Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    On the topic of replacing Leeching with something more useful:

I was brainstorming a few days ago about leeching/smoke bomb/ and another talent in the same tier. Leeching would be more of a Tranquility style HOT, when activated all friendly targets can now be hit with your Fan of Knives. This effect would stack like Tranquility, and heal over time. Similarly Smoke Bomb is now a talent on that same tier, same effect. For the life of me I can't remember what the 3rd choice was.

I'm sure that would require some serious balancing, but at least it would break up the cookie cutter talents. My raiding talents have rarely changed since 5.0. Very situational stuff like solo interrupting Sul on H Council with Deadly Throw.

ON TOPIC:
    The only time I use Recup at this time is when an enemy dies with CP on them and Redirect is down :S

Quote Originally Posted by Leyowin View Post
    On the topic of replacing Leeching with something more useful:

I was brainstorming a few days ago about leeching/smoke bomb/ and another talent in the same tier. Leeching would be more of a Tranquility style HOT, when activated all friendly targets can now be hit with your Fan of Knives. This effect would stack like Tranquility, and heal over time. Similarly Smoke Bomb is now a talent on that same tier, same effect. For the life of me I can't remember what the 3rd choice was.

I'm sure that would require some serious balancing, but at least it would break up the cookie cutter talents. My raiding talents have rarely changed since 5.0. Very situational stuff like solo interrupting Sul on H Council with Deadly Throw.

ON TOPIC:
    The only time I use Recup at this time is when an enemy dies with CP on them and Redirect is down :S
    "Hey stand there for a sec and lemme throw some daggers in your face to heal you."

vs monks

"Hey stand there for a sec and lemme spin around kicking you repeatedly in the face to heal you."

My RP immersion is being ruined.

Seriously though wow is turning into a too fast paced game. Back in MC/BWL days melee actually had time to get out and bandage themselves. Now there's just too much going around. Can't even bandage in a raid because every couple seconds random pulsing aoe damage goes out. Blizzard tried to make healing more engaging to they made more damage go out and increasing rates. PvP is all about burst and a 30 second hot just doesn't match up with the burst style of game play that wow has turned into.

If recoup turned into an instant 30% heal I would 100% use that in a life/death situation. Get hit to sub 10% and pop a heal and then keep on going where as currently get hit to sub 10% use recoup and then still die since a 13k heal every 3 seconds doesn't do anything at all.

Best way to think of how bad recoup is is to think about how much damage actually happens in 30 seconds in a raid environment or even in pvp. The healing vs damage output just doesn't work out. When you think about how in a regular normal mode not even heroic mode 10 man group typically you can see 2-3 healers doing 50k-70k hps of healing not counting over healing. A 4-5k hps hot isn't even a drop in the bucket compared to what healers are dishing out. Hell getting a heal from leeching poison off of a crit envenom would heal harder than a recoup tick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    Back in MC/BWL days melee actually had time to get out and bandage themselves.
    Though your point about bandaging being irrelevant being true; you comparing now to MC/BWL is pointless.
    The game has evolved beyond hybrids only being healers, mages only casting frostbolt and DPS meters not existing or not referenced.

On topic.
    The points about comparing Recoup with the passive healing druids and active healing monks get (referring to their melee DPS specs) is totally valid. They do comparable dps and similar (if not the same) defensive cooldowns and yet they heal themselves a lot more without using resources at all, unlike a 5 point recoup that heals nothing.

Want a fix to bring it inline to our leather friends?
    1. No resource cost - same as passive druid healing or using the healing talent monks have access (Chi Wave etc).
    2. Significant heal, 3 slow ticks of 36k, 24k and then 12k or something.
    3. Preferably off the global cooldown if it doesnt provide a dps boost/defensive bonus/additional affects in addition to its affect (comparing to active CDs monk have).
    4. Possibly add utility? Roll in Howl of Winter buff? Heals lowest health ally as well? Any additional affects are also passed onto allies within 15ft?
    Adding bewbs to his Avatar since 2011

I appear to be in the minority but I think Recuperate is great.

No, it is not a massive self heal but it is better than nothing and it can have its duration refreshed by the Glyph of Deadly Momentum. This makes it fantastic for levelling, dailies and grinding (I mean amazing - I never have to eat or worry about HP at all).

Recuperate is also strong when combined with Leeching Poison (especially if you are Combat or Sub - Leeching is weak for Assassination) and Marked for Death (which lets you gets Recuperate going quickly, and has it cooldown refreshed a lot).

Recuperate also scales with your health and so it gets better and better.

In raids and proper PvP it is weak but I tell you what: Rogues would kick up a massive fuss if it was removed. And remember pre-Cata, having to eat or bandage everytime we took damage? God I dont miss that.

So I say: enjoy it (and it is getting buffed by quite a bit after all (from 3.5% with Glyph to 5% with Glyph).

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    I appear to be in the minority but I think Recuperate is great.

No, it is not a massive self heal but it is better than nothing and it can have its duration refreshed by the Glyph of Deadly Momentum. This makes it fantastic for levelling, dailies and grinding (I mean amazing - I never have to eat or worry about HP at all).

Recuperate is also strong when combined with Leeching Poison (especially if you are Combat or Sub - Leeching is weak for Assassination) and Marked for Death (which lets you gets Recuperate going quickly, and has it cooldown refreshed a lot).

Recuperate also scales with your health and so it gets better and better.

In raids and proper PvP it is weak but I tell you what: Rogues would kick up a massive fuss if it was removed. And remember pre-Cata, having to eat or bandage everytime we took damage? God I dont miss that.

So I say: enjoy it (and it is getting buffed by quite a bit after all (from 3.5% with Glyph to 5% with Glyph).
    yes you are and most of us dont level rogues well i did but i got sick and tired of how bad it is to level a rogue during the lack of energy regen and lets be honest in an RAIDING environment deadly momentum glyph is pointless and recup is pointless in pvp there is a healing debuff so basicly its just good for dailys and old content
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    I've seen that bug

---------- Post added 2013-07-01 at 04:02 PM ----------

Tbh recup atm is fine it's getting a slight buff and that's fine by me