Thread: Horde leader

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So now any main character is a mary sue.

ok, I'm ignoring you, your honestly are incapable of having a well thought out conversation.
    Apart from Voldemort, HP is the only person in the world to have survived the Avada Kedavra curse, immediately putting him with the big hitters.

Despite being bullied and abused by his cousin and Uncle and Aunt, he remains level headed and earnest.

Even though he was not brought up in the magic world, he shows an uncanny talent for it.

He is the Pele of Quidditch, right from word go.

The Sorting Hat gives all other pupils a quick appraisal but talks it's bollocks off when Harry is wearing it.

A moody teen he may be at times, but he never looses sight of being ethical and noble.
    Nice to see you ignored the other part of my post, and you call me the one who can not have a 'well thought out conversation'. I certainly put a lot of thought in to my response to you, good sir!

I've never known so many people in a community who 'hope' for good guys to die. Kind of gives a look at the downfall of society in this age.

Then again we live in a time where teenagers would mug a war vet, film it on there phone and post it online for shits and giggles, so I shouldn't be surprised by this anymore.
    I admire your passion for your favorite character, but If I were you I'd hesitate before drawing parallels between self-perceived societal malaise and how nerds feel about a fictional blob of green pixels created in 2001 by a guy called Chris.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you would be content with having a developed character, a hero, die making the excuse 'all stories need to end', but then you'd want them to rez Illidan, whos story did end in TBC?

You don understand the horrible double standards of what your saying right.

Anyway, screw this, I've gotten into enough of these pointless debates where it ends up the same.
    Hahaha, yeah you got a point, but Thrall story have been really good and his death can open a lot of good character story line, but also as many here may agree, Illidan story have not being that good as Thralls, Illidan story went really well with Warcraft 3 but in TBC it wasnt as good, i mean, even Blizzard said that Illidan didn't felt like a Villian that we most defeat like Arthas... and Trassk calm down i understand how you feel, is kind of stressing when people don't get what you say or start saying random things that make them look like they are contradicting themself (That happens a lot to me when i talk about Sylvanas)

All this arguing over the term Mary Sue could be solved if you just googled Mary Sue, and don't use the urban dictionary. Use the actual literal term used in literary circles, it means a character that is placed in a story that represents the author so the author can fantacise about being in that environment.

I am glad Vol'Jin is the new Horde leader, he actually thinks about the other Factions and has true Horde Loyalty. Lo'Themar Theron was dipping his toes into conversing with Stormwind about leaving the Horde just before Jaina went all nutty. He has loyalty only to the Blood Elves and understandably so.

Deleted

ok, I'm ignoring you, your honestly are incapable of having a well thought out conversation.
    I'm a long time lurker in these waters for a damn long time now, but you kind sir seem to confront 98% of the users here with arguments which always leads to an off topic discussion. If someone wants some character in a game to die, then i really don't think it has to do something with 'morbid fascination' or something like that, you're overthinking it and trying to hard to be the tough and smart guy.

I really tought some minutes if i should post anything because my head always said: "Don't feed the Troll", but this one post had to be. A Forum is about opinions and thoughts and ideas, and even discussions but you are always stirring up discussions which lead to an off topic which is in no way related to the thread and in that matter you're even attacking people saying they have 'morbid fascinations' and you're even connecting a damn online gaming Forum with todays downfall of society... + Your first post in this Thread: Yes, maybe the OP wanted to get some speculation going, and some nice ideas i rly don't know why you directly insert such a post with a wanted touch of negativity and admonition.

I don't know your posts always read like youre totally upset about other opinions and thoughts maybe this Forum isn't good for your blood pressure.

(englisch is not my native language but i hope the message got delivered)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    The circumstances around the story make Thrall being a martyr impossible to work. He might be a martyr to the player orcs (by force from the story) and to his handful of supporters but look at the siege of orgrimmar. Nazgrim and countless other orcs of the Korkron are going to be dying in droves in this siege and doing it for Garrosh. Perhaps we can assume they all die at the end of SoO, along with Hellscream and Thrall and every other Orc of prominence; you've got a devastated race with a "clean slate". It could work but it destroys to Horde in the process...
    Is true but remenber that Blizzard haven't shown the Orc´s citizen reaction..., they haven't shown how they see Garrosh, and how will they see the fight between their first and noble warchief (Thrall) and the new Warchief, how will they react if Garrosh kill Thrall in a public way? where they all can see? what do you think will happen if they see that and also look at how their new warchief are treating their allies, so... that may still works, and that may bring a new Orc hero rise!

