Thread: Horde leader

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd like to see Lor'themar Theron become the next leader, just to watch the forum belf haters have a meltdown of epic proportions.

A Mary Sue is a character that can do no wrong. IMO Thrall's choice of Garrosh Hellscream as the new Warchief prevents him from being classified as a Mary Sue. That was one HUGE wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Kid, don't start that shit again. Thrall is a fictional character, he's not real. I'm not saying I want Dalai Lama to die. I want Thrall to die so the story can have something new to it.
    No sunshine (and I'm 31, how old are you junior?), you just want such a character to die to feed a morbid fascination.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 04:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mber341 View Post
    A Mary Sue is a character that can do no wrong. IMO Thrall's choice of Garrosh Hellscream as the new Warchief prevents him from being classified as a Mary Sue. That was one HUGE wrong.
    Thrall makes mistakes, and people call him a sue. Thrall shows he can be defeated (by staghelm) and still call him a sue.
    People are morons.
    #boycottchina

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well here's what we know.

Garrosh will not be staying Warchief, as being the living vessel of Y'shaarj seems to disqualify you from holding political office.

Nazgrim will not be, either. Because he'll more than likely be buried with the other corpses.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I've never known so many people in a community who 'hope' for good guys to die. Kind of gives a look at the downfall of society in this age.

Then again we live in a time where teenagers would mug a war vet, film it on there phone and post it online for shits and giggles, so I shouldn't be surprised by this anymore.
    I don't agree, for example, i really like Thrall but i wouldn't be mad if he die, why? because every good story need an ends, and maybe Thralls story should end cause that may help others characters stories bloom (Like Agraa story or the next Warchief story)...

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 10:01 AM ----------

Thrall makes mistakes, and people call him a sue. Thrall shows he can be defeated (by staghelm) and still call him a sue.
    People are morons.
    I agree Thrall is not a Marrie Sue and i actually like that Blizzard showed how Thrall regret what he have done, how his decision to make Garrosh the Warchief made the Horde fall apart, cause that showed that Thrall can also be wrong, that he´s wise but that does not mean he can't make a bad desicion

10+ Year Old Account
    No sunshine (and I'm 31, how old are you junior?), you just want such a character to die to feed a morbid fascination.
    I'm 26 and you might want to start acting your age. I don't like Thrall because I think he's a boring character and his death could open the story for more development. He is played out. Same reason why I hope Illidan stays dead. There is nothing morbid about wanting the story to keep moving forward.

You need to learn to respect other people's opinions and stop trying to paint people like the devil just because they don't like the same video game characters that you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 26 and you might want to start acting your age. I don't like Thrall because I think he's a boring character and his death could open the story for more development. He is played out. Same reason why I hope Illidan stays dead. There is nothing morbid about wanting the story to keep moving forward.

You need to learn to respect other people's opinions and stop trying to paint people like the devil just because they don't like the same video game characters that you do.
    I agree with you, i mean many other people story can be develop if Thralls die, like Agraa (i hate her but i want more prominent female characters), but i would like Illidan to be rezzed... why? cause that mean that the Night Elf story will be develope (they really need it) and Tyrande story will also be develope (I hate the Wife role she have right now....)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenzovinski View Post
    So, Thrall is coming back ?
    I hope Garrosh strangles the life out of that tree hugger. If the true warchief must fall (garrosh) then i vote for Sylvannas.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    I agree with you, i mean many other people story can be develop if Thralls die, like Agraa (i hate her but i want more prominent female characters), but i would like Illidan to be rezzed... why? cause that mean that the Night Elf story will be develope (they really need it) and Tyrande story will also be develope (I hate the Wife role she have right now....)
    Although I do agree that the night elf lore needs a shake and that Tyrande has been sitting in the fridge for too long, I don't think Illidan is the way to go. I loved Illidan's participation in warcraft 3, but in TBC all he did was hide away in fear of the Burning legion. I much preferred what they did with Staghelm although I think Blizzard missed a wonderful chance to bring Tyrande in that fight. She should be the one opposing Staghelm, showing her strength as a woman and as a military leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    So you would be content with having a developed character, a hero, die making the excuse 'all stories need to end', but then you'd want them to rez Illidan, whos story did end in TBC?

You don understand the horrible double standards of what your saying right.

Anyway, screw this, I've gotten into enough of these pointless debates where it ends up the same.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Harry Potter made mistakes, doesn't mean he's not a Mary Sue.

And please act your age, rather than calling for people's yearn for story advancement as the need 'to feed a morbid fascination'. In A Song of Ice and Fire, important characters die a lot, not 'to feed a morbid fascination' but to advance the story. We feel emotion and attachment to these characters and killing them in front of us only strengthens our emotional attachment and makes the story that bit more unpredictable.

