has been about drastically slowing down the majority of players.

It takes 25 days to make a 502 weapon from the 5.2 stuff (the Reborn weapons). 5 for 463, 10 for 476, 15 for 502. 25 total.

21 and 28 days seems to match up with the above fairly well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    The new craftable armor trade goods are Balanced Trillium Ingot (made from 1 trillium bar once per day, soulbound), Hardened Magnificent Leather (made from 2 magnificent leather once per day, soulbound) and Celestial Cloth (made from 10 bolts of windwool once per day, soulbound).
    Wouldn't that make this item only craftable by characters that are Blacksmith/Tailor? That's quite a niche.

edit: Unless Celestial Cloth is a recipe made available to everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    It takes 25 days to make a 502 weapon from the 5.2 stuff (the Reborn weapons). 5 for 463, 10 for 476, 15 for 502. 25 total.

21 and 28 days seems to match up with the above fairly well.
    5 + 10 + 15 usually equals 30

My only grief with this is the Magnificent leather part requiring 2, which seems to be more annoying to get than 1 trillium bar or 10 bolts of windwhool

They will not even require raid materials (if they go live as is) which I think is fine, taking the 3-4 weeks into consideration
    Last edited by Lushious; 2013-06-14 at 03:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're just following common sense. Everyone knows, if the pants drop too quick, it probably wasn't worth it. o.0
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2013-06-14 at 03:10 PM. Reason: typing too fast, typo

10+ Year Old Account
    28 days seems rather excessive. I mean, okay they are normal mode ilevel pants, but it's still just a pair of pants, not something important like a weapon or trinket. Hope they make it more reasonable then this, cause the prospect of being able to craft maybe 4 or 5 of these before the end of the expansion is a bit ludicrous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    28 days seems rather excessive. I mean, okay they are normal mode ilevel pants, but it's still just a pair of pants, not something important like a weapon or trinket. Hope they make it more reasonable then this, cause the prospect of being able to craft maybe 4 or 5 of these before the end of the expansion is a bit ludicrous.
    As a former double craft LW / BS, considering dropping Alch again just to double my net number of pants..

Ah, well. This is what alts are for. Time to level an LW and a Tailor and spend 20mins + every day on daily profession cooldowns -_-
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you want a pair of pants and a belt for both specs, I don't see anyone needing to making 4-5 items since they're currently soulbound and may be a profession perk, in a sense, for anyone who may not have the luck to get a normal mode drop for either slot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daovan View Post
    Unless you want a pair of pants and a belt for both specs, I don't see anyone needing to making 4-5 items since they're currently soulbound and may be a profession perk, in a sense, for anyone who may not have the luck to get a normal mode drop for either slot.
    I highly doubt the craftable items will be soulbound to the user who makes them. As far as I know, the last time blizzard did that was back in BC. I am certain they will be BoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    I highly doubt the craftable items will be soulbound to the user who makes them. As far as I know, the last time blizzard did that was back in BC. I am certain they will be BoE.
    With a 28 craft timer it almost has to be soulbound.
    Imagine the price on an item that takes a full 28 days to create with expansive mats being sold on the AH, prices would go through the roof.
    Not even mentioning the duping/hacking potential that could occur.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    They're just following common sense. Everyone knows, if the pants drop too quick, it probably wasn't worth it. o.0
    If only this forum had a "like" button.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    With a 28 craft timer it almost has to be soulbound.
    Imagine the price on an item that takes a full 28 days to create with expansive mats being sold on the AH, prices would go through the roof.
    Not even mentioning the duping/hacking potential that could occur.
    What? No..

Ever heard of the reborn weapons? like.. patch 5.2? Takes 30 days to create, and prices atm on my server) is around ~30k with Lionheart abit higher than the others

True, but that was weapons which were BiS in some cases, this is just some pants with an ilvl similar to normal - far from BiS.
    Yet I personally doubt that these will go live as soulbound items.
    Last edited by Lushious; 2013-06-16 at 05:07 PM.

In actuality, according to GC's Tweets, Normal ilvl is expected to be around 553, which means that 545 will be sub-Normal drops, which implies that these are for people raiding LFR/Flex and that Normals/HC are expected to either a) get pants from the raid or b) have craftable items of appropriate ilvl that have recipes that drop in the raid, ala 496 ilvl recipes dropping in T14 while 476 was trainer learned.

Also, according to the PTR links, all the pants and belts ARE BoP. This has happened in the past and those items actually still exist in game (Stormforged Hauberk http://www.wowhead.com/item=30076) [This is really weird since it is an Agi Mail lvl 65 chest from Blacksmithing]. So it is entirely possible these will continue to be BoP, which explains the fact that no raid dropped mats (Blood Spirit/Haunting Spirit/etc) will be required for these to be made.

And, Lushious, you can craft as many Magnificent Hides as you want at the rate of 50 Leather per Hide with no cooldown. The only crafting cooldown they have is to use only 20 Leather or 20 Prismatic Scales to craft. So really, it isn't that bad to craft them.

how bout tailor's Dreamcloth in Cataclysm"?