OFF-topic:

No sunshine (and I'm 31, how old are you junior?), you just want such a character to die to feed a morbid fascination.

Trassk, you are disappointing me. You started this thread to have a discussion about Horde leader ideas and then start ignoring people and pulling the age card like some child because they have an opinion about a certain character or term in the discussion.

People have their reasons to see a character as a Mary Sue. The meaning of Mary Sue has became very large and spread out these last ten years; it doesn't mean what it used to mean anymore, it has become broader. If people wish to see Thrall dead because he has played his part and done enough through out the expansions, then let them. I can see the reasons behind it but I can also name many other reasons against the idea.

Most of us here in the General section of the forum are aware of how much you love the orcs and especially Thrall, but we don't need to have the same love to be able to talk and discuss with you. Lighten up and let people have their opinion and allow them to explain it further than cutting them off.

On-topic:

I see Vol'jin become the new warchief simply because he has proven to hold the Horde's believes in high regard and respect. His quote of "dis aint wat da Horde is about" during his scenario has been the most clear proof that he cares the most to make the Horde work as Thrall had imagined it. Lor'themar has been gaining some brownie points but I don't see him trying to achieve full power over the Horde. He only has the interest of his own people on his mind, or so it comes across on the isle of thunder.

And yes, I see Thrall fading away in the background. I don't see him die, no... but I do see him retreat somewhere away from the Horde to tend to his son and wife. His judgement and choices haven't been in his favor as of late and with him saving the world, he has done his hero deed, he followed his destiny. He is done. I like Thrall, i have been a fangirl of his but even I have to admit that it is time for someone else to replace him and let him retire.

Deleted
    Hmmm no. Argued this so often its hitting the dead horse into a paste. He's not a mary sue just because you said he is, its just players bitching about nothing like they do everything else. The devs themselves called this up and said how stupid it sounded to keep bleaching it out.
    A lovng parent will never call his child retarded, even if it is. Thrall may not be completly Mary Sue'ish but he is very close to it. Call us sadists if you will, but some people just didnt saw thrall suffer that much, yeah we know that whole Thrall cloak quest line in Cata but that's not even remotely close to seeing him getting down to his knees in a recent event in which players actually participated in.

Hardships build character and we havent really saw Thrall dealing with them much. Like "heart broken, clearly giving a painfull look" hardship.

10+ Year Old Account
    thrall shall die, garrosh shall keep the warchief title, sylvanus will befriend bolvar then stab him in the back to become the new lich queen! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Hardships build character and we havent really saw Thrall dealing with them much. Like "heart broken, clearly giving a painfull look" hardship.
    Actually we have seen Thrall facing way to many hardships but only in books like "The lord of the Clans" (I love that book!)

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 10:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    thrall shall die, garrosh shall keep the warchief title, sylvanus will befriend bolvar then stab him in the back to become the new lich queen! :P
    I have never understood... why people call her Sylvanus sometimes?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you.... actually think that?

Because now that he's the Living Vessel of Y'Shaarj, Garrosh kind of can't keep anyone but the most power-hungry orcs at his side.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    because my spelling is terrible <3

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Same reason Rogues are called Rouges, I think. Unless Sylvanas' name was actually translated to other languages as it was in the Brazilian version (there she's just called Sylvana), that is.

Oh, there we go. He actually replied. :P
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

10+ Year Old Account
    because my spelling is terrible <3
    really?.... cause there are many people that call her that way... and is really strange... at least for me

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 10:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Same reason Rogues are called Rouges, I think. Unless Sylvanas' name was actually translated to other languages as it was in the Brazilian version (there she's just called Sylvana), that is.