Killing Thrall would be nothing but good for the story. New story-lines would open as the man who saved the Horde is dead, people will be uneasy, the new leader will not get the best reception, the Alliance will feel more confident. You might think Thrall is the essential lord and saviour of Warcraft but
    killing the most powerful shaman would do a lot for the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although I do agree that the night elf lore needs a shake and that Tyrande has been sitting in the fridge for too long, I don't think Illidan is the way to go. I loved Illidan's participation in warcraft 3, but in TBC all he did was hide away in fear of the Burning legion. I much preferred what they did with Staghelm although I think Blizzard missed a wonderful chance to bring Tyrande in that fight. She should be the one opposing Staghelm, showing her strength as a woman and as a military leader.
    I too hated Illidan in TBC cause he did nothing, that's why i want him back, i want him to fight the Legion and in the process confront Malfurion and Tyrande, and remenber that Maiev is still around so if Illidan come back it will also mean that Maiev will come back too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Kyurem View Post
    Harry Potter made mistakes, doesn't mean he's not a Mary Sue.
    So now any main character is a mary sue.

ok, I'm ignoring you, your honestly are incapable of having a well thought out conversation.
    #boycottchina

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    Warchief idea is over each leader will chose a emissary to represent them on the newly formed

WAR COUNCIL

Calling it here

Thrall will become the leader of the orcs and his council member will be saurfang.
    Sylvanas will make nathanos blightcaller her choice.
    Tbh the best goblin choice would be gallywix as he like making plans and not being in the fight.
    Hamuul Runetotem or Sunwalker Dezco would be baines likely choices.
    Aethas sunreaver could be the pick for the regent lord.
    Master Gadrin would be Vol'jin's member as he is his trusted advisor.
    I really. REALLY. hope that is not the case.

I hate council leadership with a burning passion. Because it doesn't actually unite anyone.

If the Forsaken really wanna drop a plague bomb on Stormwind, they'll just hold up council proceedings until the others capitulate.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

i bet on the trolls!

cause blizz is trolling us

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've never known so many people in a community who 'hope' for good guys to die. Kind of gives a look at the downfall of society in this age.

Then again we live in a time where teenagers would mug a war vet, film it on there phone and post it online for shits and giggles, so I shouldn't be surprised by this anymore.
    sometimes i think you associate anyone who wants the "good guy" to die as a bad stain on society just for the trolls.

i seriously do not understand how you can think that just because people want to see the evil side win that that makes them a bad person.

i wanted gerard butlers character to kill everyone in law abiding citizen, i guess that makes me a terrorist

Hmmm no. Argued this so often its hitting the dead horse into a paste. He's not a mary sue just because you said he is, its just players bitching about nothing like they do everything else. The devs themselves called this up and said how stupid it sounded to keep bleaching it out.
    Not to mention that 'Mary Sue' is being used incorrectly by people who don't know better. A Mary Sue is a character that is written into a story that represents the author allowing the author to write themselves into the story. The first Mary Sue was a star trek fan fiction where a character named Mary Sue behaved just like the Author so they could reflect themselves into the Star Trek mythos so they could live through their character.

Just because a bunch of stupid people apply the term Mary Sue wrong does not make it the correct way of applying the term.

I think that its a 50/50% chance that Thrall will become the Orc Faction leader but NOT the Horde leader. As a father and husband he has a lot on his plate. Then again being a father and husband typically pushes a character out to pasture and its considered a fulfilled death if you die and leave behind heirs. So 50% chance he dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just confirmed to be Vul'jin

[Infracted & Snipped]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-06-12 at 04:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    I really don't see how you can say, with reason, Thrall is played out. His life's work, literally, is a smouldering ruin, what he did in Cataclysm is a sidenote, he's got a whole lot of *rebuilding* to do and he's in a respected position to do it. He built the Horde everyone plays in (and still plays with the rift and this "True Horde"); he's the reason said Horde isn't considered a villainous group of barbarians by the way the story is written. He's got a lot of accountability, to the other leaders of the Horde, to the Alliance, and even to Pandaria. To kill him off would be terrible writing and total laziness on the part of the cdev to just drop the ball completely. It's nearly inconceivable for the Orcs to come back from this fourth foray into madness; Thrall is about the only one who stands a chance of convincing the rest of Azeroth (including the Horde) Orcs really aren't trying to take over the planet and destroy them all...
    These is why i would like Thrall to die, to give someone else that oportunity, to show his/her value, cause right now the only one that shows the chance to see the Orcs as good is with Thrall, but what if Thrall die, and that makes many other orcs follow his example and then one of those Orcs may come up to lead them... That's what i want!, i want Blizzard to show that even if Thrall dies, his legacy will still live on, that the Orcs can be good without him, and with that they could take another character story and develope it (no i don't want a new character, i want an existing one like Agraa)

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I'd like to see Lor'themar Theron become the next leader, just to watch the forum belf haters have a meltdown of epic proportions.
    I'd like to see this just to see Sylvannus's expression when Lor'themar rolls up on her and says, "Look who's taking orders now Be'yotch!"