Oh, there we go. He actually replied. :P
    Yes, i actually call her Sylvana and not Sylvanas most of the time, but is only because in DR we tend to eat the "S" so when we say somethings we exclude the "S" :P

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    Probably Nazgrim will be the next Orc leader .

Seems the most logical choice.

And Thrall will be the Horde chief.
    Nazgrim is in the line up for the bosses in Seige of Orgimmar, so there's no way he will Warchief. Even if he survives after the raid content, he will not be a part of the New Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never known so many people in a community who 'hope' for good guys to die. Kind of gives a look at the downfall of society in this age.

Then again we live in a time where teenagers would mug a war vet, film it on there phone and post it online for shits and giggles, so I shouldn't be surprised by this anymore.
    Its just a game dude get a grip lol dont base what you see on games with real life,its just stupid.

Anyways on another stupid note....

BASIC CAMPFIRE FOR WARCHIEF!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    P.D: Anyone know what happened to Maim, brother of Rend Blackhand?
    he died during the war against the dark iron dwarves for the control of blackrock mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    All this arguing over the term Mary Sue could be solved if you just googled Mary Sue, and don't use the urban dictionary. Use the actual literal term used in literary circles, it means a character that is placed in a story that represents the author so the author can fantacise about being in that environment.

I am glad Vol'Jin is the new Horde leader, he actually thinks about the other Factions and has true Horde Loyalty. Lo'Themar Theron was dipping his toes into conversing with Stormwind about leaving the Horde just before Jaina went all nutty. He has loyalty only to the Blood Elves and understandably so.
    I guess it is hard to tell Metzen's true reason for creating Thrall but it's well known that one of his favorite character's is Thrall and he actually voices Thrall himself. For all we know Thrall could be Metzen's "Mary Sue". Anywho I don't think Thrall should die, I just don't think he should come back as leader of the Horde. Obvious answer is Vol'jin since he is leading the horde rebellion but who knows what will happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Is true but remenber that Blizzard haven't shown the Orc´s citizen reaction..., they haven't shown how they see Garrosh, and how will they see the fight between their first and noble warchief (Thrall) and the new Warchief, how will they react if Garrosh kill Thrall in a public way? where they all can see? what do you think will happen if they see that and also look at how their new warchief are treating their allies, so... that may still works, and that may bring a new Orc hero rise!
    They have partially shown Orc resistance in 5.3. The Warrior trainer in Razor Hill yells out that too many young warriors he has trained have had their lives wasted by Garrosh and he no longer supports him.

I hope we will see more of an orc rebellion in 5.4.

As for Warchief, it MUST be an Orc. No question about that.

Right now here is the running order.

1. Thrall returns (he did say to Garrosh that his position would be "temporary" when he left)
    2. Saurfang
    3. Eitrigg

and the wild card
    4. Nazgrim (despite being a boss he may back down fighting us and not die, but that chance is hopelessly slim)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Its just a game dude get a grip lol dont base what you see on games with real life,its just stupid.

Anyways on another stupid note....

BASIC CAMPFIRE FOR WARCHIEF!
    Just because it's a game doesn't mean he can feel the story, that's what make it fun, it makes people happy, sad, and sometimes even angry..., i do agree that he have to calm down a little, but not because is a game....

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 11:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    They have partially shown Orc resistance in 5.3. The Warrior trainer in Razor Hill yells out that too many young warriors he has trained have had their lives wasted by Garrosh and he no longer supports him.

I hope we will see more of an orc rebellion in 5.4.

As for Warchief, it MUST be an Orc. No question about that.

Right now here is the running order.

1. Thrall returns (he did say to Garrosh that his position would be "temporary" when he left)
    2. Saurfang
    3. Eitrigg

and the wild card
    4. Nazgrim (despite being a boss he may back down fighting us and not die, but that chance is hopelessly slim)
    Why?

I mean, they should add a new Orc leader (an Orc) but they could take the "Warchief" title out of the Orcs hands because remenber that the Warchief is not just the one who lead the orcs he's also the one who lead the Horde, so they can make Saurfang (That's an example) the leader of the Orcs and Vol'jin (that's also an example) the one who lead the Horde...
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2013-06-12 at 05:04 PM.